Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant? Rave?: had a ridiculous bender of a weekend. Woke up without my wallet, phone, or house keys, but according to my email I booked a flight interstate for next week, so I've got that going for me, I guess.

2. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Amazing weather-induced 4 day weekend coming to an end.

Rave: Drunk. And Playstation Plus membership has given me a dearth of free games to play. There are so many games coming out early this year that I want (Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD, Final Fantasy XIII-3, Dark Souls 2, Infamous: Second Son, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2), and I need to play them all this summer.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Dislocated my shoulder playing hockey last night, I played the next two periods with it partially dislocated. I finally completely popped it back in when I was back after the game taking a shower. Nothing wakes you up like excruciating pain.

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: My phone has been going downhill over the past month and I am replacing it today.

Rant/Rave: I made a stupid mistake with a miter saw last night and my thumb will be out of commission for a few days, but isn't hurt too bad. Could have been worse.

Rave: My personal CPA (girlfriend) has done most of my taxes and is predicting a pretty nice return for me this year.

5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    The Husband told his mom that we lost the baby over the weekend.
    And so she says to him...
    "I'm so sorry to hear that. That's terrible. I never got to buy you the iPad 3 I wanted to get you and I still have the money for it...let me send that to you"

Because A GODDAMN IPAD THREE MAKES UP FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR FIRST CHILD.
    Just completely makes that all better.
    You insensitive, superficial, shallow, money hungry cunt. You have zero concept of compassion or socially acceptable behavior.

I am so very grateful she didn't say that to me. It wouldn't have been received well. At all.

6. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rave: Happiness is having artsy friends who are not only willing, but excited to attend the ballet with you.

Rave: Lunar New Year on Friday. The aunts are cooking a feast. There are rumours of a hot pot. Holy crap, hot pot.

Mini rant: Another 10-15 cms of snow coming on Saturday. I actually have nowhere else to shovel it. We might have to bring it into the house and melt it down the sink bucket-by-bucket.

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: On the heels of all the good stuff, I just found out that my great uncle is dying. And yes, he's super old and he's been really sick, but it's still really sad. He's on life support and probably won't make it to the weekend. He is the last one left of his generation and I know he's ready to go, but it still really sucks a lot.

8. iamduffy

iamduffy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: Fucked up my knee at work
    RANT: No health insurance because my boss has been taking his sweet ass time in getting me signed up with the company's insurance
    RANT: Now I'm sitting at home instead of at work making money
    ravish: vodka is helping with the pain and ice is helping with the swelling

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: sister had her baby- a 10lb 5oz boy. For those of you keeping track at home, that makes 9 neices and nephew for me (1 on the way).

Pressure to have a baby of my own? Less than zero.

10. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My fucking cell phone broke two days ago, and Sprint could not fix it. Being the fucktards they are, they told me I had two options, one was pay a $150 deductible on my insurance to get a refurbished phone, and the other was to go into some other plan that allowed me to upgrade early, and cost me $20 a month. I am 62 days from the end of my contract. They would not bump the renew date up. Luckily one of my friends had a phone he said I could borrow for two months. This phone is a Palm Pre. I feel like it is 2008, and I need to open a Myspace account back up.

Rave: it has a built in mirror to make taking pictures of myself way easier and sexier. I am going to upload them to my Myspace page.

Rant: Getting excited about a phone from 2008 must make me a hipster.

11. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Rant & Rave Thread

RAVE: Interviewed for a promotion yesterday, got an informal offer today. Still turning wrenches but it's a step in the right direction.

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Our daughter has just started saying mama.

Daughter: mamamamamama mama
    Wife: Say mama again.
    Daughter: DA.

Our daughter has done this a few times, i laugh every time.

13. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I am going to see Jenny Lewis, in Asheville, on May 8! I am not as big on her solo material as I am the Rilo Kiley stuff, but I am still very excited. These next two months will drag.

Rant: I hate my job and am so ready for a career change. My first semester of grad school has started out okay, but I hate having to do the work. Then again, it has taken my mind off of my job and my boring life, at least a little bit. My professors seem to like me, too, but it'll be interesting to see if that lasts.

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I'm tired of being sick. Had a fever Wednesday, been stuffed up, coughing, and barely able to breathe since then. Now the fever, which went away Thursday morning, has decided to come back and fuck me. And of course all of this when I can't leave the damn house to see a doctor or get away from my kid, so I don't make her sick.

To the basement, I guess.

15. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: See you Idiots in a few weeks, I'm off to Sydney for a few days then to New Zealand to play cricket for the Air Force. It's a hard life.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: That super awesome moment when you spend upwards of 2 hours with a SUPER attractive girl vibing like mad, only to have her get drunk and find out 1) she's only 21 and 2) your mutual friend who dated her for a month or two FIVE FUCKING YEARS ago would rather you not pursue her cause its uncomfortable for him, and as of now, he's the only contact point between you two.

RAVE:Verbally cockslapping the shit out of a dude at the bar in a suit coat in jeans who told aforementioned girl that "since I'm so immersed in work and its associated rituals, I just feel more confident and calm in a sport coat, even in jeans." Said dude had just turned 25 and bragged about telling some girl who he didnt want to date anymore that she had "hit his stop loss point." I love financial markets and still resisted the urge to break a glass on and around his facial area.

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant I really don't like my brother in law. And I don't mean he's a dick or I find him annoying or something like that. He's a whiney little pussy who's awkward and is the most boring person I ever met. I sincerely hope he and my sister don't procreate. If they do, I'm totally going to ignore those offspring for as long as I can. I'm sure those kids are going to be so weird.

18. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Looks like I'll be turning 27 in Europe... A couple of my good friends moved to London, so I'm going to go visit them and hopefully travel around Europe a little but in April. I haven't done any travelling in a few years, this should be fun!

19. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I really wish I could interact with people without immediately afterward being crushed by metric tons of self-doubt and an overwhelming sense of inadequacy. It makes life pretty shitty especially when it exacerbates my insane neediness. PLEASE LIKE ME OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD PLEASE OH PLEASE I'M SO COOL I SWEAR!

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Sick daughter. Poor girl woke up at 3 am with a 101 fever, then got so upset when I tried to put her back in bed at 5 that she threw up. Needless to say I haven't slept much and am now waiting to call her doctors office as soon as they open at 8.

Oh, and I had to call off with no sub plans in place, so I emailed some stuff to some other teachers and now I'm praying it gets there. Fuck.