Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: High tomorrow is supposed to be 19. Roads are already shitty and icy. I'm calling in sick to work!

2. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Haven't been snowboarding in 3 years. Prior to that, I've gone every year for the past 10 years. Tomorrow's the day I go shred some untouched motherfuckin mountainesk.

-Dusted off the board, got her all waxed & squared away.
    -Forecast is sunny with high of 26F and 12 inches of fresh snow.
    -Packed a couple PB&J's, pizza, chips & beer.
    -iPod fully charged.

Bonus Rave: Lift tickets are only $7 (instead of $60).

Jacked.

3. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just snagged a ticket over to Maui for early tomorrow morning to spend a long weekend with all the old friends before school starts back up on Monday. Haven't seen most of them since I was over there last Halloween, so I couldn't be more excited. Nothing like a carefree weekend of surf, bbqing, booze, and some of the finest weed most of you will never see, before heading into a fresh, and very daunting, semester of school.

Rant: Cheapest flight I could find wasn't cheap at all, and I have to leave the house at 5:15 tomorrow morning and I don't get back until about 11 Sunday night. Oh well, any second I can spend on Maui and off this dreaded rock (Oahu) will be cherished.

4. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant I had a Saudi eat at my bar for what might be the tenth time in a fucking row. Why am I so pissed about this? Because every single one - EVERY SINGLE ONE - pays with exact change. No tip, ever, for any fucking drink or meal they sit down for, and at this point I am about ready to scream. Seriously, if another fucking Saudi comes into my bar I'm not going to grin and bear it, I'm not going to say good evening or anything else that would warrant good service, I'm gonna fucking scream, alright? I'm gonna scream and probably punch them in their fucking face. I'm not going to pretend that their stiffing me in a $65 tab is going to mean that I can't pay my electrical bill this month or that they're the only people coming in to my bar after the holidays and I'm going in to work for no other reason than to get jacked off by these dark skinned hairy ass fractured english speaking motherfuckers. No, I'm going to literally fucking scream, and chase their dumb asses back to the dessert.

Different customs? Different culture? Different country? You can fuck off with your bullshit, you panty waist mouth breathing douchebag. You move to MY country you better fucking learn MY goddamn customs, understand? In fact, that's what I did today. When assface #12 ate at my bar this week and stiffed me after I poured him three rounds and fed him a two course meal, that was enough to me to look this jackass right in the eye and explain how we do things here. We tip people, asshole. You don't know how much? Then ask. Seriously, fucking ask. You can say hello and "red label," can't you? Don't try and tell me you can't say the words, "How much do you tip?" in my native language.

And yeah, try and tell me your english is "not that great." Yeah, you think? I didn't know that until you pointed that out for me, moron. My God, I swear to Christ, these dipshits are coming in in droves, ruining my night day after day, and if it happens one more time I'm going to turn them away. So help me god, I will tell a goddamn Saudi that he's not welcome at my bar. Xenophobia all you want, I am running these bitches out, FOR GOOD until they fucking learn to tip like a regular fucking American. Christ almighty, I can feel my heart beating in my toenail right now I'm so fucking pissed... Jesus God.

I'm done. End rant.

5. flacco

flacco
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant That shit over here costs us $6

6. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

7. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant:FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!! Okay now that that's out of the way. Getting phone calls from women who may, or may not be pregnant, and then asking me if I did it on purpose, is not cool. You're not even sure! Why the fuck are you telling me about this shit without even having all the details, is beyond me. Even if you are pregnant, there is no guarantee that it's mine. It's entirely too easy for you to do this shit to me from 1500 miles away. This is not what I needed at this point in my life. My day is fucked already, at least I'll have something to talk about at therapy this afternoon....

8. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Arizona was awesome! Was drunk from Wednesday till Monday, Packers beat the Cardinals, ate at in-n-out and jack in the box. Great weekend.

Rant: It's fucking 0 with a -25 windchill here right now. Tomorrows high is -5. Time to start job hunting elsewhere.

9. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: Restaurant week DC is back! Looks like SouWester in the Mandarin Oriental on Monday, Charlie Palmer's Steakhouse on Tuesday, and the Palm on Thursday.

Hey, if they guy who tends bar at Notti Bianchi is still here, shoot me a PM...I may try to get there for dinner on Friday or something.

10. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

rave: Just got back from visiting a friend from a festival up in manchester. Had an awesome time, drank myself stupid yet didn't get too drunk and spent 5 hours having one of the most in depth deep and meaningful conversations I've ever had with someone I've only met hours previous. It was scary how much she nailed me on my personality and traits. Real scary.
    Now I'm back home, a lot less hungover than I should be, my head infinitely clearer than it was 24 hours ago and generally feeling a lot better about everything.
    Got to go into work in an hour, but hopefully it won't be for long. Really can not be arsed with work tonight, don't want to have to deal with the ex and would much rather spend some quality time with the gf...
    Still, money is money.

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave- TX better represent the conference tonight.

12. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: 2010 is going to take a nice fat dump right in the middle of my chest right around February. Business went from being slow as fuck to nothing more than panicked ordering.

I like purchase orders. They make me happy. However I know that we're not equipped for this onslaught and shit will start being late 4 weeks from now and then my life becomes very unhappy as I start getting calls at 6AM and have to deal with a dozen complaint emails a day. At least things are looking up.

Rave: Adopting a dog (maybe two). I don't have the time for a puppy right now and I'd like to rescue a pooch. Found a couple beautiful Great Pyrenees mixed dogs between 8 months and 2 years old that are the front runners. One loves trucks and hiking so he's at the top of my list.

13. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I absolutly am madly in love with this woman. She is amazing and I would do anything for her!

Rant: Are you ever going to be completely mine? I know you love me but at what point do I say enough is enough. Have you even thought about leaving him for me....

14. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I have finally had a properly made Manhattan and I am in love.

I am now sitting in my apartment, alone, sick, yet I am still drinking them. They are sweet, bourbony, and at the bottom is a delicious cherry.

Rave 4.1 quake today.

15. Pap

Pap
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Playing online poker. Watching Law and Order:SVU. And watching it snow. Life is good.

Rant: Classes start on Monday.

Rave: It's my last semester for undergrad and only have 13 credits.

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: 10% raise at work. Yay!

Rave: Party tonight for the game. I'm not a Longhorn or a fan, but it should be fun!

17. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Picked up new car.

18. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I just got shit canned from work. Nothing says fun like being let go a week before your 3 month probation is up

Rant: I liked the job as well....

There is no rave...

19. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

........... Holy Crap!

So I'm sitting on my couch with Tex, waiting for the football game to come on, when there is a knock at the door. It is my best friend, who has just returned from an afternoon duck hunt.

Me: Hey dude, whats going on? How'd yall do?
    Him: DUDE YOU HAVE TO COME OUT TO MY TRUCK RIGHT NOW- I HAVE SOMETHING AWESOME TO SHOW YOU!
    Me: Man, you know I'm not drinking right now, I know your tricks.
    Him: DUDE I DO HAVE BEER, BUT ITS NOT THAT- COME SEE RIGHT NOW ITS AWESOME!

So I follow my excited friend out to his truck to see what is so awesome. He opens the passenger door, and on the floor mat is a Coors Light 12 pack box with the top ripped open.

Me: Come on man. I appreciate the offer, but I'm not drinking right now, you know that.
    Him: LOOK INSIDE THE BOX, DICKHEAD!

The interior of his truck was only dimly lit, but I thought I could make out the shape of a small guinea pig or something similar.

Me: What, did you get your girlfriend a pet? Cool man, buts whats so awesome about it?
    Him: WE CAUGHT SOME GODDAMN NUTRIA!

Apparently, while hunting, they shot a couple of nutria, and found some babies in the process. My friend has always wanted one as a pet ever since we saw a nature show (while drunk) where some guy had one that was domesticated and weighed like 60lbs.

Me: Holy shit man, cool! So you are going to raise it now?
    Him: FUCK YEAH, MAN! I'M KEEP AT LEAST ONE OF 'EM! THAT ONE IS NAMED "NUTTER" AND THE OTHER IS "PERCOLATOR"! HOW AWESOME ARE THOSE NAMES?
    Me: Dude, there is only one in that box.
    Him: ......................... FUCK!

He then spent the next 30 minutes cleaning out his (always completely filthy and full of trash and clutter) truck until he found lil' Percolator hiding under one of the back seats, while I stood in the background laughing my ass off. He is now bringing both of them home to his girlfriend as a "surprise". She asked him beforehand if it was another "bad surprise", because the last time he had a surprise for her, she came home to an alligator in the bathtub. I have a feeling she's not going to like this one any better.

Its fun to live here sometimes.

20. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Fanfuckingtastic, she says the "tests" came back postive. (She is a nurse and works at a hospital, may be feesible). Supposedly she has an appointment with the vacuum next week. Pray for me that she does, DO NOT to procreate with this one....