Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Winterbike

Winterbike
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Nikola Tesla kicked ass

Rant: The wife is depressed and suffers from anxiety at the moment. It's really hard to help her, because she's a stubborn overachiever and she's way too hard on herself. She doesn't want to see a shrink or reduce her workload, and from experience, she doesn't have the necessary skills to properly deal with these issues. The next few weeks are going to be hard.

Rave:
    BJJ tonight, tomorrow and friday. Watching UFC saturday with the BJJ crew. Yay for violence and half-naked dudes wrestling each other!

2. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Spent the morning playing panthers and tigers with my niece, who lives in Spokane. Skype is the shit.

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant - I hate everyone who can work from home right now...if you can take off work and not be missed too much, I really don't like you. I'm tired of this warehouse, I'm tired of smiling, I'm tired of answering inane fucking stupid questions. Grr Kitty Anger Face. I love my job but I really really really want to be alone right now.

4. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Unlike most people, I'm enjoying my job. Shit, I like to come in early just because it makes the shift transition easier and I get to talk to people on other shifts.

Rave: How many jobs have a workout built into the workday? "Hey, we get off at 10 PM. We're going out running at 9:10."

Rant: Getting off work is a different story. It's funny how people who are perfectly professional and awesome on the job turn into complete retards as soon as they walk out the door.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Fuck Telus. I get a call from Telus collections today saying I owe them $600 by 5pm or my internet connection will be disconnected and subject to reconnection fees. Say whaa!!?!!?

They quote me an account number that means nothing to me, while I bring up my latest online statement that shows I owe my usual monthly fee of about $80. It even shows the previous payment of that $80. I give that to her, and she begins to sound confused.

"Oh no, sir, I'm referring to your phone, not your internet..."

"I only have internet, and no phone with you. The only reason I have a phone number is to attach the ADSL to... nothing more. There is no phone service. At all. Just internet".

*crickets*

"Well, sir, there seems to be some discrepancy here... please hold on for a couple of minutes while I go and look into it."

It's now been 40 minutes on hold while they "go check on it".

These fuckers piss me off.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: They admitted it was a fuck-up on their end. Seems that my "internet" bill wasn't forwarding payment on to the "master bill" or some such thing, so all the payments I'd made weren't being credited to the super-secret master bill that really matters. They actually felt badly that all the months of payments weren't being credited to my account like they should, so they made everything "current" and gave me 3 months for free.

7. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant It's still the first week of classes, and already I'm feeling stressed. I shouldn't but having two jobs and taking five classes and 3 labs is really going to suck. I'm balls to the fucking wall.

I typed this in the bathroom/break room. fuck.

8. mazian

mazian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant
    Okay, all summer long you've complained that it isn't really warm, that it's no real summer.
    Now we're all sweating everywhere we go, no matter what we do.
    Are you happy now?

Rant
    Is it really that hard to assign me to a doctor or an OR in the morning?
    Everyone runs off and I'm all on my own finding something to do during the day.
    I could basically just leave after the morning meeting without anyone noticing.
    Most people here are nice, but this is starting to really piss me off.

Rant
    Sometimes I think I'm way too easy to take advantage of.
    And every time I'm angry at myself afterwards, but I next time I do it all over again.
    This has to stop.

9. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Work today consisted of 5 hours of reading. If I didn't make so little it would be an awesome job.

Rant: I can't get on TiB at work. Though this is probably a good thing as it forces me to read the great works of literature instead of random people's experiences with prostitutes.

Rave: I am road-tripping it labor day weekend to spend time with friends I haven't seen in close to 2 years. I can't afford it, but there won't be as many of my friends in one spot for a long time, so I need to capitalize on it.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Women. What. The. Fuck. I've been happily single for a few years now, and within the past couple of days three women from my past have professed their love/desire for me and want to give a long term thing a shot. Seriously. I know I'm a fucking catch and all that, but what the fuck?

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ra...?
    I think I just got asked on a date...I don't know what I think about that.

12. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Dear facebook friends:

Pregnant women, especially ones that were already fat, are not beautiful. Get over it.

Frank

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rant

My wife just got back from helping in Goderich, which was destroyed by a tornado, and now God is trying to destroy the rubble there with ANOTHER funnell cloud. One was just spotted a couple miles from my house too, apparently.

I love you guys. It was nice knowing you.

14. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: I'm quite sure Armageddon is happening outside my window right now. Holy shit, what a storm.

15. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: Two-day orientation starts tomorrow! I'm not looking forward to two full days of it (seriously?), but I'm excited to meet my classmates and start. I'm even MORE excited to be wrist-deep in a cadaver by this time next week.

Rave: I think it rained a little tonight.

16. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Computer is wacked out. The hardware isn't working, it just seems sometimes (98%) of the fucking time it chooses not to wake up out of standby. This is making me believe that it is the OS not booting up properly. I have to have a Dell guy, come out and tell me what I know, and then get him to replace my CD drive anyways, because that shit has been fucked for a year.

Three years old too, not like its been forever.

Rant: Didn't win in Poker tonight. Lost 5 bucks to some friends so it's not a big deal or anything, but I went out in the worst way possible. Stupid stupid stupid call.

Rant: I don't have much to rave about. Life's been pretty mediocre.

17. twopy

twopy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Jacked up my shoulder at work today

Rave: It was from jumping out of an airplane.

Rant: some iceyhot and a few days rest and it should be good.

Rave: Jumping out of airplanes is part of my job.

18. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

rant: This is doing the rounds on facebook

... For fuck sake. National pride fucking fail. We don't pledge alliance, or allegiance. We have never used One Nation under God Indivisible, or And Justice For All in any of our nationalist literature. And our anthem isn't recited, it's fucking sung. I mean there's lots in the sentiment expressed to be annoyed about as a left leaning center voting atheist anyway, but it's clearly a fucking American status where some idiot has swapped out focal vowels for Australia centric ones. Not only are our nationalists racist fucking hillbillies, they're so stupid that they're praising things that have NEVER Been part of Australian culture.

19. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup. I'm getting this one a lot too. Clever country, indeed.

Attached Files:

• sigh.JPG
      sigh.JPG
      File size:
      77.2 KB
      Views:
  20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rave
    Still Alive!

Rant
    One of my indica plants was snapped and destroyed. Begorrah!!!!