Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant & Rave Thread

Annoyed Rant: How the fuck long does it take to get ready to go to the fucking beach? Holy fuck. I woke up at 930, went for a run, shaved, showered, found my bathing suit, found a football, made breakfast, ate breakfast and still had time to get this pissed off. My buddy did pretty much the same thing, but the two girls have been up since 830 "getting ready". If you take 2.5 hours before you're ready to go to the fucking beach, you're doing it wrong and wasting everyone else's god damn time.

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Local customer came through with a meeting for this afternoon. Thank god. I woke up this morning and just laughed at the idea of starting the work week in the office. Just not feeling it today. Too nice out and I have no desire to be a house cat.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Hot as balls today.

Rave: Central air.

Rave: Starting up Tae Kwon Do today after putting it off since I moved here over a year and a half ago. Yeah I know it's a BS form of fighting, but I like the people, it's good exercise and there's a lot less injuries in a TKD school than a BJJ or boxing school. It wasn't like I was going to go pro anyway.

Rant: I am in HORRIBLE shape, this is going to be very humbling and embarrassing.

Edit: Rant: Just checked the class time, 7:00 - 8:15, I'm an old man, that's late, I usually eat dinner around 6.

4. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant a few days ago about 170 miles from San Diego, we broke an outdrive shaft, had a computer fry, had a fuel filter problem and an actuator fail all in the course of 30 minutes. This resulted in a tow back to a harbor and 12 hours of wrench and 1 functioning motor that did about 6 knots.

Rave still managed to get a bunch of ling cod, a few dives and a bunch of clams as well as a brief visit to a Ensanada strip club.

5. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Did a max set of pull-ups this morning just to see how many I could do. I got 27. Even better is that my grip is giving out before my arms do, so I can probably get 30 if I just improve my grip strength.

Rave: Didn't realize that I get today off as well. Woohoo!

Rant: I put on cammies to go to work and was laughed at. "Hey retard, why you in cammies?" "Uh, I have work." "No you don't, it's a fucking 96."

Still, it's promising to be a great day.

6. Zazz

Zazz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Back after 7 months Rant: Back in October I took a job as a project manager at UB.com and Absolutepoker.com. It was fun, I got to do some traveling to Europe, a few trips to Vegas, golfing with poker pros (Trishelle from The Real World really is a giant whore, Scott Ian from Anthrax is fucking rad. That's all the name dropping I'll do), etc. 6 weeks ago the FBI and DOJ came and derailed my gravy train. Interpol's up in the mix down here in Costa Rica, too. Luckily, I'm a peon in the eyes of the law and don't have to take my box of cash and flee. I never paid taxes and I got a healthy severance so I can't really complain, but my bosses are/were fucking awful scumbags and filed bankruptcy as to not have to pay the ticos, while simultaneously buying million dollar houses with their parachutes. That's the industry, I guess. Not that I've tried nor do I want to move, but I can't get a job in the states with a CV of 4 years of working in an industry currently being dismantled by the FBI and DOJ. I just applied for a job at a hotel on the beach for less than 1k a month.

Rave: I've been drunk for six weeks. I can now surf in a blackout, I've been told.

Rave?: More time for the internets and reading what you Idiots have to say.

7. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Did my NVG class today. 8 hours worth of sitting and learning about them.
    Rave: They are NVG's, so they are awesome!
    Rant: I don't do my NVG flights until a few weeks from now.

Rave: Ship/Search and Rescue sim tomorrow.

Rave: Should have my formations class on Thursday.
    Rant: Forms flights aren't until a couple weeks from now.

Rave: Low level flights coming up next week. 500ft above the ground x3 flights followed by 200ft above for two flights.

Rave: Projected last flight flown date is June 23rd!!!

8. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Rave: In 14 hours, I'll be in the air on my way to travel around Costa Rica for two months on my own. I love the nervous thrill before travelling. I also found I enjoyed packing for this trip more than I have for any other long weekend or 1-2 week vacation. The idea of slimming your life down to a suitcase and a backpack is very therapeutic. (And I'm sure it's even more therapeutic to get it down to just a big backpack, but I like having options to wear, okay?) I'm really proud of this trip for a lot of reasons, from the simple "I'm glad I can pay for this on my own like an adult" to the "I'm glad I can be brave and spontaneous like this." I'm so excited to leave.

9. Mild Sedative

Mild Sedative
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RAVE: finally caught a squirrel. On an urban college campus. And ate it.

RANT: My friends (whose idea this was) got squeamish when we had to kill it. IT WAS THEIR FUCKING IDEA. So I killed it, cooked it, shared a little with them. Sure it was no prime rib, but after a week of chef boyardee, it hit the spot.

10. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: It is 22 degrees out side. Fuck all you, that is hot for here.

Rant: With 80percent humidity.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Hit 32 degrees on my lake today. FUCKING EH. That IS hot for what has been the second coldest spring on record. Got into the spiced dark rum and cokes, while floating on the lake, and caught 4 nice rainbow trout while burning the top of my head. Tough day at the office.

RANT: The theory was that I would take the afternoon off and float on my lake, and then make up for it tonight. Ain't going to happen. I be hammered.

RAVE: I be hammered! Time for a TDT?

RANT: They whacked 5 bears over the last 3 days. One of them was shot, but kept going, and dropped/died about 100 yards from my house. There is now a huge murder of crows at my house. Like a couple hundred birds screaming like bloody hell, and the trees are moving with them, while they are scavenging. Say what you want, but crows creep the fuck out of me; they are too fucking smart for my taste.

12. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No tiny rainbows on the way. (not sure if that's a rant or a rave)

13. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rant: Had a doctor appointment today and was diagnosed with placenta previa, which means the placenta is blocking the cervix. If it doesn't move up we have to schedule a c-section around 36 or 37 weeks. Did I mention I'm scared of needles and the thought of having to get a spinal and then be awake while they cut me open freaks me the fuck out? Because it does. Our next appointment will be with a high risk doctor to get a more in depth ultrasound and to confirm my doctor's diagnosis.

Rave: We had another ultrasound today and got to see our little girl. She currently weighs a whopping 1 lb and 2ozs.

Rave: At least if we have a scheduled c-section it will make things a little easier because we can plan for it. 36 weeks falls right during my vacation (which I was going to move if need be) so my actual leave wouldn't start until the following week.

Holy Shit: That only leaves 3 months and change until she's here. I have so much to do before then!

Edited to add: I'm also on pelvic rest, not sure how that slipped my mind but no more sex for me until the previa corrects itself or after the baby gets here.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Just a red river?

Rave: The Apple Store. My iPhone was fucked today and I couldn't make calls. Went to the store to see if they'd replace it. I expected some bullshit as far as fixing it or getting a refurb one, but they immediately offered to replace it with a new one. Not bad, not bad.

15. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fuck me right in the dick. I just got denied on a fucking credit card application because of something I thought I took care of that was basically an administrative error, I signed up for 6 months of BJJ and they accidentally put me on the 12 month plan, I changed credit card numbers (lost the card) and moved after month six so I didn't know anything was up until I went back to check on old mail. The BJJ school owner apologized and said he would take care of it... apparently he didn't. Fuck.

The BJJ school no longer exists and the company that owns the debt has no idea what I'm talking about.

Rave: It's almost six years old and will be removed from my report soon.

Rant: Though I have no reason to believe I'll need to get a loan of any sort over the next couple years it's painful to know I can't get a good rate on one.

Rant: My girlfriend who I have called financially retarded both here and to her face was able to get approved (The card gives 6% back on groceries, I had to swallow my pride) and add me as a secondary member today. I preach the virtues of financial responsibility and the importance of having a good credit score like a religious zealot to her on a regular basis. She has been mocking me ruthlessly over this situaiton.

Rave: You have learned well young padawan.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Two months away from actually being done with school, I have to do a four-part data security and privacy training online class. It's just a small hassle, but still... enough with the homework bullshit!

Rant/Rave: Got one skeleton in my closet out between me and my girlfriend. Sure, she wasn't happy today and still isn't but it could be wayyy worse and it's finally off my back.

Rant: I need to get a job... fuck.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: I'm tired of becoming the girl next door (this time, literally). At this rate, I can look forward to some good, wholesome, platonic friendship with a male when I'm 95.

18. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Just recieved feedback on an interview for a job which I really wanted. They said "I was experienced and came across really well, however I was too nice" serously What The Fuck?

I'm not sure what they expected me to do, come into the interview and go "fuck you all, give me the job now?"

19. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Police physical test is in 11 days and my running has steadily improved over the last month or so. I went from walking/running 2 km at the start because I was so out of shape and now I am up to running 6 km at a time!

Rave: My shift at work changed from 8-430 to 930-6, so I can still get up at 7:30, but actually go for a run, eat a good breakfast and shower, go to work, and still be able to hang out/chill when I am done rather than rushing home to work out/eat dinner.

Rant: Still work at a call centre.

20. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My (new) fuck-me heels are making me want to fucking kill myself.

Why can't I just wear loafers with velcro to work? Why, God, why?