Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2nd Annual Christmas & New Years Drunk Thread 2010! NSFW

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I always find it amazing that shooters don't hit more people when they go on shooting sprees. You always hear about the guy who fired 100 rounds and wounded 4 people. People must be shitty shots or something. If you gave me a gun with 10 shots and a crowd, I guarantee I'd score at least 7 dead, 3 wounded.

2. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Double post.

3. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No kidding.

I read a report that said she tried to confront him and calm him down or something, which means there was a period of time (at least a short window) where someone else could have stepped in and maybe he would have only got off two shots instead of fifteen.

Thank god our crazy people suck at shooting stuff.

4. twopy

twopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So like...

Too soon?

Attached Files:

5. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eyewitness reported that someone, either police or bystanders, returned fire on the guy. Except he didn't get hit. At all. Even once.

What?

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FYI, a 9mm Glock usually has a 12-15 round capacity, depending on the clip.

It is easy to unload an entire clip in a few seconds.

I would imagine that the guy was so hyped on adrenaline and fear and crazy that he had no capability to aim... he just pointed in the general direction and kept pulling the trigger until it wouldn't go any more.

I heard a shooting from half a block away in Vancouver one night. I was in my apartment and heard 12 shots fired over about 20 seconds. The result? 1 round grazed someone's leg. I wish thugs would take more pride in their work and learn how to use the tools of the trade.

And yeah, it's a semi-automatic handgun, not an automatic weapon. But most reporters are idiots, and get even simple stories wrong more often than not. Any time they have to report on specifics of a subject matter they know nothing about, like auto racing, or firearms, or anything else for that matter, they are looking for words that make them sound like they know what they're talking about and they're in a rush to get it done and out before the other guys.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not surprising. Again, it's adrenaline, and fear. Unless you train for that, odds are you're going to go into flight mode when someone shoots at you. That's the natural response.

In order to effectively overcome that response, you need training and practise.

It is VERY unnatural to pull a gun and shoot back at someone who is actively shooting at you.

And don't tell me that the cops have that training. Most cops can't shoot for shit, and have issues passing yearly qualifications. Not all, but most. I compete in handguns around here, and when we were training for the Summer Games, we invited the RCMP out to shoot with us for some friendly competition.

We were using Olympic sized targets, which are substantially smaller than the typical human silhouettes you normally see. Half of these guys could barely hit the target, never mind score well on it. They stopped coming out because we'd hand their ass to them all the time. Except for one guy on the tactical team... he rocked, and loved the competition.

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is all far too serious for the drunk thread.

I am on my fourth rye IPA homebrew watching what has turned into a much more interesting wildcard game than was expected.

And my girlfriend is acting as "beer wench" with a skimpy outfit on. I win.

9. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This may be crazy, but I kind of prefer when they don't hit anybody.

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really would love for this to be non-political, and unrelated to healthcare, immigration, or any similar issue, but I wouldn't bet on it. I really hope we're not the sort of country that settle our political disagreements with the business end of a gun.

Edit: Looking at the Youtube channel, we might be lucky enough to avoid it. This kid appears to be garden-variety crazy.

11. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unless they're shooting at other thugs. Then they can hit each other all they want.

12. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

Agree.

Also, this game is great, but what's with the color announcer and his lisp? Someone tell him to remove the cock from his mouth.

13. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This whole shooting thing has turned into a cluster fuck on comment sites.

He was a teabagger!
    Palin caused this!

Then info on him comes out, he is 22 (common age for schizophrenia to manifest) and then someone finds his you tube account, and his writings are just like that of a schizophrenic. Disjointed sentences with meaning only to him. The poor guy was crazy, and needed help.

Why can't people remember the lyrics from that old Postal Service song:

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I kind of prefer that they hit who they're aiming at instead of the others in the crowd.

And speaking of crazy, time to go have a bowl or two of chili, a couple of beers, and watch American Psycho.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Ain't that the fucking truth. A few months back, some Keystone Kook chased a criminal into a residential neighbourhood where my best friend lived -in the middle of the day- and fired 16 shots at him running through backyards, never hitting his target but managing to hit an empty baby's crib amongst many other houses with kids in it. Does Mr. Magoo even get suspended or sent to traffic patrol? Nope. According to the monstrously retarded joke that is the law in this city, everything he did was hunky-dory.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He's no doubt a nut. He was talking about brainwashing an all kinds of ridiculous tripe, though I'm sure this is going to start yet ANOTHER boring tidal wave of red-blue mudslinging.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's Major League Baseball. They've got these sattelites, you see...

18. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like Philalawyer's take on the whole thing.

[​IMG]

19. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On a lighter note, flu farts could peel the paint off a battleship

20. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucker. My laptop screen is speckled with soup due to a laughing/choke. Funny.

Well I'm not full blown sick but I still feel bleh. I can stay home huddled under a blanket or I can walk up the hill and party with my friends at their "move in" party. I think a bottle Pussers 15 year will make me feel juuuuuust right.

It was a cure all for a long time so why not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.