Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Got WAY too drunk last night. I'm expected to participate in marathon drinking today.

Rave: As far as I can tell I didn't do anything bad.

Rave: Made it home intact (walked home, I'm not THAT dumb).

??????: Slept in until 9:45 this morning, even on crazy party nights I usually am up around 7, feels weird being past 10 and still being in recovery mode.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:Even better. I got Permanent Residence. Basically, life long ability to live there, and I never have to do any further applications.

Even better, it looks like I am eligible for most of the benefits of citizens. I can now be a welfare queen.

3. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: It's been a great Saturday so far. Got a haircut from a sexy hair-cutter who I will apparently be going to school with in September, and then came home and spent a couple hours reading on the porch, listening to the rain come down. Don't know when I turned into a 29 year old woman, but whatever. Now I'm going for a swim, then it's back here to play some music... unless my drummer bails on me, in which case I can just play video games.

RAVE: Heading to Vancouver on Tuesday to partake in the Stanley Cup final madness! I won't be going to any of the games, but last year when I lived there the city was electric during the playoffs - and that was when the Canucks only made it to round 2. I doubt I'll be able to stay there for the whole series, but I'll stay for the first two games at least, and if I can be there for one home win, I'll be happy.

RANT: 12 hour bus ride to get there. That's going to be tough for someone who gets bored as easily as I do. I considered taking some mushrooms, but considering the ride is from 9 am to 9 pm and there's a transfer half way through, that probably wouldn't be the best idea. Guess I'll just read a book, like a sucker.

4. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:Fuck my mom. Seriously, I have hit about the last straw.

So here is a timeline/ recap of today:

We have a garage sale at Jägerette's parent's house. Their driveway normally has their RV, but they parked it at a neighbors.

We have the yard sale, clean up all that. My mom comes up, and we are having a nice afternoon. Jägerette's parents are thrilled I got my permit.

Jägerette and were sleeping in the RV tonight, and we go with her dad to pick it up from the neighbors around the block and park it in the proper place. My father in law is driving. I am just a passenger who helped him back it out. (this is important. I wasn't driving the fucking thing)

Jägerettes dad accidentally swipes the front end of my mom's car. All superficial damage. But it doesn't look pretty.

The first words out of my mom's mouth when she walked out basically pinned it all on me. It was my fault that she didn't move her car before hand. I left. I am sick of being blamed for things that I didn't have anything to do with. Even Jägerette's mom was stunned at what she heard.

This is just like the time my dad's wife found out that my sister had two kids that he didn't know about. Why didn't he know? Because my mom had forced my sister to hide it from him. How did my dad's wife find out? She independently searched my sister on facebook, and my dumb ass sister had her profile pic the two kids.

Who did she pin it on? Me.

5. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Met a cool chick and we click really well so far. Could be something serious.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: I'm dying here. I've never had insomnia before, and for the last two months I've had nothing but. I wake up exhausted and stay exhausted all day. Then, at night, although I'm still tired the drowsiness goes away. I go to bed at a regular time, and I may or may not toss and turn for about an hour until I fall into a thin sleep that has vivid dreams. I then start compulsively waking up from about 5:30 onwards. Rinse, repeat.

NyQuil, Benadryl, Melatonin, Sleep-Eez, you name it. They may work for a day or two then boom, nada. The next option is to go to the emergency room (or book an appointment with my doctor, who MAY be able to see me within a month) and get a prescription, but that seems unappealing. I have no desire to take some narcotic and REALLY disrupt my sleeping cycles.

*sigh*

7. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Cover is off the pool and surprisingly it's as clean as it's ever been upon opening.

Rant: I had to pull fucking teeth to get someone to help me open it. 24'x48' with an oversized cover that weighs about 300lbs. Finally a buddy stopped by on his way home from work to lend a hand. I'm keeping notes. Fuck everyone of them that couldn't spare 30 minutes when the temps are in the 90s all summer. Fuckers.

Rave: Attractive female friends texting me me bikini shots and asking if the pool is open. They really want to start working on their tans. If all goes according to plan it'll be open for business tomorrow.

Rant: Ticks are out of control this year. I'm picking them up in my well mowed from lawn where the grass is around 3" tall.

8. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: What the fuck happened to "just" singing the National Anthem? Obviously not the worst in recent years, but this was bad.

9. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: First almost 90 degree day yesterday, and I wanted to use the A/C in my car... NOTHING. Had to use a spatula to peel my balls off my leg.

Rave: Did a little homework on what could cause the A/C to not even engage, and found that if there isn't enough refrigerant in the car that it won't kick in the compressor. The car is 10 years old, and I've never had to recharge it, so I went and got a bottle with the pressure gauge and went at it. Bam, ice cold A/C again! Best $40 ever.

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

MotherFUCKER.
    We've been shorthanded at work for awhile now. One guy just (finally) quit, after being a thorn in my side for a year - and nearly costing me my job. I wasn't sad to see him leave, I'll say that. Anyway, Douche quit...Douche's replacement started the Monday following Mother's Day. He's still relatively new, but seems to be somewhat useful.
    Fine.
    In the two weekends he's had here, Replacement has had run-ins with the law. First weekend was he got arrested for having warrants in three cities (counties?), and then today (which was supposed to be my day off) I got a call from him saying he'd been in a car accident - he ran into a cop.

So I'm now at work.

