Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2014 Winter Olympics Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by mekka, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Those Olympics were a fucking massacre. USA won everything. They were the first Olympics I remember. That Chinese kid landing the rings with a broken leg perfectly. THAT shit was manly.

2. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

The Sochi Olympics sure are strict...
    [​IMG]

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Russians are the world's only living heart donours. Now they put a Standing Kill order on any stray dogs seen in Sochi to "clean it up". Or have they bumped it up to homosexuals now too? There goes figure skating.

Could somebody please describe the bottom right one? Is the rule "Please to sit on a piss-and-bacteria festooned floor and drink booze"?

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No one really cares about mens figure skating anyway.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#45 Misanthropic, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure that bottom right one is meant to signify "No Philip Seymour Hoffman-ing".

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I actually thought he was holding a grenade.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was great to see the head of the company and his comments to clarify that he's a idiot piece of shit...

Yeah, cause most Olympics are disrupted by rabid stray dogs tackling athletes on the slope.

But wait, there is more...
    Oh good, at least he's sympathetic to the situation. Not to mention many strays in Sochi have become that way cause they are abandoned when their owners can't afford to keep them. Fucking Russia man, what a shithole.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As backwards as it is in Russia, stray dogs running onto ski slopes seems pretty tame.

10. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

A stray T-80 running onto the slopes would pretty much only be fatal to the skier, and it's probably more likely.

The Greeks did a similar stray-dog cull just before the '04 Summer games - somewhere in the neighborhood of 15,000 of them.

11. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Clearly you haven't been watching World's Dumbest. Frank Stallone would have no problem believing it could happen in Russia.

Speaking of shitholes...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2014/02/04/journalists-at-sochi-are-live-tweeting-their-hilarious-and-gross-hotel-experiences/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... periences/</a>

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If it wasnt for the insanely hot women that Russia produces, I would dream of a day when it could be replaced on the globe by a gigantic, smouldering hole. Fix the entire mess via scorched earth.

That. Country. Sucks. They would be better off with Vincent Cassel's character in Eastern Promises as their president.

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know its been shown before, but in Russia, this is considered classy. If there's one experience people want to share with each other, its taking a dump.

[​IMG]

14. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also the majority of hotels are unfinished, missing beds, sheets, basic things I would think. Also most of the water in the hotels is the color of aged piss, 59 BILLION dollars well spent Russia. I am sure 80% of that went to the Mob.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The country should have a gigantic toilet seat fitted over top of it.

16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So not to be an ass, but does anyone here remember the Miracle On Ice? I really wish I could've been around for that. My dad who was living in Arkansas at the time, and had no exposure to winter sports let alone hockey, remembers it vividly. He said it was all that people make it out to be.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

IN SOVIET RUSSIA, SHOWER CAMERA WATCHES YOU.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Just to clarify something, back in 2000 I worked on Calgary for a few month and the company I worked for put us up the the Olympic village condos for lodging. The same condos the athletes, trainers etc. stayed in for the 1988 games. These places were incredible. They were huge two-bedroom two-bath apartments in the shadow of that monstrous ski jump tower, with a view of the city and mountains worth more than my soul. A lot of people would kill to live in a place like that, they were beautiful.

Looking at Sochi 26 tears into the future and the constant bullshit happening there even before the games begin, all I can think is how can any country on the planet represent themselves so horribly?. I mean, Russia is a fucking disgrace for the way everything has gone so far, and the opening ceremonies aren't for twenty more minutes!

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its unreal, but not completely unexpected. Any of these countries where organized crime runs rampant and likely controls much of the contracting and construction industry, you're going to have these gaps where there is no accountability. I mean, Russia is crumbling as a country and outside of Moscow, you don't see alot of new and exciting architecture or development occurring, so why would people think it would be any different in a time stretched push to develop a massive infrastructure? I worry the same about Rio in a few years, but with the added element of massive crime. It will be interesting to see how the World Cup goes, but at least thats just in existing stadiums.

For all the BS about switching it to winter and air conditioned stadiums, I have more faith in Qatar for the World Cup in 8 years than I do in Russia for these Olympics or Rio, cause at least the money is there and the Middle East has a proven track record of engineering marvels and success when money is no object.

Considering fucking Russia has the World Cup in 4 years as well, I think we can look forward to more bullshit. You'd like to think this would incite some sort of change in location selection, but considering the IOC is the most corrupt global organization on the planet (probably getting weekly payments right now to look the other way at this disaster) and Sepp Blatter's corrupt fat ass is going to start another term controlling FIFA, I wont hold my breath.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

IOC and FIFA are an abomination of corruption. Nothing shows your love for global togetherness like holding your events in countries run by the most oppressive, sociopathic goons alive.