Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Goddamnit...

2. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave about 1 am this morning a very nice looking young lady wrote her phone number on a napkin handed it to me and said she expected to hear from me once we closed.

Rant a few minutes later she closes out her tab and stiffs us.

3. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave/Rant: 1000 pages of people having awesome or shitty lives. Cheers TiB!

4. crazy asian

crazy asian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Dressing up to go out makes me feel like a real girl. I'm still wearing converse but, you know, whatever. There's pink involved in my outfit SO THERE.

Rave: Going to a going away party of someone I'm not particularly fond of to watch two roommates fight over him on his last night. Good times seem guaranteed.

5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant. I'm grumpy.

Rave. New ink! It's done! When I'm at a computer I'll share.

6. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Obviously. People love to bitch.

RAVE: Great Motogp race today from Barcelona.
    Lorenzo won after a tough battle with Pedrosa. Spies would've been competitive if he hadn't slipped off the track into the gravel - he did manage 10th though. Dovizioso was 3rd on a privateer bike and Stoner was well off Pedrosa and Lorenzo in 4th, but was close to Dovizioso.

RAVE: Danny Welbeck's 1st goal for England yesterday, and it was a well-taken one.
    England beat the Belgians 1-0.

RANT: Sharks got stomped in the rugby.

RAVE: Haven't even bothered watching that this season.

RAVE for myself? I started doing pushups at home 2 weeks ago and am starting to notice I have better upper body strength already. I'm no good at lifting weights - my shoulders always want to cave in - so I figured this would be a good way to start, right? Another bonus is I have a bit less pain in my spine now, so that's a plus.

7. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

rant: broke up with girlfriend of 3 years

rant/rave: I'm single. I've been single 3 out of the last 8 years; basically dated girls from 16-18, got to enjoy a couple years of college singledom, then I've been in the same relationship 21 - now.

rant: I have no idea what to do, besides shower and go to work tomorrow.

rave: I decided amid all this shit that I am going to leave the country for a while. Haven't taken a day off in almost 7 months so I have plenty vacation hours accrued. Hopefully I can figure out a way to go to Florida and visit my brother, then fly to Ireland to visit a friend, then Sweden to visit some friends, then who even knows. I don't plan on actually booking hotels or having an itinerary. I figure I couldn't afford to study abroad or do one of those post college drug addled backpacking trips through Europe, might as well do it now since I have money to burn.

rant: still confused over being single. This will suck for quite some time.

8. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Did Justin Bieber really say the word "swag" like 50 times in his new song, or is that one of my fever dreams? This shit has gone too far.

9. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: 4 hours of crappy sleep is insufficient. Everything is blurry and my eyelids feel like sandpaper. There ain't enough coffee in the world to fix this shit.

Oh, and I bashed a barbell into my ass repeatedly this morning. My midget arms were not meant for hack squats.

10. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Rave: Angel complaining about her misadventures in weight land warms the cockles of my heart.
    Rave: Job interview for what seems to be a very interesting position on wednesday. Time to brush off the ol' suit.

11. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Just so you know, I know that you are sucking up to me, and not just being nice. However, I like it so keep fucking doing it. Oh, and thanks for waxing my truck.

12. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Had a great weekend in KC. I slept in on Saturday, ate leftover BBQ for breakfast and lunch (turns out they got Okie Joe's, which is some damn tasty stuff), and spent three hours at Cabela's before the wedding. Short ceremony, fun reception, and I had a really good time with my girlfriend.

Rave: New fishing reel + a pile of new chisels and carving tools + everything on sale = big smiles here.

Rant: Fuck I am tired. Dragging at work today.

13. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: lots of support and words of encouragement (exclusively from tibbettes actually). Thank you all, I am proud to be part of this random internet community of incredible, sincere people. You guys are awesome.

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Cruisin. Just straight cruisin. My calendar is full with work/play/projects but I don't really mind.

Rant: Some fuck face dumped a young female cat in the woods where I hike.

Rave: Have been feeding the cat in her sweet hollowed out tree apartment for the last three days. Local feline rescue woman is going to go get her today. Real sweet friendly cat, hope she gets a good home.

Rant: Despite the overcast day yesterday I burned the fuck out of my upper arms. It's the burn that scratches more than anything else.

15. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So my wife took a chunk out of her day yesterday to make this pasta bake dish that's basically a lasagna but with penne instead of the normal lasagna noodles. She then took a bunch of it and put it in tupperware containers for me to bring to work for lunch. I was sooo looking forward to lunch today...

... until someone actually went into the fridge and stole my lunch, tupperware and all. It's just gone. Someone stole my fucking homemade lunch. Fuck people.

16. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just found what I think is the empty container back in the fridge. So yeah, I didn't misplace it, someone ate my lunch. On the 15th floor of a law firm. Fucking incredible.

On the plus side, awesome wife remains awesome and assures me there's plenty more. So, you know, life's generally going pretty good.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: Worked out so hard these past 2 days that I woke up this morning and couldn't move.

Rave: but I'm getting into shape!

18. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Yeah, I went home with the two girls that hopped into my cab Saturday night. No, I didn't pull off a three way and No, I didn't wake up next to the skinnier attractive one.

19. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave?: Octomom booked a stripping gig at the local den of iniquity that is T's Lounge. The filthiest shithole that ever was shat from The Devil's shitter. I love it when West Palm gets national attention. Thank you CNN: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/04/showbiz/octuplets-mom-stripping/index.html?hpt=hp_t3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/04/showbiz/o ... ?hpt=hp_t3</a>

Goddammit. I might go. This is going to be a freakshow. Whether I mean the customers or the act is still to be decided.

20. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I hope she's ok, but laughing at this girl's misfortune put me in a lot better mood. In other news, I might be going to hell.

[​IMG]

Link just in case: http://fatpita.net/?i=15325