Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Working all day today at the office. Lame.

2. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Here is my four page spread in the most recent issue of Boxing Monthly. In the United States, we have RING Magazine, in the UK they have Boxing Monthly. BM has wider circulation, a better staff of writers, better management, and best of all, better pay.

My article was sandwiched by pieces from Ron Borges and Graham Houston, two guys whose experience totals into the fifty years combined. Borges particularly is someone whose work I have always enjoyed thoroughly and it is a real honor to be featured in a publication alongside him.

The feature was on Timothy Bradley, who fights Manny Pacquiao on June 9th on HBO-PPV. I interviewed him prior to the fight and also used quotes from an interview I did with him while he was in litigation with his old promoter last summer that never went to print.

I like Bradley's chances against Pacquiao better than any recent opponent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rant: One of my childhood favorites, Johnny Tapia, passed away at 45. Some say it is amazing he made it this far given the tumultuous nature of his life (was pronounced dead 4x previously and lived, saw his mother murdered in front of his eyes as a young child), but it is still tragic nonetheless. Gutted I never got to meet Tapia and tell him how much I enjoyed his fights with Danny Romero and Paulie Ayala as well as his general nature and fighting spirit. Rest in paradise, champ.

3. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ravt? Didn't sleep last night too busy having visions of trhe Red Bull Battlegrounds going on behind my eyelids

Rave: Apparently I'm the only one who had no lag in the final games. I had it in the Stephano/Squirtle match though. Weird.

Related Rave: Promoted in SC2

Rant: Just had three comments based on how I'm addicted to a video game again.

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant :
    Two days is not nearly long enough.
    Rave:
    It is, however, long enough to get engaged.
    Bigger rave:
    We aren't doing a THING. It will be so low key it will be damn near insane.
    Biggest rave:
    I got to pick my own damn ring. It's perfect.

Other rant:
    EVERYONE seems to think they get a weigh in on a prenup. Go fuck yourself. I'm not marrying you. I'm marrying him. It'll be what he and I determine is best for US.

5. Slivers

Slivers
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Ah, school ended two weeks ago, left my apartment and am back home... unfortunately.

Rave: Because I don't have to pay rent, I can finally have a little spending money for myself. Now that it's summer and I'm still in the process of looking for a second job, i'm having trouble deciding between buying a Xbox360 or ps3 to play in my spare time.

Rave: Besides the above, I am also looking to find some new hobbies, ie... Making videos and maybe signing up for a boxing gym. Pretty stoked about both to be completely honest, way out of the norm for me.

Rave: Currently in a competition with a friend, this next month will consist of two-a-days and dieting/just plain eating healthy. Hopefully going to be pretty shredded by the end of it.

Rant: Very little drinking, if any.

6. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave STILL enjoying school!

Rave/Rant About to start the rebuild on my Saab Viggen. Can't wait to get it back on the road, wouldn't mind not paying for it.

Rant Pregnant fiance. Sex makes her more nauseous. From 3x a day to 1x every 3 days (maybe). Pent. Up. Frustration. . . . I just can't be mad because it's really not her fault.

7. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Seriously, fuck scalpers. Some asshole is trying to sell two $90.00 Jason Aldean/ Luke Bryan tickets for $700. I'm seriously considering meeting up with him in some secluded parking lot under the guise of actually buying these tickets for his retarded $700 asking price, then just beat the living fuck out of him and take those tickets. And probably some money out of his wallet for my trouble, and gas money to drive there.

Fucking assholes are one step above child molesters.

8. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Birthday

Rant: Since I know so few people, going out alone to celebrate, meaning I have to drive myself home, aka no fun.

9. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Did the party bus thing yesterday with some friends for a birthday party. It was fun, and good to see some people I haven't seen in a while.

Rant Paying for the hangover.

Rant On top of this hangover, my upper back/lower back has been in miserable pain all day and for the last week. This sucks.

10. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Went camping for the weekend in the new RTT. It was awesome.
    [​IMG]
    Can't wait to get out there again.

11. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Redneck penthouses! What will they think of next?

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Redneck penthouse outhouses.

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: It's raining. I love the sound of it at night.

14. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: $20 and no more squatting in the bushes. Takes something away from the camping experience though.
    [​IMG]

15. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave-

Just got back from a phenomenal week-long vacation in Maui.

Rant-

Unfortunately, my white Russian skin couldn't escape a few burns along the way, even with regular sunblock use.

16. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: Air conditioning is broken in the entire building. My office is registering at 86 degrees.

[​IMG]

17. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Rant: Work idiocy as soon as I walk through the freaking door irritates me. It's like some people saved up the stupid from the day off and unloaded it as soon as they walked in.
    Rave:

The full Radiant Silvergun soundtrack? At least my crap day will have epic music accompaniment.

#14357 FreeCorps, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  18. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Today is my son's first day at his babysitters. The gf is fine, and I am the one that was an anxious wreck. He's been with us for his 4 months.

19. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT = Broken toe. Fucker hurts.

But, RAVE = I was able to walk today, so I got some fantastic pictures of the sunset at the Templo de Debod. Also, had a delicious chocolate milkshake at this fifties style diner around the corner. Tapas are yummy, but man, do I love milkshakes.

? = I'm headed home tomorrow. On one hand, I miss everything that is home: my family, my friends, my job, my car, phone service, a variety of beers, free drink refills. On the other, Madrid is pretty awesome. I like it almost as much as I liked Dublin. It hasn't rained a drop since I've been here. This apartment is sweet. Whatever. It's time to go home.

20. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: To the fucking morons that call their insurance company 3 times a week, because they have nothing better to do:
    STOP CALLING!!! Go get a hobby!! Do you fucktards call your electric company 3 times a week? How about your cell phone service provider? Do you understand that every single time your name shows up on the caller ID the whole fucking office cringes?! No, you are not providing job security, because you aren't buying anything. Quit being annoying!

Rave: Alcohol makes me feel better.