Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rave: My sister's in labour! I'm going to become an aunt today!

2. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Fuck sciatica, fuck it in the ass. Hard. It's got me walking like an 80 year old orangutang.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rave:

WINNIPEG JETS FTW

Rant:

If they end up calling them the Manitoba Polar Bears I will personally put out a standing kill bounty on any and all resonsible. Fuck you.

4. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I still hate being in Pakistan
    Rave: I had an awesome stew in a seriously dodgy looking restaurant today
    Rant: When I tried to ask what meat was in it after a elongated game of charades the waiter proceeded to make an animal noise that I had no idea what he meant. My best guess is camel(?).

5. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Due to a power outage in the neighborhood where my office is located, free day off of work today. I have no idea what kind of shitstorm I will be walking into tomorrow, but for now, it is 2:30 in the afternoon, the heat index outside is 100+, and I've just started on a 6 pack of St. George Brewing Company Spring Lager in my air conditioned apartment.

6. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Are you in Chapel Hill/Carrboro? Because that shit happened to me too. It is hot as balls.

Rave: Pool day. See yas later.

7. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Passed out reading on the porch today. Awkward front only sunburn.

8. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: In less than 48 hours I'll be on the beach. I'm super impressed with my packing too - I normally over pack but this time it's very scaled back.

Rantish: My brother's ex is still on my facebook feed. This was her latest status: "I jus need prayers & a lot of support...eveytime u think of me jus pray...this is serious !! The whole top of my brain on the mri showed decomposition!!" WHAT. THE. FUCK. She has a ton of health problems (that she shares on fb, like her nipple discharge) and now her brain is rotting?!?

9. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Tornados in New England? What the fuck? A tornado hit Springfield Mass today, and from what I understand, it actually went right through my college. Glad I graduated 2 weeks ago.

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: June 1 and we're already hitting triple digits? It needs to cool the fuck down immediately.

Rave: I passed Troy Aikman running this morning. How old is he? He looks really good.

11. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: If I hear one more person bitch about the heat, I'm going to scream. It hit 16*C today, and so far as I recall we have had less than five days total that were over 20*C. Summer has forsaken this part of the world, and I despair at ever being able to go outside in a sundress or wearing flipflops.

12. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And is coming my way in New Hampshire. Fuck.

13. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Alright boys and girls, it's time for me to head off to Arkansas for the Wakarusa music and camping festival. Lot's of jam band music, dirty hippies, alcohol, and good times. I'll make sure to bring some pictures back for everyone. Especially you, 'sack.

14. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

You have to be fucking kidding me.

I got my residence permit for Sweden the other day, and all EU countries had to switch to a biometric card. This card has your photo and fingerprints stored on a chip inside.

They approved me 3 days after the rule took effect. I have to get the card. I hadn't had my fingerprints done.

So I contact the consulate in San Francisco, and they tell me:

"You have to get your fingerprints taken in Washington D.C at the embassy." That is right, I have to fly 3k miles to get my fingerprints taken.

Luckily, I have a cunning plan... I was going to visit my dad in DC for two weeks before I left on August 31st. I will then get my stuff taken, and sent to my dad. I will then fly to Oslo, Norway, and take the train into Sweden. I will then get my residence card mailed to me in Sweden by my dad. All perfectly legal because I entered Sweden w/o getting my passport checked.

International Lawyered.

15. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I found a marketing internship that says "a willingness to work with firearms is a necessity" in the job description. Holy shit! I am not going to let myself get unrealistic but I applied and am hoping for at least an email back and the position actually still being open.

Rant: Training the new intern has really set in how badly I need to get my ass into gear on finding a permanent job. That awesome internship is only 3 months long so even if I get it, I still need to find another job.

Rave:
    At least the new intern is doing well. He's learning fast.

16. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:
    Suck it, Bruins

17. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: MOTHERFUCKING IDIOTS THAT CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES. WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME ALL THESE FUCKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW SOME SHIT AT THE DMV WORKS? YOU ARE SITTING IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER WITH A PHONE AT YOUR SIDE, BE A FUCKING DETECTIVE. WHY DO YOU EXPECT ME TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER A DUI? I HAVEN'T HAD ONE. WHY WOULD I KNOW? WHY ARE YOU GETTING PISSED I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH IT COSTS?

Rave: Telling a jackass to get the fuck out of my house til he learns some goddamn respect. At least Mr P. had my back when his friend starts a fucking argument over weird shit with me.

18. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Finally finished A Game of Thrones. Fuck the Lannisters.

Rant/Rave: Three enormous books to go before A Dance with Dragons. My eyes will bleed.

19. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Rave: Westside Barbell is trying to kill me, but in a good way. I love limping out of the gym knowing I left everything inside.

Rant: Fuckheads who bitch because there's chalk flying around everywhere and, despite my best efforts, sometimes slam the weight down. Sorry I can't really put down a 500lb deadlift gently. And I deeply apologize for taking up the squat cage for an extended amount of time, I know you're just dying to work on your sweet biceps brosef.

20. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Biking has left my ass sore.

RAVE: It's also left my legs a bit bigger and stronger.

RANT: Due to fuckups completely not on my part, I had to request back pay relating to erroneous job codes and a raise that wasn't properly encoded to the system. When I brought this to the attention of management, he said he couldn't see how I didn't do this on purpose. Nevermind that I had no motive or possible method of causing these errors. Not my fault you look like an incompetent moron to everyone else in the company (and, judging by the spelling/grammar of the emails I watched you send regarding the issue, this just added on to what they already knew)

RAVE: Two minutes after the above accusation, his boss walked in and said, in carefully polite but certain terms, what boiled down to "There's no way he could have done this, the fuckup is all on your end, and you need to fix it. Now."