Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am not nearly as smart or clever as I thought I was when I got out of bed this morning.

2. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Last day with my current job. I've been working with my boss in this small residential architecture practice for 7 years. This move I know hurts him and it's very difficult to leave. We've done some great work together and I've learned a ton.

RAVE: New job starts on Monday back in Maryland where my wife and I want to end up. Great opportunity that I can't pass up as a principal of this small practice where I will be able to do work I'm comfortable with along with learning a complete different aspect of the profession. I'm going to be learning forensic architecture. It's in the state I'm licensed along with having lots of family and friends still there. Very exciting and terrifying.

TERRIBLE RANT: On Friday, I'm taking our cat in to be put to sleep. My wife has had him since 1998 and he was at least 4 years old at the time she got him. I've been with her 8 years and he's been a pretty great cat. The last two years have been rougher on him and age is taking its toll. It's time. Sad, but time. We've been talking to our 3 1/2 year old about Moglie going to heaven soon and all that. Good friends of ours just moved to Atlanta with their two boys that were close to my daughter. She misses them. We're also uprooting her soon to move back up to Maryland. Add this to the mix. I know she's so young and won't hopefully remember a lot of the craziness that's happening now, but this is tough times. A lot of great things happening, but tough times.

3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Date last night didn't go as well as it could have.

Rant: Stomach bug.

Rave: Two days off because of stomach bug.

Rave: Cricket trials Sunday and two weeks off work to play.

4. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Didn't get the job. Stuck doing menial shit for the foreseeable future.

MAJOR RAVE: Closed on the house this morning. All utilities transferred over, homestead exemption filed, signed, sealed, delivered , it's mine.

minor rant: still living in the Great Livingston Parish...literally 5 minutes from EBR parish, so close enough that I'm not in the heart of trailer parks and meth labs. anyone from or familiar with Louisiana would understand.

5. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: It’s the wenches birthday today, I bought her one of those Nespresso espresso machines, she didn’t like it and wasn’t shy about it. I said “Well take a good look at it because it’s the last birthday present I’ll ever be getting you.” Then things got emotional.

She’s fucking spoiled and has everything she wants or needs, and this was the last fucking straw, over the years I have given her handmade diamond earrings - “I would have preferred studs”

A laptop – “What am I going to use that for”

A large gift voucher for a trendy women’s gym gear shop - “Put a lot of thought into that didn’t you”

Spoiled bitch doesn’t get birthday presents anymore. Was going to take her out for dinner tonight, was.

Fucking fuming, vent over.

6. CarbonCopy

CarbonCopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Going to Angola next week for work. I am legitimately scared. Not really sure how to deal with it. The company is doing a lot to keep me safe, but I am going somewhere that needs a security detail and tons of precautions. If I make it back, it will probably be fun to talk about, but damn.

7. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: From a frequent lurker but infrequent poster, thanks to all the ladies for the Boobie Thread updates.

8. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Really? I'm the first one to post on this thread since Friday morning?

Rave: Brother got married today - I officially have a sister-in-law.

9. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: there's something mildly depressing about going out on a date with a gorgeous woman who's reasonably into you and discovering that you aren't all that interested in her. In related news, I'm probably more judgmental than is good for me. The topic strayed from movies to books: "Oh, I don't really read books, I like magazines for the pictures".

... hmm.

Say what you will about net dating, at least you can screen for literacy.

10. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I have had the worst bout of sciatica of my natural life. Not being able to walk and pissing in a jug for a week was not pleasant.

Rant: Drugs in Europe are complete shit in comparison to drugs in America. I would have happily been in a weeklong coma had this happened in Colorado instead of a backwards Spanish island. But no matter. This at least made me look to alternative means to fix the problem instead of being in a drug haze

Rave: Went to a physiotherapist today who made some adjustments and worked on my back. Fucker has magic in his hands because I am approaching almost human in feeling now

Rant: Spoilered for length and marital bullshit. This is just for me to type out in public. Read at your own risk.

You ever wake up in the morning and realize that you're married to someone you don't know? Yeah, me neither until last week. Laid up in pain and unable to walk or put on my own fucking underwear without assistance, my wife decides it best to go on an alcoholic bender and stay out until 6 a.m. with some guy she met at a bar. Had her phone and money stolen. This wouldn't be a big deal except it isn't the first time something like this has happened. It has to be the 5th or 6th. I'm not one for ultimatums but I made one. Me or your bottle. I've tried everything I can. I've moved countries twice, removed all external stress from her life including the need to work. Talked, reasoned, cajoled, supported ad naseum. Now we're on the precipice. I no longer trust her. I love her. In my own sickness there is a part of me that is still attracted to her but I don't want to be around her and I don't want to ever have to depend on her again. Thinking on sending her back to England just to have the space to think clearly and then using that to end it. I don't want to be a divorcée. I don't want to be without a partner in crime. But I also don't want to feel like this and any more words that sound like "This won't happen again" just don't ring true anymore. Saying all of this feels like a lifted weight and that is telling enough on its own...