I'm not feeling solid about this guy. He already kind of made me twitch because of his other habits (gaming, LARPing, and anime), but I'm seeing a pattern here that I'm NOT liking.
    The owner knows the guy, and that's great...but I sure would like to have my goddamn weekends...finally...after two years...off.

Fucking hell.

11. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Big storm that blew through knocked over a section of the fence around my back yard. The fence was built by the previous home owner, and it is a giant piece of shit. Seriously, a retarded monkey could have built a better and more level fence. Anyway, part of it blew over because the jack off used screws that were too small.

Rave: That section is back up already, with some good, solid screws.

Rant: After looking around, this means I have to do the same thing to every other fucking section of the fence if I don't want them to blow down the same way.

12. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT The club I play soccer with requires that when you register new you need to have a players book with your picture on file to play. I, as a player, have a requirement that when I give you my my stuff to register, you actually fucking do it. I processed all my paper work two weeks ago, go to the game today and the coach pulls me aside and tells me that I, nor my brother, can play because the club didn't register our stuff with the governing body. WHAT THE FUCK??!? I've played soccer for twenty years, this is the first time a club has dropped the ball. Figures because I have to move to new city to play soccer as my city doesn't have a semi-competitive mens league, I get effed in the eh. I'm fucking rattled boys and girls.

13. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Never move into a shared place and fuck your female housemate. Never call her on her petty bullshit, and expect her to recognise that she's a hypocritical piece of shit. Do expect her to throw a massive fit, and make your life as unpleasant as possible. Stupid fucking cunt rag.

Rave: At least I'm not nearly forty, and acting like a ten year old.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:HboGo.com. I now have hbo and can watch Game of Thrones episodes a week before they air! And every single thing on hbo.

15. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant

My parents are divorcing after 31 years. My dad had an affair for 3+ years and served papers to my mom a few weeks ago but they just told me and the rest of the family.
    Mom is devastated and livid.

I'm the only of the four children still local but I have no idea how to handle this, what to do or say and how to comfort her.

Any advice appreciated.

16. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Got some rain here last night, we really need as much as we can get. Garden looked awesome when I went out there this morning.

17. vex

vex
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Game of thrones.

This show does things to me. The way the episodes end leaves me salivating. This is the first show that really has me immersed. It's just awesome. Unlike other shows where they try to stretch episodes or create artificial suspense by cutting an episode early, this show delivers through and through. At no point am I contemplating technical aspects of the filming or the motivations of the directors etc. I am just there experiencing the world and the story and the characters. Just awesome.

18. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking, fuck... baseball got rained out.

But on the plus side... there were a number of cute new girls who were forced to run around in wet white jerseys until the ump called the game.

19. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave:

Went to Six Flags Magic Mountain this weekend. So much fucking fun. It was nice to get away from boring San Jose for a little bit. Graduation in 9 days. Then LA/San Diego/Vegas trip. FUCK YES.

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: So get this shit. I was scheduled for a shift at work today where I call them an hour beforehand, and they let me know if they'll need me to come in. Sometimes they're busy, sometimes they're not, so we have those on occasion. I really don't mind them, for the most part. Shift is scheduled from 6 to 11, the same time as my brother's BBQ. I call in at 5, and they say "call back at 6, we're not sure."

Okay. I pack my work clothes, head over to the BBQ, and grab some dinner. I call back at 6, and again at 6:10. I'm told that they probably won't need me. Okay, fine. I give them my cell phone number and my brother's phone number and tell them to call me AT THOSE NUMBERS if they need me to come in.

Fast forward to 7:04 PM. The call time is logged in my cell phone. He calls my cell phone (this is important) and says "Alright, man, we won't need you, don't worry about it." I say that's cool, thank him for letting me know, and hang up. Literally a 24 second call (also logged on my cell phone). That should be it. I hang at my brother's for the rest of the night, worry free.

I get home tonight, 1 AM, and see a message and a missed call from them. The message says "hey, its 8:45, and we're kinda busy. Can you come in?"

What... the... fuck?

First, why didn't they call my cell or my brother's number, like I asked and like I gave them. I know he has that cell number, he's already used it once tonight. Second, my cell phone is in their computer system, I specifically had the store manager put it in for just these occasions. Third, I better not get in trouble for this shit. I was told I wasn't needed, and that was that. I've had several of these shifts since I started there, and when I was told they won't need me, that was it. I didn't have to sit by the phone for the entire shift waiting to see if they'd call.

Now, its after 1 am, and I am fucking wired. I was ready to come home and go to bed, but now my mind is fucking racing. I'm pissed, my back hurts (see next rant), I'm stressed cause I really don't want to lose this job over something so stupid, I feel bad for not helping out, but I SHOULDN'T feel bad because he said he wouldn't need me, so I feel bad for feeling bad, which just makes me angry again, and to top it all off, I actually really enjoy this job, and I enjoy going to work, and I like the people I work with. Its too late for me to do anything about it tonight, I can't call anyone, my wife is asleep so I can't talk to her, and because I am a chronic worrier, with an admittedly self-diagnosed anxiety disorder, there is no doubt in my mind I'm going to get about 2 hours sleep tonight, if I am lucky.

Fuck. Honestly, just fuck.

Rant: Kidney stones. My lower back, all the way down to my balls, hurt like hell. Been here before, and it sucks, but it passes. I drink enough water and I feel okay. However, my back has been killing me all night.