Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:

Holiday lunch was awesome. I had many raw oysters. My virility is through the roof. I'm also kinda drunk. As the youngest there, I was the go-to guy when it came to finishing a bottle of wine. We had a few bottles 2006 Duckhorn Merlot and some fantastic 2006 Syrah (name started with an 'R'). I drank more than a half of a bottle of each once all was said and done.

2. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: 2 exams tomorrow, one in Human Rights and one in Abnormal Child Psych.

Human right I will crush, but ACP is going to have it's way with me.

RAVE: As of 10:30 tomorrow night, I have a date with some Irish Car Bombs. Oh my, what a glorious night it shall be.

3. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I'm in for a night of debauchery. Dinner, hotel, club. Oh, my.

I was warned to "bring protection" and I am not sure what kind I need! My girls are nuttier than I, this could be a hell of a story...

4. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: It's safe to say that I'm in big academic trouble. Like falling a year behind, big.

5. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Chick I really dig at my job transferred to another building, meaning she's fair game (divorced, single, and lonely by her own admission). Oh, and did I mention she's Eastern European with raven hair and a real sweetheart? Yeah, we're definitely on for lunch Saturday. Yeah I know "lunch" and all, but with her mom in from Bulgaria for a few months and staying at her place, going over there isn't really an option - and I'm not bringing any serious prospect over to my place in this condition. She'd dry up like a bucket of sand.

On that note, I'm all kinds of stoked now, so I'm gonna clean. Fuck it, I'm keeping even that part in the "rave".

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant: An Epiphone Les Paul, no matter how expensive it was, is not a Les Paul. Even when played through a Marshall stack.

My Fender acoustic sounds better then that $600 pile of shit.

And it plays better.

What the fuck was I thinking when I bought this thing?

7. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Yesterday was really shitty, but it just made today seem that much better. I don't work again until January 12th, and I get to go home for a week. Also, bosslady gave me a Christmas stocking full of chocolate, coffee and a bottle of wine. Now I'm on the back porch drinking aforementioned wine and listening to music that I would undoubtedly get teased for. I almost don't care that my books from Amazon got wet in the mail and now I have to give wavy books to people for Christmas.

8. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Just had lunch with a mate. We went to a Chinese buffet all you can eat type place, I can't be trusted and ate a meteric shitton of deep fried chicken, pork and unknown.

Feel a bit sick really.

9. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: 37" Samsung Flatscreen.

Rant: Vertebrate Biology final at 7:30am.

10. WASPnest

WASPnest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant Fuck the internet. I hate that I can't unsee things. Hell must be omniscience. No wonder gods are so bitchy. I'm going to go drink bleach.

11. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WTF: Running into a rocket scientist smart kid I went to high school with that acts, dresses, and seems to think he's still 19 years old. He cleans up mouse shit at a fucking lab and talked to me about how his band is totally "gonna make it". Wow.

Rave: Even though I'm taken I had an enjoyable evening of having very very hot 21-ish yo girls hit on me and try to take me home. The meaner/more ridiculous you are the more they love it

Rave: 15th year of service for my friend's brewery. They threw a kickass party tonight and I got to man one of the kegs which led to much of the above rave. Being the keeper of the "free" beer is an excellent way to meet women.

12. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Getting the hell outta here and going home for Christmas in about 4 hours.

Rave: New years in Salt Lake City. Snowboarding and all sorts of mayhem will be had.

Rave: I'm drunk as hell and most likely won't remember much of my flight in a bit, except that I made it on time...just hope my alarm works

Rave: Peace bitches!!

13. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant:

I slept like shit last night. The girlfriend is sick and was hacking, coughing and breathing loudly in obvious discomfort. I woke up at 1 A.M. to get her some cough medicine, and some juice, but the meds were of no real help for her sore throat. We were supposed to go on a date tonight (where she was buying!) and instead it's looking like a night of hockey, chicken soup and foot-rubs.

Rave:

As luck would have it, Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals are in Vancouver to face the Canucks. I don't plan on missing a second of this game. If I'm staying in, I at least have the Canucks to keep me company. The NHL Center Ice package was a dandy investment.

Rant:

Given how inconsistent the Canucks have been this year, that may not be a good thing, especially with 'Alex the Great' in town.

Rave:

I got a cheque and a Christmas card in the mail yesterday from an elderly woman who is very close with our family. She's in her late 90's and is not fairing too well, but it means a lot that she still has enough memory to think of me during Christmas. Looks like I'll have enough money to get a Roy Halladay jersey! Phillies, not Jays.

14. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: I just came to "awareness" sitting on my couch, fully clothed(bueno!), mystery substance on my shirt(hmmm, I don't taste vomit), and no recollection past the cute bartender handing me another Crown. I have blacked out only once before in my life...this is a disturbing sensation!

I have my camera, my hot Peruvian was in charge of it, and I'm scared to see what it tells me...

15. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: It's my birthday.

Rant: I'm at work.

16. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: It's my last day of work!

Rant: It's my last day of work in a big ass recession (depression)!

17. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Staying out to the bar until 1 am, and waking up at 5 am this morning is a rough combo. I can barely stay awake at my desk right now. Hopefully the boss will let me take a half day.

Rave: Reason why I was up at 5 am was because I was at the strip club at 6 am for "Toys for Tatas". Good breakfast buffet + tits = great way to start the morning. Remember, it's for the kids.

18. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Woken up at 6:30 AM to help move a Christmas tree, after having been up since 4 to study for my last final

Rave: Last final of college today. Hopefully

Rant: Might not pass one course - groupmate didn't do his part of the assignment and I couldn't completely finish off his segment in time. Prof was not sympathetic at all.

19. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I burned my thumb and index finger taking pizza out of a 400 degree oven with my bare hand. Kids, drinking and frozen supermarket pizza do not mix.

Rave: Apparently all my time spent in the kitchen at work has deadened the nerve endings in my hands. Yup, I figured last night that I was just too drunk to feel the pain and I would hence pay for my stupidity this morning. Not the case. Fingers are definitely burnt, but no pain. Maybe I have super powers! (Insert The Bunny "Yay!")

20. McDermott

McDermott
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Went to the bar last night even though I had to work this morning. Got into work today, locked the door and took a nap on the desk. Literally on the desk... like dead man's float. I love this job.