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Attended a great wedding over the weekend, lot of friends in town, beautiful venue, just an overall good set up.

RANT: The whole perpetuated idea of weddings being a good place to meet women is load of nonsense. At least so far in my 20s. In the last 2-3 years, Ive been to 6 friend weddings and 2 family weddings, and only 1 had single women to talk to, and naturally was also attended by a girl I'd recently finished talking to, so there wasn't exactly a freedom. And I'm not talking a lack of attractive women, I mean no single girls period. The bride on Saturday was a member of the dance team at an SEC school and a bunch of her teammates were in attendance, ALL with dates or husbands/bfs. Just fucking absurd.

12. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    RAVE: Parents are away on a cruise until Friday.

RANT: That means no air-conditioning again for this summer. That makes it now at least 4 summers with no air-con at all. Our last unit broke and we had to replace the window it was in (all the apartments in this building are sectional title and it was a decision taken by the majority of residents to change out the windows and frames because other people had not looked after theirs so no choice and it was lounge window and both bedrooms and the whole building had to be the same pattern of window - cost about $3500 for us). We have to buy new AC units and would only be able to get split units due to it being an apartment and also because of the new window frames, we wouldn't want to fit the box-type. It's about 23 degrees Celsius (too lazy to look that up for Fahrenheit - maybe like 80?) at night and exceptionally humid because it keeps fucking raining at night and minimum 30 during the day (pushing 100) with the associated humidity due to the nightly rain.

It's now 5.15 am as I am typing this and I am already sweating. Fucksakes.

RANT: I have had a total of 3 hours sleep in the last 2 days. I've never been able to get to sleep early (and struggle to stay asleep at the best of times because I will not resort to drug-assisted sleep) and the damn cats keep bugging me for attention when I am trying to sleep - they're both only a year old now so they don't sleep all that much - usually 9 to 12 hours a day dozing and they wake up at *every* noise or movement. Since my parents aren't here, they only have me to bug. I'll also be getting them (the cats) when my parents go for their annual holiday in the Drakensberg right after Christmas.

tl;dr: Please shoot me in the fucking face. Thanks.

13. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Looked up and got in touch with a drop dead gorgeous woman I used to know in my home town. Sometime between then and now she turned into an insufferable, mindless, religious zealot without a shred of self-reflection or critical thinking who posts dozens of insipid Christian memes on Facebook - the kind where little Janie's parents die in a murder-suicide but Jesus is there when she hides behind the couch to tell her to have faith in him or something (because the Lord of all creation can't think of a better way to drive the point home).

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RANT: Rain. Lots and lots of rain.

RANT: Fuckstick drivers who forgot that water does fall from the sky. I hate people.

RAVE: Big iced mocha.

15. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Rant: Been sick as a fucking dog since Sunday. Haven't kept anything down, basically sat around with a fever sweating my ass off. Neat.
    Rave?: Finished reading the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher. I know a couple of you have mentioned him because of his work on the Dresden Files, and this series is pretty good. Apparently he only wrote it on some kind of bet where he was challenged to write a series on two inane things, so he picked the Roman legions and...Pokemon. The only bad thing? His insistence on writing "X character says/said:" instead of just letting the story flow. Really? I have to be directed otherwise I won't know who said what through the normal course of reading a conversation? Truly an inexcusable error by whoever the editor was, but otherwise a good read.

16. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My best friend just got engaged. I knew about this for at least a month, I had the ring at my place just so his gf would accidentally find it.

Rant: He says it is going to be a destination wedding. Why the fuck do people do this? So now i have to spend at least 1K a person to go to YOUR wedding, FFS.

17. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Aaaaand my sleep schedule is fucked for the rest of the week.

18. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, Comcast. How are you? Doing well? I hope so. Unfortunately, I'm not. See, I have internet service through you in the form of a TV/Internet bundle. When I ordered it, I specifically said that I didn't want to hold on to the cable box because I already have a contract with DirecTV. You sent your cable box anyway. Three times, actually. Why? Because I've had to send them back to you. Also three times. You continue to send them to me after repeated assurances that it wouldn't happen again. Like clockwork, I got another letter from you this month. You profusely apologized for not sending me a TV box in accordance with the bundle I purchased. I called for the fourth time in four months. While the 4th different person was sympathetic, there was nothing he could do, as the billing department was closed for the evening.

This afternoon, I spoke to a billing rep while I was at work. After another assurance that I wouldn't be sent a cable box I didn't want, I asked for an account credit for repeated call backs and equipment returns. After all, you offer that $20 credit as a backhanded apology for your continued screwups. Sadly, while my persistent issue wasn't a technical one, there was something you could offer me.

Three free months of HBO.

19. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- paint peeling dog farts.

20. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rave: Found: 1 small jar of desk nutella and 1 spoon.

Rant: Left my lunch on the kitchen counter today, so it looks like I'm having nutella for lunch.