Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2nd Annual Christmas & New Years Drunk Thread 2010! NSFW

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should be ashamed of yourself. Starting so late...tsk tsk.

2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish I could say I would be the hero, but I know that I would simply freeze. I am not the type to go into quick action, once I process the info I am good at keeping my cool in a crisis, but at crunch time I will be the deer in the headlights.

So, is there anything to this hot toddy thing as a cure for the cold. Nothing else is working, so may as well try it as drunk Scotsmen can't be wrong, huh? And what exactly is a hot toddy anyway. Time for my old pal google.

3. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shame on me, what was I thinking?

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me too. And I keep coming up with the same answer: shoot back.

When the congresswoman was running for office, immigration reform was part of her campaign agenda. Not saying this was necessarily the reason, but you're going to piss people off on one side or the other when you take a public stand on such an issue.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope it wasnt an AR15.

Also, I don't think it would be that hard to hit dozens of people with a single clip from a pistol. I always imagine that it be like those nightmares you have where everything slows down and you're paralyzed with fear and with out a doubt you get hit or the monster bites your head off. As much as Id like to think Id be heroic, Id probably shit and piss myself and play dead.

6. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where'd you see this? From what I heard, she's still in surgery.

I find it hard to believe it wasn't either politically motivated or some lunatic looking for his 15 minutes. They had an eyewitness on CNN that said he heard she was shot point blank and then the guy started firing at the crowd.

Fucking A

7. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Me and a mate at work came up with an autoerotic asphyxiation based game show. Is the world ready for 'Celebrity Strangle Wank'? I'd like to think so.

One round would involve the contestant having to beat one out whilst being choked unconscious by a random celebrity-if they can shoot their bolt before passing out, they win the prize.

Another round that we named 'Suicide Blonde' would involve the contestant having a dog collar placed around their neck, which is slowly reeled in by some kind of automatic pully system. They are dragged past tables that have different items on, such as stockings, a basque, high heels etc, and they have to get into all the items before they are pulled up off the floor and against a mock up hotel room door.

We're still in the negotiations phase of things.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fox News (what, I'm at work...) said that she's now resposive to the doctors. I guess that could be anything from eye movement to talking.

9. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If an eyewitness says that he heard something happened, he's not really an eyewitness, is he?

Notwithstanding this, the human body has a remarkable capacity to not die when shot as long as you get into surgery quickly enough. I've heard of people who have been shot through the heart, gotten into hospital and given a heart transplant, and managed to survive.

10. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Washington Post said she was in surgery but was responsive immediately after the shooting. They also said the weapon was a Glock.

11. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Edit 2: Confirmation has been given that she died, of course, from being shot in the head.

ZOMBIE!!!!!

12. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Especially if the guy is white.

13. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, all the news agencies said she was dead for about 20 minutes, but then said she was in critical condition. And I guess it makes some sense that it was a glock, easily concealed, but he must've had a great shot to hit her in the head and wound/kill 12 others after only shooting 15-ish times.

14. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the hell going on in here?

#4834 Nitwit, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

NBC is saying federal judge John Roll is among the six killed, as well as a 9-month-old child. Christ. This guy's going to get a needle.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If he shot her at pointblank range then he didn't need to be a good shot. Fuck the dude couldn't even kill her shooting point blank IN THE HEAD. But this is some truly fucked up shit.

17. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're counting 18 people wounded or killed. Eighteen. With a Glock pistol. In broad daylight. With a United States Congresswoman and a federal judge in attendance. How does that happen?

18. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was reported that he was approximately 4 feet away when he shot her and if people in the crowd are standing close together... no you don't have to be a great shot, you just have to pull the trigger.

CBS just interrupted and had a live thingy with the surgeon. She is alive and the Dr. said he was "very optimistic" for her recovery.

If a bullet ripped completely through my brain, I'm not sure I'd want to live. You can't come out of something like that without loss.

19. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All this killing people talk is killing my buzz.

Just started The Big Lebowski.

[​IMG]

Happy Saturday afternoon everyone.

20. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My sympathies go out to everyone involved in this incident, but why the hell do people always refer to them as "automatic weapons"? It doesn't matter if it's a revolver, a semi auto pistol, or a shotgun, these assholes always mention "automatic weapons" for the sensationalism.

Edit: grammar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.