Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm cheesy, so I sent my girlfriend this picture when she went home for Christmas break last winter.

And this picture is just hilarious.

Attached Files:

2. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Tex gets silly when I scratch his ears.

Attached Files:

3. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I feed it, it counts as a pet.

[​IMG]

4. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is The Girlfriends bulldog, Argus. He has so much more personality than I ever expected from a bulldog and absolutely cracks me up. He is also spoiled rotten and acts like an entitled little punk sometimes.

Attached Files:

5. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Taking pictures of the flood-damaged basement turned into me and the boys mugging for the camera.

Me and Mr. Badass:
    [​IMG]

Me and Mr. Perfect:
    [​IMG]

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I've posted pictures of Abu before but here's a video of him.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm8xIxIYUFM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm8xIxIYUFM</a>

He's pretty cute, right?

7. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Toby the Cat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. bigtom0404

bigtom0404
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wow I can not believe Ranger has not made it onto this board yet. My old man, who is about 9 years old now which is fairly old for a German Shepherd is a pure bred champion blood, both sides. His mom and pop are both pure bred champions and so forth, he came from a looooooong lineage of German Shepherds. That being said, he is by far the most loyal dog I have ever met. He is also one of the biggest German Shepherds I have ever come across at 132 lbs at his prime, and no he was not fat either, his rear hips are huge and his paws are gigantic.

Meet Ranger, staring at me while I was smoking a bowl on the back patio as if to say he wanted some.

[​IMG]

Ranger LOVES pigs ears, yes I know they aren't the best things for dogs, but he gets one about once a week.

[​IMG]

He also love curling up on the couch to sleep even though he knows hes not supposed to be up there but who could yell at him when he looks sooooooo damned pitiful.

[​IMG]

Who needs dog toys when your dog loves to play with empty old plastic coffee containers?

#208 bigtom0404, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

Keeping with the German Shepard theme and wishing it wasn't 100 degrees...

Attached Files:

10. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Introducing Cobber

My new little buddy that I rescued from TN. Great Pyrenees mix.

Smart little devil with very big paws. He's gonna be a big boy.

[​IMG]

11. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mamba, the rental dog. She belongs to the landlord, but since she has free range of the house, she might as well be my dog as well (until I move out, hence rental dog)

Attached Files:

12. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To follow are several pictures of some sweet Lionhead bunnies my dad has started raising.

We had a litter of four a couple months ago.

This is what one of the four looks like now. His/her mane, is hilariously colored. Actually, his/her whole look is pretty sweet

Attached Files:

13. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Continuing from my last post, here is another lionhead. This one's grey though, and has a much more fuzzy coat.

This was right after we got her. Her coat lightened up a ton since then, as you'll see.

This was maybe a month later.

This was another month later. Between this and the last picture one of several children may have broken her leg by pulling her instead of lifting her while her foot was between some boards. It's sad.

I'm this close to bringing this one to live with me in my apartment, but i'm afraid Gandalf (previously in this thread) might eat her.

Attached Files:

14. Sway

Sway
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

My girlfriend is a vet, so I have come to deal with strange animals meandering around the house. Currently she has 2 whippets, Boomer (white/brindle) and Mowgli (black), and 2 cats, Shitty Kitty (seriously), and Tripod. Shitty Kitty is, indeed, a shitty and troublesome cat with a propensity for licking her fupa. And Tripod, well she only has 3 legs. She looks like an inchworm when she walks around and it always cracks me up. And it doesn't slow her down at all, she's a trooper. The whippets are definitely not hearty dogs, but they are funny little fuckers. They need jackets in the winter (gay), but they do make great companions because of their athleticism. They come with us mountain biking, kayaking, you name it.

Attached Files:

15. Dirty30

Dirty30
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This is Damon, my Malamute.

As a puppy...

And now...

Attached Files:

16. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Chopper at 3 weeks old.

[​IMG]

Looks like he should have a bit of size to him. Waiting for the newest update, he is 5 weeks old today.

17. Obviously5Believer

Obviously5Believer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Found these early attempts at black and white film processing today. They may not technically be the greatest photos ever but my dog is a damn fine poser, I tell you fwhat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bittersweet. These are 3 or 4 years old and it seems like she's aged so much in that time. Now she sometimes doesn't even attempt to move when she's lying in front of the door and I try to open it. Damn dogs and their meagre lifespans.

18. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I pretty much blow at photography, but I figured I would share a few pics of my dog as well.

This is just over a year old and she had just gotten back from the groomer.That's why she has the scarf thing on.
    [​IMG]

I just got back inside from trying to take some pictures of her, but she really didn't want to trifle with the camera when there was a tennis ball that needed to be thrown.
    [​IMG]

You will never be this happy.
    [​IMG]

19. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This might be more of a Rant, but since it involves my Swarles Barkley, I'll throw it here.

The wife and I went to NYC for Labor Day weekend, and since we were only going to be gone for three days, we boarded my black lab at a place that will remain unnamed, except to say that it was PetSmart in Potomac Yards, near Alexandria, VA.

On Monday afternoon on the train heading back to DC, they call my wife to announce that my pup has a nasty rash along the right side of his belly, and there is a fair amount of puss showing up as well. They will be closed by the time we get back there, but they can have him go to the in-house vet at 7:00 Tuesday morning to get looked at.

Well.

We get in there to see him the next morning, and this thing is NASTY. He's got puss and redness and swelling over almost a quarter of his body. He's got rash on his leg, his hindquarter, and he is clearly in a lot of pain. The vet takes one look, looks at us, and says "This is bad. I'll need to spend some time getting this cleaned up. Also, there is NO REASON that it should have taken the kennel people this long to bring this to my attention. You will not be responsible for the cost." Best guess is that he chewed up the towel they gave him to lay on, and he spent too long laying on concrete that had just been treated with the chemicals they use to clean up the kennel area.

We finally brought him home around 5:30 last night, and it just breaks my heart. They had to shave most of the affected area, he's in a tremendous amount of pain, and he has to wear one of the plastic cones. He's been laying on the couch as best he can with the saddest face I have ever seen in my life.

Anyway...time to find a new boarding facility in the DC area. Suggestions welcome.

20. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been a month and a day since I brought my little buddy home.

I swear he grows every time I leave the room. He now knows how to climb on the couch and steal my spot when I get up.

[​IMG]