Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The TiBette Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by audreymonroe, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your thoughts on shoe styles always makes me giggle.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe these should do...
    [​IMG]

3. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Shut up, sharter.

4. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Well, I could probably run in those pretty well if it does start raining. Although they'd probably stink if they get wet. Decisions, decisions.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fashion Police, weedoo weedoo

Or you know, do.

Pfff, women.

Sure, you could pull it off. I'm sure it just slips right over your head - like the reverse of the way you put it on. Here all week try the veal.

No, but seriously, here's your dress and shoe combo, 'wildered.

dress

shoes

Based on the R&R thread, LatinGroove's girl needs to get those.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

You are trying to insult me. I think?

7. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My nana begs to differ...

8. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is the graduation outdoor, are you going to be on grass? That may change the shoe style a bit

9. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Outdoor, football field. So stadium, no grass that I have to walk on. No limitations really.

10. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you want to have some height but don't want to do "sexy" you could go with a black wedge. I like these and a couple others on the same site, but I'm not positive about my sense of style since I thought those red shoes were pretty and people are barfing all over them.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/alfani-pinae-platform-wedge-sandals?ID=1294175&CategoryID=13247&LinkType=PDPZ1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/alfa ... Type=PDPZ1</a>

11. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like these, just a hint of animal print. Not so high that you would break your neck and something that you would likely wear again.

Attached Files:

12. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

You can't put a clunky shoe with that dress. If you wanted something low, how about something like this?
    [​IMG]
    Or, if you're willing to throw down some cash...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See, I think the dress is sexy and she's going to a graduation in a football stadium. So if she pairs it with sexy shoes, it just seems more like going to a club or on a date. That was why I suggested the wedges - it was the only way I could think to tone down the sexiness without resorting to....flats (I could barely type that).

14. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

I want heels definitely. I don't want too low. I was thinking around 4" heels, but that's not set in stone.

And Angel--not that much cash. No where near that much cash. I waited for the dress to go on sale.

It's amazing how much everyone likes shoes.

Dammit, don't make me rethink my dress choice! I love that dress. Although there was another one I guess I could get.

I don't care for wedges in particular. Something about cork heels.

I don't get the opportunity to dress up a lot, so I don't mind the fancier shoes. From what I saw from people running through town in the rain a couple of years back, I'll be okay.

I appreciate everyone's opinions on this.

15. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, no, don't rethink the dress!

Maybe a heeled sandal?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/95631-1028545/Naturalizer/Black/Womens+Danya.aspx?campaign=Naturalizer&CMP=KNC-adwordspla&cpc=adwordspla&KPID=1028545-95631-9.5M&partnerid=adwordspla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Pro ... adwordspla</a>

I also like these, but the link to go to the shop doesn't work.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.google.com/shopping/product/7826655970888866847?q=black+heel+sandals&es_sm=93&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.64764171,d.dmQ,pv.xjs.s.en_US.PQkb9ew9HrM.O&biw=1920&bih=947&tch=1&ech=1&psi=vkhNU4XmG-Pd0QGl64GwDQ.1397573823540.13&prds=paur:ClkAsKraX5pjm_1Gad24RGwrS8xsc0M3avnxsR8aN4-zwUsA1peEtc_ggUZhDoL61pxJ7AgklOrMdynd-GuE71dzPiojzydXEgsDleaWQqam9yuICQaN9Z7VzRIZAFPVH70WmbACwJJG96KaTtuYNbUYoJlWBQ&sa=X&ei=J0pNU5-XNu_H0AHJooHADw&ved=0CL0CEMATMAg4kAE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.google.com/shopping/product ... MATMAg4kAE</a>

16. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

The name alone makes it worth it--Gladiator. And hello--this one has gold heels!
    [​IMG]

I refined the search at Famous to "high" heels which they think is 2"-3". Since when?

I'm leaning towards the heels, peep toe with a bit of a platform. Not sure color/style yet, but I have some time. Of course, the dress is en route, so if it doesn't fit, it will all be for nothing. Boo.

17. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Too big. Top part fits nice, too big in the hips. So I need to decide if I want to go down a size, but I'm worried it will be too tight on my arms. Because they're huge. And by huge I mean muscular.

I also had a silver and black pair of shoes I tried on with it. Black looked awesome. So I'll probably go that route.

Since you all helped, thought I'd share.

18. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does that mean we now get to provide input on a replacement dress?

19. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Well, it was also a little longer than I wanted, hitting just an inch or so above the knee (stupid tall models) so I was going to go with this (and big gold bracelet Mya!):

[​IMG]

But sure, I'll take suggestions. Everyone was so helpful with the shoes. Except x-ray. He's excluded. I don't even want to know what he'd suggest. It's in June.

20. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there any chance the original dress can be hemmed an inch up in length and maybe brought in around the hips if it is too large there? You got the dress because you liked it, and
    for a good price. Why not spend an extra $20-$40 to make it perfect if you think it is going to be a keeper dress.