Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2nd Annual Christmas & New Years Drunk Thread 2010! NSFW

Discussion in 'Weekly Drunk Threads' started by Blue Dog, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aww, that must be exhausting.

Fucking love that movie.

2. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

We bout to get drunk off pancakes!

#4802 Sleeves, Jan 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

MARK IT ZERO

4. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I wasn't planning on watching that movie today, but plans change.

This is my other plan for the rest of the day:

[​IMG]

5. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, they got the gunman. But holy shit is right!! 12 others were shot in addition to her. What the hell did she do to piss someone off enough to shoot 12 people and a Congresswoman??

7. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

King crab legs: check
    Ribs, chicken, salmon: check
    Assorted beer/drinks: check
    Playoff football: check
    A large group of friends to watch the game with: check
    A shitload of new snow that forced me to break down and buy new tires: unfortunately check (but its a lot of fun to drive in now!!)

This has all the makings of a great night. The only problem I face is which team to cheer for in the late game. Brees went to Purdue so the early game is easy. But I hate both the Colts and the Jets, the Jets are in the same division as my beloved Dolphins and the Colts used to be....Fuck it I'll just get drunk before the last game and talk smack about both.

Enjoy God's gift to mankind everyone!! (football, and by extension the playoffs even if they did screw with the overtime rules)

8. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's what makes me think this wasn't politically motivated. Dude probably just needed a crowd.

But if it was politically motivated be prepared to hear about this list from Sarah Palin:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/sarah...d-get-organized-take-back-the-20/373854973434

For the next several weeks.

EDIT: Just so it's clear I'm not making a political statement. I am just telling you what I think the media will be harping on.

9. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

News says the dude was spraying bullets aimlessly and just happened to hit her, so you're probably right. Just wanted a big crowd to shoot at. Fucking people in this country, what the hell?

Edit: There's got to be video of the event. I mean a congress-person just doesn't go speak and meet people in a public place without it being documented. Also, video surveillance from the the parking lot cam or something.

Edit 2: Confirmation has been given that she died, of course, from being shot in the head.

10. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking eh. That is almost worse to me, because I can at least grasp the political stuff. I have no frame of reference for someone just wanting to shoot people for the fun of it like that.

And you're right. Zapruder film 2.0 here we go.

11. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Diablo, any report on what type of weapon the dude was using?

12. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not yet, but one has to imagine it was an automatic weapon. I mean, you don't get off enough rounds to hit 13 people shooting a handgun, you'd need to reload and stuff. They say he got off 12-15 shots before he was tackled by bystanders.

Update. Guy ran up, yelled something, and then started shooting. The cops started shooting back, hit him, and then some people jumped on top of him. And they say that a kid was killed. Fucking a.

13. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I always wonder: when faced with a situation like this, what would I do? Some nutball opens fire on a crowd that I'm standing in, and in that millisecond the day goes from mundane and average to instantly having to react in a way that protects your life. Do you have the reflexes to run? Do you find someplace to hide, if possible? Do you strap on some balls and tackle the son of a bitch? Worse, do you stand there stunned doing nothing?

That poor woman. What a terrible thing to have happen.

14. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After the Virginia Tech shooting I thought a lot about this in college when I would get bored in class.

I bet my response would be the last one with the add on of pissing my pants.

I wish I could say I would be a big ol' bad ass, but I have never had a loaded gun pointed at me maliciously or otherwise, so I bet it would take my brain a good 2-3 seconds to process that shit.

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Interesting fact: there have been FBI agents found dead after shootouts with empty casings in their pockets. Why? Because when they would train with their pistols, they would start picking up the empty casings on the ground and put them in their pockets to throw out once they were off the range. Even in life and death situations, habits and training take over from what you would think is the rational course of action.

Which tells you a lot about what the likely course of action of most people is in reaction to life or death situations.

16. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Yeah, this is what gets me, too. I'd probably freeze, only because it would take awhile for the penny to drop and for me to realize that this was actually happening and that it was a loaded gun. I don't think I'd feel fear; I think it would happen too quickly for that. I'd be all shakey and pukey after it was over, but I think I'd be completely blank while it was happening.

17. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have to be able to assess the situation in a split second. 99% of people would run and hide, but there should always be that 1% who would have that "no way you're gonna kill me or anyone else" state of mind. I've been around guns enough to almost be desensitized by them. I've never had them pointed at my face, but I have enough where-with-all to know that if they were, I would do everything in my power to make them point somewhere else.

I would like to believe that I would be one of those 1% seeing that I have military and weapons training, but I just don't know, and hope to never find out.

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2 pm isn't too early to start drinking is it?

19. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Man, this is the wrong place for that question.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Damn I hope she makes it, how terrible. Probably some crazy whack job along the lines of:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.