Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Parker, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

No posts in a month; pretty uninteresting December I guess.

2. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

There is no NBA without Rose.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My team just suspended their starting center for no apparent reason and loses in overtime like it's their job. I don't have much to say.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're talking about Bynum and the Cavs, I think there was a reason behind it. Alot of times, with rumors like this, where there is smoke there is fire...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/andrew-bynum-suspended-banging-coachs-wife" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/ ... oachs-wife</a>

He's also kind of a malcontent so they didn't need much reason to get sick of his shit.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This. But I feel like I made this clear in earlier posts.

There really just nothing new. The East is a complete mess and the West is the exact same as it was. We're just waiting for the Pacers vs Heat, and whoever comes out in the West. Most likely OKC and San Antonio once again.

I don't fucking get why the Clippers got Doc Rivers and haven't gone on a streak. How big of a fucking upgrade is that? But there hasn't been THAT much a difference to note. Is he really that good of a coach?

Also unless some of the bench players for the Warriors get their shit together and the entire team can get some stops when they need them, they're just fodder for OKC or San Antonio.

This is entire season has been bad basketball unless you want to look for the little things like Anthony Davis, Oladipo and Trey Burke. Otherwise, you're just waiting for your team to get run into the grinder of the top 4 teams we know actually matter.

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

7. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cap space I believe. It gets the Lakers under the luxury tax and will stop them from getting repeat offender status. Staying out of that opens more trade exceptions I think.

8. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bynum isn't expected to play another minute, but he can be waived Jan 7 to free up 6 million in cap space. I've seen it figured that a deal for Gasol or pierce would save their old teams $20+ million. It could also get the Lakers under the tax line for repeater proposes. More likely the Cavs will just cut him themselves and try to use the cap space to pick up a smaller contact at the deadline that helps someone get under the tax. They won't take on anything but an expiring though because they seem to want room for a max contract this off-season.

9. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

Heh, I should've fully read the actual article I linked, since it says exactly what you're saying. I was just mad at the thought of Bynum getting his way after how much of a whiny, petulant bitch he's been.

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't really expecting that trade. I know the Bulls are cheap, but I expected them to try to dump a rotation player at the deadline to get under the tax.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its not even cheap, Deng was most likely going to leave this summer anyways with the emergence of Jimmy Butler and the Bulls desire to get younger, so you managed to get a first rounder and 2 second rounders for him, plus potentially jump up in the draft next year if the Cavs keep doing Cavs stuff. Now the Bulls will likely continue tanking and pick up a top 10 pick of their own, plus a pick in the teens from the Bobcats. Unfortunately the Kings still suck this year so they won't have the third first rounder, but I think they could creep up into playoff contention next year, or at least out of the bottom 10, which could get the Bulls a pick in the 11-15 range next year.

ESPN graded it a C, but I think that was due to the lottery protected nature of the pick and the uncertain results at the moment. They bought themselves some financial flexibility, especially if they now amnesty Boozer, and give themselves the ability to rebuild really quick.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it weird that after all this time I have no emotional attachment to Deng even though he's been a great player for us all these years? He left, and I was like "Oh those stats are gone, that really sucks." If a number of other players left, I'd be emotionally crushed.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that's a byproduct of the collective shock of the Bulls fanbase realizing that Luol Deng was the sticking point that prevented a trade bringing Kobe to Chicago in 2007. Also cause he's kind of a faceless star. Doesn't play with a ton of emotion, doesn't have much of a personality.

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

I'm flabberghasted by how bad the Wolves are at the end of games. It's not even that they're bad defensively and don't get stops; their offensive possessions are just as bad. Their last four possessions tonight, when they were up by four with 1:15, went miss, turnover, turnover, bad shot miss to end the game. They're now 0-10 in 4 point or less games. I just don't understand how a team can continually fall apart at the end of games like they do.

15. littlefoot789

littlefoot789
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

[​IMG]

I'm so sorry

16. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

*Not playin

17. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

::Walks in, looks around::

Oh, so Derrick Rose isn't back yet? Ok, I'll check in again around six months or so.

::Walks out::

18. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why would you even worry about him when the Jimmer show just rolled into Chicago, Mormon-style?

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm irrationally excited for Jimmer. I mean, it is so goddamn fun to say Jimmer. I can't wait to see what Stacey King does with him.

20. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We know you are Bill. You talk about it all the time.