Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    It's hard to fart while walking.

RANT:
    It is unfortunately very easy to shart while walking.

That was the most uncomfortable, ass cheek-clenchingest half-mile I've ever walked.

2. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I love it when the boss fits the bill for lunch. I refuse to feel guilty about eating like a football player that has been starved for two weeks. Too bad I can't drink during lunchtime.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Even with our economy in the toilet and a crumbling infrastructure, other countries still want to be us.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Where the new threads be at?!

5. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: KIDS ARE BACK IN SCHOOL!!!!!

6. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: Head games. I don't like 'em and I refuse to play 'em.

Rave: Cottage tomorrow for a whole week. I shall think of you all fondly while I'm drinking my face off in the hot tub.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: After finally having someone to redo her whole bathroom because of water leaks and ensuing damage it was finaly finished this week. After my brother took a shower this morning a huge bubble formed on the ceiling of the floor below and sure enough another huge water leak from the new shower. This shit will never end.

8. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Over 160 hours of work over the last 3 weeks by the time I get done with this week.

9. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: (spoiler for work related nonsense)
    Today the sales office was a mess because we were finding out whether or not a large OEM of primary processing equipment had chosen us as their supplier for automation. Long story short, they did not. The contract went to a Stateside importer/assembler of a European brand. I had nothing to do with the deal as it was being handled by my office nemesis. A while later the owner of our company pulled me aside on the production floor to ask me my opinion on why we didn't get the business. His explanation (second hand from the other sales manager) was that we aren't looked at as a major player. That our competitor is more polished and can provide better support, equipment, will be easier to work with long term, etc.

I asked him if he really wanted the truth? He said he did.

Over the next twenty minutes I explained in detail exactly why there is such a negative opinion of our company in the marketplace. For extra measure I added all the other things I think about on a daily basis that I'd change if I ever take this place over (it's a thought and discussion).

When I finished I could tell he was pissed and a little shook up, but he thanked me for my honesty before storming off. Might have been a little too brutally honest.

Rant: Nothing will change. In the end he's the reason this place will never be anything more than what it is.

Rave: Selfish but now I don't have to worry about a bunch of unprofitable OEM work fucking up my equipment deliveries.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I am so fucking pissed. While here at the house, I made SURE to keep only good and needed food in the cabinets. I kept a large variety of canned goods, frozen veggies, milk, eggs, crystal light, coffees and teas, coffee creamer, chicken breasts, lunch meat, ground meat, cheese, rice, butter, salad greens, fresh fruit, yogurt, and miscellaneous, normal food.

So, my brother moved in to the house last week. What has my mom done TWICE already, in LESS than a week's time?

She went grocery shopping and bought 3 half gallons of juice, 5 frozen pizzas, a family sized box of hot pockets, 2 boxes of mint cookies, 3 boxes of deli cookies, a box of donuts, a box of rolls, a box of croissants, bags of Lay's chips, Doritos, 6 bags of cereal (yes, you read that correctly, SIX fucking bags), several fridge cases of sodas....and more. I am so fucking pissed. I have zero self control when it comes to food and have very carefully only bought snacky things rarely. I told her to please stop, because number one, I DON'T NEED THAT SHIT IN THE HOUSE, and number two, half of that stuff is going to go bad or stale before it can be consumed. Her joking response was "your brother is a growing boy." Growing which way? I asked. Fuck. Newsflash mom! He only eats that shit on occasion because you buy it, not because he has some hungering for it. FUCK FUCK fuckfuckfuck.... I am going to find a box, load all the shit food into it, and then make him put it under his bed. FUCK!

11. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Ke$ha straddled a cannon on stage and shot a glitter bomb out of her cooch!!!

Whoever says you can't pick up girls at a concert has never tried accosting strangers for spare glitter. This resulted in half a dozen numbers and a sick hotel after party downtown. Sleazy Ke$ha wannabes are the best.

Rave: This week was an unbelievably fun college visit. While going neighbor introducing we met four hot and super cool girls who drank with us pretty much every night. My only minor complaint is that last night I ended up in one's bed and as we got under the covers her boyfriend called. If their relationship is that flimsy I'm willing to wait until nature takes its course. Befriending hot girls tends to be the gift that keeps on giving.

Life is good.

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant.

Someone fucking tell me how people can do something PERFECTLY using an almost idiot proof device for over an hour, and then all of a sudden lose their goddamn minds and nearly kill each other. Because seriously, this shit is getting old. My instructions are thorough, my attention to detail for teaching is immaculate, and these bitches just lose their fucking minds about an hour into the activity.

13. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I'm having a day where every moment is a blonde moment. Mid-walk from my place to my boyfriend's, I realized I still had Crest Whitestrips on my teeth.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Women. One of the three just got on a flight from TO to come out and visit for 4 days.

15. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: I don't know what the hell I ate yesterday, but it was not good. I just spent 8 hours in a crowded auditorium in a hot sweat, hoping and praying that I could make it through the day without running for the bathroom. There's no way I could've made it without causing a scene. My stomach was making weird noises all day. I blamed it on being really hungry, yet I ate nothing at lunch. Hopefully nobody noticed.

Rave: I totally destroyed a gas station bathroom on the way home. It was so glorious a (possibly) homeless woman walked in after me and immediately walked out. BAM! White girl skillz.

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I hate when close friendships get to the point where you feel like you can't talk to the other person at all.

17. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant I hate being the only one in my house that gives a damn about being clean. My room mate doesn't clean unless specifically asked, and then does a half assed job. Are people really this useless?

Rave Afternoon off finally. Going climbing to celebrate.

18. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Had a fun, albeit wet, day in DC going to museums with a high school friend. Now I'm drinking a beer at a pizza place a few blocks from my hotel.

Rant/rave: my first night in the hotel sucked, my room was the handicapped accessible one right next to the elevator mechanical closet. It was loud all night, so I got a new room. New one is pretty awesome with a view and quiet.

rave: head to nyc tomorrow.
    rant: that fucking hurricane could disrupt plans.

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Yeah, Scientoligists are nuts. They believe in Xenu, aliens, and paying for church position. Blah blah blah.

But cannabalizing your savior is socially acceptable.

20. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking hate moving. It is the single most aggravating, soul sucking, emotion inducing thing on earth. I make enough money to pay someone to move my shit. Why in the fuck don't I just do that?

And why do I have so much shit? In the garage I found rockband and guitar hero stuff. I havent played those games in a couple of years. WHY IN THE FUCK DO I STILL HAVE IT? No one plays those games any more. They aren't worth dick. Im taking them to good will hopefully some family picks them up and puts them to good use.

While I was cleaning I found a card written in terrible hand writing, and making little sense. As I attempted to decifer what it said I figured out it was a note my grandmother wrote to my brother. It apologized for her missing his birthday, because she is getting forgetful. It had to be one of the last semi-coherent things she ever wrote. It then reminded me of her death. I then had to go read the thread about how to deal with death because I spent the next hour crying.