Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

the be all end all video game thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by hawt, Oct 19, 2009.

1. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

The latest patch for BG3 added so much content and a massive epilogue bit. Larian has yet to stumble here.

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They really have other developers rocking in their heels, already making excuses for why their future games won't have the same quality. Publishers are just as much to blame however; a game like BG3 in the hands of EA or Ubisoft or even today's Blizzard would be an absolute mess of cosmetic dlc, microtransactions, online access required, whatever. None of these people believe in just putting out a good game that sells itself.

3. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard about the epilogue but what other content did they add?

4. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somehow, every character is now even MORE horny.

5. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there at least some build up to the horniness or is it still "Hey, you did a thing. Let's fuck a bunch!"?

The patch hit when I was a bit into Act 3 on my second playthrough, and I haven't kept up super well on my camp interactions this time around.

I have to say, I have been having a blast on my second go round. My bard playthrough was loads of fun, but combat could be really brutal. Now I have a Paladin (Paladin 6/Fighter 2/Sorcerer 4) and they just fucking SMASH everything. I'm still having fun from a role play perspective, but combat being a lot easier has definitely helped too. After completing my first playthrough, I was a lot less apprehensive about looking at guides, especially class guides, and have been a lot more experimental multiclassing and respeccing my characters. I think on my first playthrough, I only multiclassed Karlach for a few levels in Fighter to snag Action Surge. Now, everyone but Shadowheart has at one least on class added. I like casting the Heroes Feast buff on my party, so I'll probably keep her as is.

I'm around 200 hours in and I'm still loving the game. Thinking about my third playthrough already. I really liked having Jaheira as a monk, so maybe I'll do that next time. Super fun class.

6. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

There is a new difficulty mode that gives the big bads "legendary actions" that help resolve the fact that you can twist the action economy in to a complete shut down. There is also a setting that prevents you from save scumming, inventory improvements, performance improvements (esp Act 3). Orin's sexy clothes.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Anyone have any recommendations for a fun single player FPS for the PS5?

Looking for some meaningless fun, preferably sci-fi, and I'm usually way out of touch with games.

Just went through Aliens Fireteam Elite over Xmas... it wasn't bad, but meh.

Suggestions?

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Deathloop or Doom Eternal.

9. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kind of an oldie, but if you can snag Titanfall 2... Plays on ps5, might even be patched to run at 60fps if it doesn't already. Great game, great story for an FPS, made by the original creators of Call of Duty.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep, played that back in the day. Thanks!

Already done Doom Eternal (PC and Steamdeck). Fun game.

Never heard of Deathloop... I'll check it out.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Is the Steamdeck actually worth it?

12. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boy I'll tell you what!

It absolutely is. Do not purchase it with the intention of playing the latest and greatest in all their PC glory. But if you don't mind turning down your settings (bearable enough when the screen is only 800p), or simply have a massive backlog of older Steam games that you can now play anywhere, along with every older console you'll be able to emulate, then it's a no brainer.

It just so happens they put out a new model with some worthwhile upgrades, think of it as version 1.2. Get that, or snag a 1.0 cheap which will do the same job.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The appearance of it reminds me of Game Gear, which is what I am hesitant to pick it up. I don't mind turning down the settings, I have a great rig with a 3080 than handle that stuff. But good to hear on it.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I agree with this... it's a fun mobile platform that I quite enjoy.