Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I've completely stopped pretending to give a fuck about things that I don't care about and don't effect me at work.

Rant: It's gotten me in a lot of trouble. I bombed a test because I did not do any of the course work or study at all because it is completely irrelevant to my job or anything I'll ever have to know but it's a standard part of advancing your career in the Air Force for some reason. I've also been open about how I do not give a fuck about this course which is apparently a really bad look since I have to go meet with the commander and from what I hear he isn't happy. Not that it matters, I've been getting yelled at a lot recently, but I just don't care anymore.

2. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After a few years of the same, I've updated the look of my blog a bit. I like it. It was long overdue.

Rant: My thumb isn't yet fully healed. I wonder was it one hell of a bruise or did I fracture something?

Rave: Brought my mini-fridge into the sales team's new work area, tucked it away so we can fill it with beer per my boss' suggestion.

Rant: He doesn't understand, despite the research I've done in the past it's more likely I'll pull a rabbit out my ass than get the information he wants this week (unless I spend a month on it).

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave My nieces are healthy and doing well. My sister in law lost a bit of blood, but they stabilized her and she's recovering normally now. I think people don't realize how serious of a surgery a C section is.

Its funny though, after one night with the girls, my brother is already complaining about being tired. I don't think he understands what being tired is yet. I'll give him a month and see how he feels, see what he thinks being tired is like.

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Locked .pdf's. Cant copy and paste to google translator. I got half of it done, i think i might have the other half. Chinesse symbols look to similar, and i dont nothing about them to know if they are the same or not.

5. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: It is my birthday!!!

Rant: Last year I bragged on my weight loss and sadly I put a chunk of that back on. I am back on the path of righteousness, but each year older makes that a slightly more uphill battle.

Super Mega-Rave: Some of that weight gain, was because I spent last year living, breathing, and sleeping getting the sales function in this start-up off of the ground. Apparently the universe . . . having a sense of balance . . . decided that my birthday was the day in which our company would finally close not one, but two significant opportunities with Fortune 15 companies. In one day we basically just matched our 4th quarter revenue and these aren't even the largest deals we are tracking for the quarter.

6. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

YES. Just bought these. Iggulden writes great historical fiction and I guess I haven't checked to see if he put anything out recently... apparently he has. Wars of the Roses is book 1 in a new series, and the other one is book 5 in his Caesar series. I thought book 4 was kind of dumb, but I have high hopes for this one now that Julius is dead and out of the way. And as I'm sure I've said before, his series on Genghis Khan is fucking awesome and you should go read it right now.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Some customers are fucking terrible, and they were all in the restaurant tonight. 40 of them, complete with screaming children. They called 10 minutes before landing on us 1.5 hours before closing, with me being the only server. They told me what they wanted to drink and then got impatient when my ringing up a shitton of food and drinks took too long, swore to the bartender that they hadn't told me what they wanted, reordered and paid at the bar, and didn't know whose beer it was when I got it out to them. We had to throw out 10 beers. Literally, 10 beers. We also closed more than an hour late. Fuck these people.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My heat decided to stop working last night. At least it waited until AFTER the sub-zero temperatures we've had around here.

Rave: One of my best friends is an HVAC tech and will come and fix me up for some beer and candied bacon that I made.

9. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Heading to Austin this weekend to celebrate my daughter's birthday and Family Weekend at her school. Tomorrow, I'm baking a Mississippi Mud Cake for her birthday, and Saturday we're taking her and her friends to some Korean restaurant they can't seem to get enough of.

Rant: On Monday, I have an appointment with the oral surgeon to put the implant in. He already gave me my Rxs since I have to take a bucket full of antibiotics before hand, and I noticed he upped the painkillers from 5.0 mg to 7.5 mg, so I suppose he's anticipating more discomfort than I had after the pummeling and extraction of the tooth.

Double-rant: Since I had the tooth extracted in December and now I'm on a new dental insurance plan, they have a clause whereas they won't cover an implant on a previous extraction.

10. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: this photo does it for me on so many levels. 11/10.
    A whole new world!

Attached Files:

11. mav_ian

mav_ian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

^^Amen brother.

Rant: Feel like absolute shit, and it maybe has something to do with the barrage of carbon-monoxide-y smoke for the past week.

Rave: Hopefully I harden the fuck up by the time I get on the bus for my mate's bucks party.

12. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant : Supposed to drive to Grand Rapids today but the roads and weather look terrible the entire way. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be making this drive entirely on a sheet of ice, likely with snow blowing around me everywhere. To make it worse, I'll be getting there when their snow and wind is at it's peak of shittyness. Fuck fuck fuck.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: Diatomaceous earth and boiling water. These fireants don't stand a chance!

Ps my feet are really itchy right now.

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

rant: Holy shit, one of the dudes I coach with stinks. Like, horrid B.O. How does no one else smell this? There are four of us in this room and it didn't stink til the 4th guy came in. How can a grown man not realize how fucking awful he smells? If you need me, I'll be sleeping in the bathtub.

Rant: Just want to sleep, but these guys are intent on staying up til 9 in the morning. There are other rooms for them to hang out in, but they insist on being in here. God damn... Stuck in a stinky room, with stinky people. Why the fuck am I here?

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: The range yesterday was awesome. It turns out I am not a terrible shot, either. I can consistently hit targets at 200+ yards, standing up, with the iron sights on my Mosin. I kept psyching myself out in weeks previous because I'd set up my target at 25-50 yards and practice precision, but the way it was explained to me, if you can get good grouping on a tiny target up close, that is very similar to hitting a bigger target much farther away.

16. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Both cribs are built, room is ready, stroller has been purchased, and the wife is planning her attack on baby clothes as we speak. We have this shit locked down, at least until the twins are actually born. After that I imagine we just play catch up for 18 years or so.

RANT: I just about cold-cocked my doctor today. Been seeing him for a few months now since my old doctor moved. First time I've been in for a physical since he took me on as a patient. He flat out refused to give me a prostate exam. He claims, and I quote, "You're too young (29) to be worried about prostate cancer." I couldn't even process the sheer amount of stupid I'd just heard. I've never had a to threaten a man into sticking several fingers up my ass before. Never in a million years did I think I'd find myself in that particular scenario. Long story short, I didn't get that part of the exam done, and his ass will be on the firing line for this bullshit.

Too young to worry about cancer. Get fucked.

17. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

MEGA SUPER ULTRA RAVE: We just bought our dream house.

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant: Why the fuck didn't I just stay dead when I had the chance?

Rave: I met my niece's 60 year old "Boyfriend". I asked him if he had a granddaughter he could set me up with. Everyone present was horrified.
    I got my point across without hitting anyone in the face.

19. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Do svidaniya, Winter Games.

Rave: I can officially cross "Asian" off my sexual bucket list after this weekend. Flew down to Tallahassee to meet a ladyfriend from Hong Kong on her first visit to the US - best weekend trip I've ever made. And I got to get the fuck out of DFW for a change.

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Had a great time in Austin this weekend. We took our daughter and some her friends out for her birthday to a Korean restaurant they all love--a real hole in the wall with great food. I had squid and beef in a nice spicy sauce that blew me away and had me wishing I had tried Korean sooner.

The Mississippi Mud Cake I made was a big hit, but with an icing made with 2 lbs. of confectioner's sugar, how could it not?

Austin is still weird as ever and just a great city! And my youngest who is 2 years away from college really liked the UT campus.