Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

SNOW DAY!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Jan 10, 2011.

1. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Irritated. I literally wore a sleeveless, short dress Saturday night with highs around 75 degrees. Now we might get sleet/ice tomorrow? Fuck you, winter! I am ready for spring.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I guess getting drill-raped with the worst snow storm since 1977 wasn't enough for my corner of Canada. Now starting Wednesday we're welcoming "Snowmageddon 2", which won't be as long but just as intense. Pop some Cris' and put on your conversation hat because it's party time.

Can you all say "FUCKING SICK OF WINTER"?

3. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck, I need to run to the liquer store. Can we do a "weekday snowed in with nothing better to do" drunk thread?

4. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seconded, I'm probably taking tomorrow off instead of Thursday so I don't have to deal with this bullshit. Though I probably won't have much to offer in the was of drunk fun until later in the day since I'll be studying.

Edit- Yup, taking tomorrow off. Unfortunately I left one of my books in the office... oops.

5. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So my wife's boss told her she had a $60 limit for a hotel room. I texted her back "fuck that cheap fucker. My wife isn't sleeping at the 'Cum Stain Motel.' We'll eat the costs of a better hotel room."

She hasn't gotten back to me, so she is either busy or angry that I texted her profanity while she is working. Either way, she needs to get the fuck back to me so I can book SOMETHING for her before hotels fill up.

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If there are two of them, by my calculations that is $120 per night if they bunk up.

Yep, we have SN-OMG (the annoying "name" given so far by newscasters) coming our way with a blizzard warning already in affect 24 hours before the snow starts falling. Now, when I worked at a hospital I totally understood why I had to be at work and if I needed to pack a bag and head in before the snow hit to spend the night there if I needed to, that was fine. Never missed a day due to snow. However, I now work in a doctors office. And I don't really think that either I, nor my patient's, should risk life and limb to get an annual prostrate exam and refill on their Flomax so am going to be fucking pissed off if they don't close up the office early. Even the diagnostic places called before noon today to let us know that they have already closed doors for the next couple of days based on nothing but the forecast.

7. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I second this as well. I made my stop at the liquor store this afternoon. All of the school districts are closed in the area tomorrow and I'm hoping my university will also be closed.

8. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck. I don't wanna lose electricity, but I don't wanna go to work tomorrow either. My mind has already scheduled tomorrow as a day off, so going into work is going to take a fucking herculean effort if everything goes better than expected.

I'm in the middle of Oklahoma and right now we are getting this weird frozen rain that I have never really seen before.

Not hail. Not snow. Not sleet. Just itty-bitty pieces of ice. Ice flakes.

Strange. Strange to me anyway.

9. ThunderDrunk

ThunderDrunk
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

In the bar at the moment, in the office at 9am tomorrow. Can't see shit outside and I'll have to saddle up the tauntaun to hit the subway in the morning. Pussys.

Love, Chicago.

10. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They did NOT cancel my kids' school today, which is very surprising. I'm expecting early dismissal. I'm also expecting it to be canceled tomorrow.

My wife has to work at the hospital tonight, which sucks donkey dick.

Funny though: People at her work always say to her, "Did you bring an overnight bag?" My wife always says, "No, I brought my Expedition. I'll be going home, thanks." It's amazing how a bunch of New Englanders panic during a storm.

11. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup, no school cancellations here either... Tomorrow will likely be a different story altogether, though. Projected forecast is for between 10-15 inches.

When the local school by my office is cancelled, we get to work from home that day. While I wish when school got cancelled it meant that I could just laze about my house , at least I won't have to deal with all the shitty drivers tomorrow.

Also, real New Englanders don't panic that much. When I lived in Vermont during my high school years, waking up to a foot of snow just meant I had to leave the house a little earlier to get to classes on time. I think I had maybe a single snow day the entire time I was there.

12. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

School and work cancelled today! Yay.

My friends are getting married this weekend. I think they're retarded. If it ever snows/ices here it's in February. This shitty ice coating the city could easily have happened on their wedding day. I would've waited until March just in case.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is an ongoing countdown until the Snowpocalypse hits Chicago. Man, I don't have a job or shit to do so a Snowmageddon means nothing to me. Especially since I have a Target and Jewel-Osco within two blocks of me. Radiator heat, and chances are electricity won't go down. It just needs to hit already, people cannot fucking wait.

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm waiting for it to hit myself. Stuck at school now, and won't be leaving here until 12:20, which is awesome as the snow is supposed to start hitting down here between noon and 1 today.

Wife got a hotel room tonight near work, too, so I'll be home alone tonight, probably sadly getting drunk and playing video games and/or watching movies to pass the time. I also need to charge my Nintendo DS so that I have something to play if the power goes out, because god forbid I be bored for 20 minutes.

Taking a snow day tomorrow. Even if they don't close my school (which they likely will), I won't be coming to class. Sleeping in tomorrow, and then getting up to drink more and watch more snow and play more video games, pending we still have power.

It is going to be an interesting couple of days.

15. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good luck up there. They just changed our forecast from high winds and possible sleet to higher winds and possible snow. Just going to get the southern tip of this storm

16. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

University is closed, it's 18 degrees outside with a windchill of 0, and the roads are covered in ice. Will whoever left the door to Canada open please shut it?

17. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why are you complaining about this? Unless of course the power goes out, then I feel your pain. But seriously a weeknight alone where you can play video games and fuck off should be cherished.

18. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because I really want to finish playing through Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, but that game can make me feel kind of nausious. At the same time, Bionic Commando Rearmed is supposed to be out today on the Playstation Network, and I'll likely want to pick that up and have a go at it, too.

Lots to do over the next day or two.

The only real problem is a personal and psychological one: namely, I am a worrier who is going to be worried about my wife getting to her hotel and worrying about having to clear the driveway before going to class on Thursday morning, if we have class Thursday morning (please, God, let the lake-effect snow go late into Wednesday night so I don't have class Thursday morning). That will involve waking up at around 4:30 AM so I can get out the snow-thrower and clear my giant fucking driveway, so that I have enough time to drive my ass up to school.

19. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They didn't cancel school in my neck of the woods which was stupid. Now they're releasing the rug rats early so parents need to scuttle home after making a trek to work to be home for when their kids arrive. Ridiculous.

I'm annoyed because I had to come to work today and sat behind school buses going 15mph in a 50mph zone. The customer that didn't want to postpone a meeting today is going to get a nice 10% fuck-yourself tax whenever they eventually buy something for this headache.

After a month straight of all sorts of precipitation I've decided that icy mush is the worst stuff to drive in hands down. Since it clumps up and you can see patches of pavement people think they can just drive their normal speed... until they hit a berm of it and go off the road or have to stop on it on a hill.

Ice mush doesn't give a fuck about your winter tires, AWD, 4WD, traction control, etc. It's the worst shit to drive in.

20. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! They did the exact same thing here. Kids are getting out at 1:45.

In other news, I just bought the world's baddest motherfucking snow shovel ever at Home Depot. The bottom is 15" across.

If Shaq had a snow shovel, this would be it. If Chuck Norris was a snow shovel, this would be it. It's fucking hard core, yo.

Attached Files: