Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Saw Rammstein last night. Summary from my facebook status:

2. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Moved the girlfriend up here yesterday. She's taking me out to Fogo de Chao tonight (for my birthday a couple weeks ago). A great start.

Rave: Got grades back from 3 classes. I'm running a 3.33 so far and it bumped my cumulative GPA up to 3.02. This is after a few semesters with a sub-2.5 GPA and one under academic probation. I had 37 credits of over the past year and worked an average of 20 hours a week too. I set a goal after being on a.p. to graduate with a GPA above 3.0 and it's going to happen. I walk in a week.

Rave: Only two more easy assignments due tomorrow at midnight in one class and I can slowww the fuckkk down and enjoy spending time in my workshop and screwing my girlfriend all summer.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: The baby eagles are learning how to fish in my lake.

4. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: I'm having a little glitch with my new apartment I was supposed to move into this past weekend. When I opened the door, I entered to find it was a completely different floor plan and about 100 square feet smaller than the one I was told I signed a lease for. The leasing manager is taking all of the blame, but their "solutions" suck. I have to be out of my old place by Saturday, and I'm literally driving around Dallas looking for a duplex in the same hood. I just want out of my lease now. Anyone in Lakewood/"M" streets need to sublet?

Rave: I may be homeless/living with my parents for a little bit! Wheeee!

5. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Econ midterm, Leeroy that shit like a boss.

6. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant I was just taking a short walk on the trail that runs by my office. Usually this is a nice way to keep the post-lunch tiredness at bay. After today I may not sleep for a week because I just saw a fucking rattlesnake slithering in the brush just off the path.

Rave I now know that if I ever get an opportunity to participate in the NFL combine, I can run a sub 4.0 forty while waving my arms like a fairy.

Rant That is the second snake I've seen in 3 days. I'm desperately afraid of those little bastards, and it's making me not want to do all of the outdoors activities Colorado has to offer. I'm either going to have to get over the phobia, or start carrying a machete to the damn dog park. And frankly, a big ass knife seems like the best option.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Stupid fucking women who condescend to you for no reason. Driving back from the hardware store, there are 4 women walking side by side down my access road, with walking sticks, and they scowl at me for making them move out of the way so I could drive down my own road. I stop, and then mention that they should be on the lookout for bears, as there are a lot in the area. The bitchiest one of the group snorts, and says, "ha... yeah right... bears..."

I then point behind her, where two bears were crossing the road. You couldn't have scripted it any better.

"Yep, like them."

They were between the bitches and the parking lot where their cars were parked.

With that I said, "remember, you don't have to outrun the bears, just your friends", and drove off.

The look of bitchiness mixed with fear was hilarious.

Fucking hilarious.

Here's a pic I managed to take just after the lead bear went into the ditch.

Attached Files:

8. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave Semester is over and I'm not taking summer classes! Three months of climbing is on the horizon.
    Rave I'm moving out of Vermont! Heading back to New Mexico to continue school, work and climb.
    Rant Moving is never, ever fun.

9. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Turns out one of my female friends who is older (more experienced) has been wanting to hook up for a while and decided to tell me last night.

Rant: This could have happened so much earlier if she didn't give such mixed signals. Can't blame me for being confused after she says how great it is we managed to keep it platonic. Like...

Rant: Not seeing her for a WHILE now.

Rave: Home for the summer and couldn't be more excited. God I love my summer job. Gonna be interesting as hell after the clusterfuck from the end of last summer. Whatever tho.

10. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

RANT:I talk a lot to my friends about 'The Ethical Slut' and how retarded the western first world's take on sexuality, especially female sexuality is. But currently something is really getting on my tits.

In early 2011, a Toronto police officer offered the wonderful 'safety tip' to women that if they can avoid sexual assault by not dressing like a slut. And I have some thoughts on this.

The first is, the issue here isn't the cop. I mean the cop is an issue, and I hope to fuck he's been getting his ass kicked in between sensitivity training courses since those idiotic words passed his lips. But he's not the real problem. Cops see a dark and awful side of human nature when they go out and try and clean up after awful things. And one of those awful things is rape.

The horrific reality is that dressing in certain ways can elevate your risk of sexual assault. And that's the fucking problem. That's the truly, utterly awful thing that we need to fix. As far as we know, the asshole cop has never actually raped anyone - so as infuriating as his words are, they're just stupidity that needs to be fixed. But rapists who actually see women dressed in certain ways and think that their behaviour is OK because of those outfits? That's not just stupid, it's horrible and it destroys lives. The truly awful follow on is that that idea spreads to victims, and they start to believe that they deserved to be assaulted. And those victims need our support far more than an idiot cop needs his ass kicked. They need to know that no matter what they were wearing, where they were walking, what time it was, or how much they'd had to drink, they didn't deserve to be raped and it wasn't their fault.

