Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Klonopin and wine. I can hardly see straight. Ahhhhh.

2. falconjets

falconjets
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: Last final done. Time to drink.

3. Stimpson J Cat

Stimpson J Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave Done with finals. I think I was below a 50% on my last one, but at least it's all done now. Time to drink.

Rave Went climbing today for the first time in 3 months. I was god awful, but it felt great to get back on the wall after so long.

Rant 12 1/2 hour drive home tomorrow. And leaving at 6 in the morning. It's going to be a long day.

Rave Going home. Is there anything better than catching up with old friends over a couple cases?

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Though not really shocking when you think about who it is, it's still shitty that Chris Henry, a wide receiver for the Bengals, is in critical condition after an auto accident. He apparently jumped into the bed of his fiancees truck during a dispute and fell off. Coming from Chris Henry this isn't shocking but we are all hoping he can pull through this.

5. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whatever: Capping off a good day with some studying. Had a delicious 32 oz. Newcastle draft and some subway with a pretty girl earlier for a late lunch, then hit the library. I find studying after drinking a little bit is actually pretty solid. Key word being little. At first I sit there and surf youtube and this site for about an hour, slowly easing my way into the material. But after that hour, shit, I'm focused. Just gotta make it through tomorrow and then it's smooth sailing my friends, right into a white christmas.

6. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Back to work on my philosophy paper. The best grade I can get in the class is a C, I'm in way over my head but could have done better if I had passed in the first paper on time.
    Rant: After that I have to write the paper for my marketing group project. Busy busy busy.
    Observation: At 3:03 AM The Idiot Board has more lurkers than posters. Come on people, we don't bite. Unless you can't spell. Spelling-mandatory, pant-optional.

7. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with a fistful of fifties.

Getting out of the friendzone is like trying to win a land war in Asia.

MegaRant: I graduated. With a BA in English.

8. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My namesake was born last night. She was supposed to be here tomorrow morning via c section but made her appearance early. No work today so I'm headed to the hospital to see her!

9. Gangston Cashwell

Gangston Cashwell
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: It's my birthday!
    Rant: Have to go to work

Rave: Got to ride around on my Versys this morning, my breath box for my helmet works great at keeping the fog out
    Rant: I GODDAMN DROPPED IT BACKING INTO MY GARAGE.
    Rave: After realizing I leaned it too much to pick it up in the position I was in, I was able to let it down incredibly gently. There isn't a single scratch on it except the little ball at the end of the clutch lever snapped off.

10. senorviper

senorviper
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

RAVE: New Job at a wine bar is going really well. Making great money, the hours are awesome for a bar, and I'm learning a ton about great wines, cheeses, and charcuterie.

Rant?: It's not a legal job. And I have passed the bar.

11. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chris Henry died this morning in Charlotte.

Damn. It looked like he was just starting to get it together.

12. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE:
    Google Chrome. Welcome to the 20th century, Uzisuicide.

RAVE2:
    I had an absolutely horrible day yesterday. Why is this a rave? Because my job allows me to sleep late today, relax all morning, and go in at lunch today. When I get there, I'm getting a work car and leaving the office to work in the field all day and not have to listen to anybody or answer any phones. Work rules.

13. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:

Company holiday lunch today. We're going to this really nice restaurant and getting a huge spread. The CFO seems to be in the spending mood, so there should be plenty of great wine and kick ass food to go around.

14. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Been up all night trying to finish this paper. It's the last one I have for the semester.

Rave:Almost done. Need to write maybe 2 more pages.

Rant:I am really starting to lose my ability to focus. I'm not sure anything I'm writing is actually making sense anymore.

Still have 7 hours till I have to turn this paper in, might be time for a quick nap to recharge before I try to finish this paper off.

15. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today I'm taking my last flight of the year (to go home. yay!). As of 6:19pm today I will have flown 74 segments for 62,000 miles in the last 8 months since I took my current job. All of which were domestic. I have a map of the US with every place I wanted to visit, and I only have four places left on it (Excluding Alaska and Hawaii, but I don't count them). I have trips scheduled to those four places in the next three months.

Rave: My job facilitates all of this.

Rant: This job is killing me. I have put on 40 pounds since I started. Prior to that I was going the other way. I also started smoking again. Healthy habits are damn near impossible to enforce when 26 days of the month you don't have a kitchen, work 15 hours a day and live 20 stories above a bar. But the fringe benefits are too good to make me quit.

Rave: Even with that last rant, I had the most fun I've ever had in the last year. I have friends now that have something in common with me outside of a love for alcohol.

Rave/Rant: For the first time since March I get to spend more than three days in my own apartment! I get to spend 14 days there. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself. I do know I will be getting rid of 90% of the shit I own, since in the past few months I've realized I can live without it.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I got up and was out the door in 15 minutes. No shower, brush through the hair and that was pretty much it. I think I'm still a lil' drunky. The letters are all blurry and there's too many of them. Margaritas are the devil.

I guess this is a rant within a rave. Or vice versa.

Driving to work in a glazed hazy state makes it seem as though we're all friends of the road.

I don't even know what that means.

EDIT: Yes I brushed my teeth too. It wasn't pleasant at all.

17. Costello

Costello
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: You non-Brits may not be aware of this, but there's a peculiar battle being waged at the moment for the traditional 'Christmas No.1' single. For the past 4 years, this has been monopolised by whichever singing marionette wins Simon Cowell's X Factor (the cousin of American Idol). A Facebook group was set up to get Rage Against The Machine's Killing In The Name to the top of the charts, and hijack poor little Joe McElderry's (this year's winner) dream/Cowell's domination of the pop charts.

Anyway, there's been tons of debate about it - some think it's awesome, some are cynical, some think it's stupid, some are offended and some just don't care. But everyone has to be able to see the irony in this.

The band was interviewed and then played the song live on BBC radio today. The presenters TOLD the band they could not swear on air - i.e. not say 'Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me' - and then acted shocked and surprised when the band didn't do what they were told.

18. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Frank Sinatra's Christmas album. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside, and no I'm not afraid to say that. Easily one of the best entertainers ever, bar none.

19. BaseballGuyCAA

BaseballGuyCAA
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Two underage drinking tickets... $660
    Two University-mandated alcohol education classes... $250
    Two fake IDs, both taken at bars... $80
    One misdemeanor obstruction charge for giving a cop a fake name... $225, a night in jail, and two shots from a tazer
    Lawyer fees for the above... $1200

Finally being 21 and NEVER having to worry about any of that happening again? Priceless.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant:

This morning I bought a 3 pack of those curly que florescent bulbs. The package said they would last 21 years between the trio.

I screwed one of them in to my livingroom ceiling fan giddy with the thought that it might outlive me and that future generations might bask in its florescent glory.

It ain't happening.

Two hours after being turned on it burned out.

It's brethren better hope they can each shine for 10.5 years because I'm a wee bit pissed at Sylvania right now.

21 years my ass, how about lasting 21 hours?