Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Vent:

Buried my father today. I've been doing pretty good the past few days, but my father's military burial today hit me really hard. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd have to bury him. He had a long, fulfilling life. I'll always miss him. I wish I could have had one last conversation with him. *Sigh

2. Jauntoclock

Jauntoclock
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: I had never seen it before tonight, but The Shawshank Redemption was fantastic. I haven't seen a movie that good in a while. Kind of a lame rave, but whatever. If you haven't seen the movie yet, do yourself the favor.

3. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: after waking up at 8:30am on Sunday to drink beer and watch UFC (awesome card incidentally, every fight was very entertaining), I had a couple of mates round to watch Bellator. We (I) didn't want to miss fights while BBQing, so we did this:

(Yes, my TV is probably older than some board members. Fuckers.)

Attached Files:

4. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MOTHER FUCKING RAVE: FIRST TAILGATE OF THE YEAR IN LESS THAN SIX DAYS! If you do not live in a place where you can tailgate conveniently move.

RAVE: The Irish have a decent preseason ranking that they can actually back up, and Mizzou seems poised to continue the upswing they have been on in the Gary Pinkle era. (BCS bowl for both schools? One can only hope!)

RANT: Thanks to my cock sucking douche nozzle of a former boss, I filed unemployment for the first time in my 28 years of life! It sucked, I really didn't want to do it, and of course I don't know if I'm approved yet. But I am FINALLY caught up, and even a little ahead of my child support, and I flat out refuse to get behind again. It's not fair to my little heathens, and I want to be able to get full time custody of them some day, and with Indiana family law being more man hating than an Alanis Morrisette album, if I want to have a chance I have to be able to prove that I am a better more stable choice for them, by a WIDE FUCKING MARGIN.

5. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Rifle training. I've done a fair amount of handgun work in the last two years, but I finally got a chance to do some combat rifle stuff!

6. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Brother in-law found dead in a hotel room all by himself.

Further Rant: No official COD for 12 weeks

Rant: Turns out every male in my wife's immediate family has problems with alcohol

Rant: Can't remember being this sad for another person in my life.

7. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: The feeling of relief when you wake up, roll over, check the time and realize that because it's only 4:30 AM, you don't need to get up yet.

Rant: How quickly said feeling of relief disappears when the building's fire alarm goes off 2 fucking minutes later.

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    Monday mornings at 525 a.m. can suck dirty goat ass.
    Rave:
    I have a job and I'm pretty decently paid to do it.
    Rant:
    FUCK YOU Facebook. It would be super awesome if one of your super awesome team people CALL ME BACK.

9. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After a week of insomnia, I slept for nine hours last night! All it took was a pot cookie. Screw Ambien.

Rave: The ex has calmed down some about the child support. He also agreed that it would be more stable for the kids for me to keep them more, as he has no license and is currently living with a friend an hours drive from here and the kids' school. He can see them on weekends, I still want him to see them. This is a huge relief to me, I am tired of them being shuffled around when they are with him. Last year they would miss school because he couldn't get them there. I'm not fucking around with that this year. I don't want my kids stressing over that.

Rave: Looks like my FAFSA went through, now waiting for the school to accept me...

10. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I made Rice Krispy treats last night and somehow messed them up. The only covered about 1/3 of the pan. Perhaps I made them too thick.

Rave: Still delicious.

11. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Who the hell uses a party bus on a Sunday night. The only way that is acceptable is if you have been partying in it since Saturday.

RAVE: It was a pretty damn good weekend.

12. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just got back last night from my buddy's bachelor party. I'm beginning to wonder why I didn't go to school at Appalachian State. The amount of hot girls up there is astounding.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to a day of relaxing and being sober, after spending a 72-hour period of doing and being anything but.

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Today fucking sucks. I'm ready to drink a Samuel Jackson and fight a nigga or two.

14. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Total value of ThinkGeek order: $64.93 American. DHL brokerage fee: $43.18 Canadian.

Suck a dick, DHL. Suck a dick.

15. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Mike and Ike's will make any horrible, no good, very bad day a better one. I promise.

[​IMG]

16. Drake

Drake
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT: While talking to a fellow board member it came to my attention I haven't visited TiB in over a year... where did the time go???

RAVE: Lots of reading material for the next couple of days...

17. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant & Rave Thread

Rave: I just won a $2000 scholarship based on an essay I wrote in 15 minutes on my iPhone.

18. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Holy fucking shit. I found out this morning that the hospital I work for is cutting 40 jobs and my department is one of those scheduled for cuts. I have no idea if I'm going to have a job by the end of the week. I'm scared shitless. There are NO other hospitals hiring at all in my field and they haven't been for several years. It was a miracle I got the job I'm in now.

The one small ray of hope is that my department is small, I am the only one working weekends and nights, and we are heading into our busiest time of year.

19. BeachBum21

BeachBum21
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT: Irene knocked out my power when it was still barely raining Saturday afternoon around 12:30 PM. Cue it being Monday at 3:00 PM and it still hasn't come back on. We also now have no hot water, so I am frantically scrambling for places to shower that have hot water every night. Last night was an hour and a half away on the U.S. Coast Guard base where The Boyfriend lives. Tonight...who the fuck knows.

Rant? Rave?: Classes started last week. Two I enjoy, two...the material just doesn't interest me. But we'll see if that changes throughout the semester.

RAVE: No more 14 hour days this week! Work didn't schedule me on the days I have class, so I get to do normal, 8 hour days of class or work. Thank god, because yawning through the last three hours of another shift is not what I want to be doing this week.

20. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From the "Why didn't I ever think of this?" file:

<a class="postlink" href="http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/2011/08/man_charged_with_shaving_sleep_1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/sp ... eep_1.html</a>

Look at the smile on his face? You know the officers processing him were hi-fiving him.