Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He is such a character. When we first start our walk he jumps and bucks from excitement, looks like a rodeo bull. He playfully headbutts us, and only our hands when we hold them up. Not like the goat we had when I was 12ish year old, that montherfucker wanted to take you out and stomp your balls if you turned your back on him.

The sky was beautiful that day.

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That’s actually pretty impressive since goats typically don’t like to get wet. Ours won’t set foot outside if it’s so much as sprinkling.

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, he won't stand in the rain. We have one of those rollout awnings on our back deck, as long as the wind isn't up and I can leave it out, he and the dogs hang out there, mostly dry. Or, we have a lean to next to the shop, they're there for windier storms that stays dry.

That water is so cold, I can't see yet if he'll follow me deep enough to swim. I usually don't go in further than knee deep until June. I figure it won't be too hard to get him to swim, they say wild goats will swim as a survival skill. And he pretty much follows, or sometimes leads, the dogs around anywhere.

4. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

These cats are driving me crazy. We have one that can self moderate her eating and the other is a thicc gurl who will eat like a dog if we let her. We use to feed them at 7am and 5pm but Chonks starts meowing for food around 6:30 which wasn't a big deal when I had to wake up but now it was seriously cutting into my beauty sleep. Another issue with that feeding schedule was that the normal cat would have her fill and then Fats would finish her food off a few hours later. She actually gained 2lbs once we started to try and ration their food instead of open grazing.
    We did some research and ended up buying a dual bowl automatic feeder. Took their rations of 2 meals a day and now spread it out over 3 meals a day. 7am, noon and 5pm. Seemed to work ok for a few weeks but now both cats act like their starving. Constantly meowing for food and when the feeder announces food, they run to it. They're getting the same amount they've always got and if anything, the normal one is getting more than she use to get. So... what gives?

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We gave up. One cat eats normally, the other eats till it pukes. We have a chunky boy.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We have the same situation. Our fuzzy girl eats like a normal cat- a bit here and a bit there. Our 23 pound monster will vacuum up anything and everything. He’ll snarf up all of his food then start eating hers, and I have to hide it from him. He’d eat constantly if we let him.