Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:
    [​IMG]

2. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: icemageddon was overhyped.
    Rant: I want to send our broker an envelope of dog shit.
    Rave: thanksgiving with The Husband.

3. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Rant:
    Just last week my dog was running out to the mailbox with me, now he's suffering from kidney failure and can't even walk. Hug your pets, everyone.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Always awesome to learn that the ambiguous breakup you just had 2-3 weeks ago was because she started seeing someone else. And not just anybody, but her overbearing guy friend who is 10 years older than her and would constantly text her while we would be on dates, hanging out, etc... He was always "just a friend" but he gave me a terrible vibe. Congrats on taking advantage whenever you would be privvy to our problems. And M, fuck you for being the first girl I gave a shit about in over 2 years and then turning out to be an immature brat who thinks that she did nothing wrong. This shit is emotionally taxing.

RAVE: Fuck, idk, the One Direction album is actually really good and I don't give a fuck if people judge me for that opinion. Good pop music is good pop music

5. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Rant & Rave Thread

Rant: Fuck all of you who have successfully bought property. Right in the eye. If I ever close on this house I will never buy another again, at least not one that has to be financed.

6. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The lack of respect that some people have for those who do jobs that they themselves are too cowardly to do blows my fucking mind. Go fuck yourselves.

7. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rant: Yesterday was my first day back at work after maternity leave.

Rave: It's kind of nice not to have a small person hanging on me 24/7.

Rant: Work hasn't changed a bit, same people starting the same crap.

Rave: I only work 5 1/2 hours a day, so it's definitely bearable. The insurance alone is worth it...

Rant: I wrote out 3 checks today related to delivery: $817, $555, and $34. I still owe the hospital $750 plus there are still charges pending insurance. Having kids ain't cheap folks, especially when you figure in a 6 day NICU stay. Our hospital stay alone, before insurance, was $51,000. That's not counting surgery or any lab work or procedures.

Rave: Baby A is healthy and doing well. His big sister seems to like him (most of the time.)

8. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant. Stuck in Atlanta with an hour and a half delay.
    Rave. World War Z book to pass the time.
    Rave. And a belly full of scotch.
    Rave. Hopefully get to see my nephew for the first time all year.

9. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fuck you Kid President. Fuck anyone who watches, links, shares, posts, and/or feels anything other than "what the fuck am I watching" when viewing his stupid videos. I don't need platitudes offered to me by a kid making funny noises and doing stupid dance moves in a suit. That doesn't inspire me to lead a better life. It isn't heartwarming. It is just annoying.

10. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just got home from Inter-service cricket and although we didn't win the tournament we beat Army and Navy once each and missed out on the final because of points. The closest tournament in years.

Rant: Ten minutes after leaving this morning my windscreen got hit with a stone and cracked and then when I got home I found some gutless prick had left his paint marks on my tail light where he had clipped it and not left his details.

Rave: Got selected for the squad to head over to New Zealand and play cricket for two weeks. It's a good job to get paid to go away and play sport.

11. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: I don't live in the states. Fuck That.

12. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My great grandma who turned 100 in August just passed away today. She had over 50 great-grandkids and lovingly spoiled each of us. It made visits great.

Rave: Her health had been going downhill for a few years and it was her time. Most importantly she was happy 'til the end. She didn't recognize me the last time I saw her but the interaction was hilarious. I introduced her to my girlfriend and she perks up and said "Well, it's ABOUT TIME you got one!" with a big smile.

13. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:

This exchange just happened with my manager and I while technically doing admin work:

Roxanne: So just hear me out here...
    Manager: Oh hell, what now?
    Roxanne: I'm just saying, I was on Amazon and...$35.
    Manager: For what?
    Roxanne: BUBBLE MACHINE!
    Manager: *sigh* Yes, you can buy a bubble machine.

I love my job.

14. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: New job is going great. I'm scared shitless every day. I've spent the last 12 years working my way from a very junior designer to, IMO a competent project architect. This new job is with a small firm where I was hired with the intent to succeed my boss. It's looking like I will be doing so much less drawing and designing than at my last job. I've been working on a proposal for a nice commercial ADA renovation and my boss told me today that he's afraid to have me be the project architect as he feels he wouldn't be able to pull me into other jobs and opportunities. We might hire another person to do the work and allow me to continue development and just manage projects.

I know I can do it, but it's a challenging new role. I haven't been in this position professionally in many years and it feels great.

I am waking up everyday and just looking in the mirror and saying, "Fake it 'til you make it." Regardless of my experience, there is so much I haven't done and there is a lot of stuff that I'm learning as I go. My boss thankfully knows this and is very cool and I feel like I've found another mentor for this next phase of my career. He told me he hired me not only because my career choices and experience lined me up very well for what he needed but because he feels my biggest strength is my ability and willingness to learn/be taught. This job, regardless of how long it lasts will set me up nicely in the profession, which is a brutal profession. Architecture is not a path I'd recommend to anybody. I'm thankful that I've made a career out of design and even more thankful that I'm surviving and thriving in it. I probably make a shit-ton more money if I chose to do so many other things, but I truly like what I do and regardless of the last handful of bad economic years, I've maintained employment and have kept learning and progressing. So many others haven't been as fortunate.

BIGGEST RAVE: I have no vested ownership yet as those discussions will happen in the next 3-6 months but I was hired in as a Principal. We went to some association dinner event last Friday so I could meet a handful of clients and potential clients. He introduced me to everyone as his newly hired partner as he's 5 or so years from retirement.

TL/DR: RAVE: Being challenged professionally for the first time in ages at my great new job. This is truly a life changing opportunity.

15. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: For the next 10 hours, I'm making $140k a year. I love double pay, you keep your shitty family gatherings.

16. crazy asian

crazy asian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: frank turner was so good at terminal 5 yesterday, me and a few friends are taking a trip to Philly for his show tomorrow night.

Rant: cracked ribs on both sides in the moshpit. I'm just kidding, this is hardly a rant, I love it. Also I took a boot to the eye but didn't get a black eye

17. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Rant:
    My dog didn't make it through the night. Now I get to go to work. Fucking great.

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I appreciate the kindness here. Sometimes this place isn't so bad after all.

Rave/rant: Had a great time with family and friends this week, but now it's back to work.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

War Damn Eagle.

20. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: What he said!!!