I'll be participating in the Brisbane Slutwalk, one of a series of international events to help carry this message to victims, and try to help potential rapists see how horrific their actions are, and lead them to change before anyone else is harmed. And I think every guy who has a mother, a sister, a female friend or a female lover, should show up to support their local slutwalk. Because really, can you think of any situation, any outfit, or any time and place where the women you love deserve to be raped? If you can, please keep away from the women I love. If you can't, then show your support, and tell your friends.

Talking about this topic with some acquaintances, I've heard some true stupidity about this topic - and I want to scream at the guys who judge women for being sex positive. I just want to shake the fuck out of them and make them understand how much more fun it would be to be a heterosexual man, if women weren't made to feel guilty, ashamed, judged, or at fault for enjoying their sexuality. How AWESOME it would be, if women who liked to fuck guys could do that as casually and comfortably as guys do. Imagine a world where heterosexual sex was as straight forward and relaxed as gay men's sexuality.

So I'll be at the slutwalk, to support women who just want to enjoy their sexuality, and to hopefully make guys understand how much better everything would be, if jerks would stop judging women.

And as bad as it is when guys are jerks about things like this, it blows my mind when Women are either babbling on about jeebus or directing their envy of liberated sexualities at rape victims. We have come so very far in the western first world towards actual gender equality. Lets not turn back the decades because some idiots are uncomfortable with sex.

11. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE Yep, I'll ditto this.

I'll also rave getting random shoe advice from internet strangers in the last place you expect to find it. I was instantly intrigued by the yoga mat title. Then I would like to rave Zappos. Let's see, this was posted on Friday afternoon. I probably read it Friday night or Saturday morning. Found and ordered on Zappos website Saturday afternoon, and am chilling with my new shoes on Monday (and with free shipping to boot).

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    got to the land and my horse had a 4" gash on her jaw/cheekbone. Dumbass stuck her head through the wire and cut it on the fence. My mom's going to Baltimore for two weeks, so care will fall on my dad. I'm two hours away or I would do it myself, so I guess I'm going to have to give him step by steps, and remind him that she's really just a big baby.

RANT:
    Finding a photographer is a pain in the ass. Finding time to work with said photographer is a bigger pain in the ass.

13. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Allergies are proof that god doesn't exist.

14. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Sort of ran over a kid with my shopping cart today.

He was laying in the middle of the aisle and I was looking at the shelves.

I didn't technically run over him, just butted him with the wheels. No broken bones to go to the cops with.

15. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I joined fetlife.com and love it for a variety of reasons....

but one is standing out tonight because I am an asshole. A young man has been messaging me, asking me to "doominayte" him, despite my profile being clear about my interest in women. I replied to his inquiry with "Sorry, I don't think you qualify."

He responds with "why you be like that"

Jesus fucking Christ. My reply?

He still hasn't given up. This is somewhat hilarious to me.

16. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Stupidly worried for no reason. I know I'm over thinking everything and yet can't stop

17. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Overthinking? No, that was just my gut being correct. Finally!

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: So, I have a wedding to go to for a couple of good friends, but it should be fun so that's not the rant part. Rant is that I tried on my suit last night and the pants definitely do not fit any longer (because of my great big beer belly). So I'm left with a conundrum.

Option 1: Buy a new suit. I never wear suits, the one I have I don't think I've worn in two years. So while I think I look good in a suit, I don't feel good spending the money on something I will hardly ever wear.
    Option 2: Take the jacket of the suit I have, which still fits, up to Dillard's and see if I can match some pants to it. Not sure if that is fashionably kosher or would even work.
    Option 3: Forget the suit and wear the nice navy blue blazer I have. I'm just not sure if that would be suitable for an evening wedding. And if it was, what kind of pants do I wear with a nice blazer? Do I have to wear a tie with it, and what color if I do? Nice thing about this option is that if I need to go out and buy new slacks, I can wear them to work afterward.

Anyone around here that is fashion savvy have any suggestions?

19. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I did terrible on my History final and didn't even bother to write the 3 to 4 page paper.

My professor said to me, "Don't worry about it, you're getting a good grade in here, signed, sealed and delivered. I don't care what you did on the final, you've done everything you've needed to do for class." Which is pretty damn funny, since I didn't do jack shit.

20. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Mom flew to Newfoundland for Mother's Day and once she got there, she called to let me know that my grandmother is getting remarried on her 70th birthday in July. My wife and I think this is pretty cool and Nan is an exceptional lady, so we're dropping everything and planning a trip. We're not going to miss this.

Rant: Newfoundland can suck a dick. Yes, we're going to drive across the island and see some scenery, but I think this is going to be a ridiculously expensive trip. We could fly to Mexico or wherever and lay on a beach drunk for a week for HALF of what we're going to end up spending to fly to and drive around The Rock.

Rave: My wife wants to see George Street. I think she's expecting to walk into Asgard or something. I'm going to play along before she sees it and ultimately has a "meh" moment.