Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Just had a nice little drive in an '89 Mazda RX-7 with a new engine. Small car that has good power and great handling. If I had $4k in my pocket, I'd buy it, enjoy it for a decade, and sell it back off as a collector's car. Just a really great ride.

RANT: Just found out M\my uncle is about to get out of prison, where he's spent more than half his life. This wouldn't mean anything to me, save for the death threats he's made against his entire family. Some of them have apparently discussed a restraining order; I don't really know how to explain to them exactly how pointless such a measure would be.

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: So apparently I had a couple of tickets went into collections and the notices went to an address I used to live at 3 years ago. I just checked my credit score and I'm about as creditworthy as an illegal immigrant. Oh, and the balance of the tickets is close to $600. If anybody has any tips for me to fix my fucking credit score, that would be fantastic.

Rave: Good thing I got a raise, I guess.

3. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I feel like an asshole.
    My parents are old, particularly for someone my age (28). My dad just turned 85 this week in fact. His health is pretty awesome for his age though and is still very active. As an adult I haven't given him much to be proud of, but he's always been supportive of whatever bad, go-nowhere, dumbass decision I've made. Recently, I decided that I want to move to California. I've wanted to for a while, but never with this much resolve. I told my mother about it at lunch at she was surprisingly ok with it.

The three of us went out to dinner tonight, and on the drive home she says to him "Akimbo is moving to California. Did you know that?" and he only uttered a confused sounding "Oh."

And boom, a tidal wave of shitty emotions hit me. First, I felt like an asshole he had to hear it like that, just dropped on him out of nowhere, not from me, and the day after his birthday. I also feel like shit for moving across the country when he has who knows how many more years, particularly good ones. Everything just makes me feel like a heel.
    Rant: I really have no idea what the fuck I'm doing or where I'm going.

Rant: A friend told me she probably spends $15,000-$20,000 on clothes a year (and she does not have the kind of job or a trust fund to live like that). It's really changed how I look at her, and no, not for the better.

4. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Took the afternoon off from work, went to the strip club and Thor.

RANT: Got the cold shoulder from the girl, she didn't think she was doing it.

RAVE: Deactivated my Facebook account, help focus the mind, especially on the trip to NC.

5. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave joined the 21st century and got Netflix. I may never leave the house now.

Question: there are a shit-ton of movies on there, but a lot are "unavailable" ... Will these be available later, and those that are available now, will they go away later and be unavailable? I guess I just don't know how/why some movies are available and some aren't and how it's all decided. Any help much appreciated.

6. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Show went real well.

Rant: It was an outdoor show, and we got cut off one song early. Not the worst deal in the world. The band playing after us didn't even get to go on. It was a lot of bullshit, and was handled incredibly poorly by the association that put on the show. The band that got the shaft had members drive in from states away, spending hundreds of dollars worth of gas, and they didn't even get to go on. Extremely disappointed in how that all played out.

????: Hopefully going to put on a show at our place this weekend, to basically make up for what happened. I hope the band that got fucked is down for playing, I'd be even more disappointed if I somehow couldn't at least make this a little right.

7. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: In honor of mothers day, I baked my mother this:
    [​IMG]

Double Rave: I get to see my girlfriend for a few days starting tomorrow. I haven't seen her in a month, and I want sex.

Life is good!

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Went out last night, spent very little money, had a great buzz going and had a very cute girl with an amazing ass grinding on my crotch the entire night.

RANT: Same girl had purse stolen at late night bar. I was primary witness. This fat black girl and drunk/high as fuck hispanic guy started dancing around the table where her purse was on top of my coat, started acting like they were stumbling and using the table to catch their balance, grabbed the purse and bolted. After dicking around the for 45 minutes with bar security we end up at the police station to file the report. (4AM)

RAVE: Next 35 minutes involves using the recently bitched about iPhone GPS tracking to coordinate 5 Chicago Police squad cars to track the motherfuckers down because they didn't ditch the iPhone and they couldn't take the battery out. Caught them right outside the bitches apartment. Got to hop in the back of a police car uncuffed for the first time to speed down the streets sirens blazing to where they caught the fuckers and I.D. them. Funny as fuck hearing the fat black chick shout "Oh hell no!" getting pulled out the back of the car.

RANT: Had to spend the next 4.5 hours sitting in the detectives conference room waiting for the detectives to interrogate the witnesses and get all the info on where they might have tossed the purse. They only recovered her iPhone, her friends shitty Samsung flip phone that was also in the purse, and camera. No house keys or drivers license. No food was provided and only water. My body is fucking killing me due to not being able to sleep in any real position.;

RAVE: Got a ride home from the police station around 8:30. I have to be the only black guy to ride in the back of two police cars in less than 5 hours without being cuffed or doing anything illegal! Also, didn't have to go to church with my parents.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Jesus! It is fucking hot here. Can't we get a little more spring before summer?

10. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Spent a few hours with the girl this afternoon and things seemed good.

RANT: The goodbye kiss was pretty one sided.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: Fiance's in town!

Bow chicka wow wowwwwww

12. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I knew it was stupid to have something delivered on Mother's day. We ordered a chest freezer and it was to be delivered today between 10 AM and Noon. Of course, by 2 PM it wasn't there and I called the company to bitch them out, and they told me I was next on the list and to expect a call from the delivery guy soon. He called at 3, and asked for the nearest cross roads to plug into his GPS. After giving him 3 sets of cross roads, he is still completely unable to find it. Finally, I just give him directions from where he is.

It finally got delivered at 3:45, almost 4 hours late, and the guy offers no apologies, no excuses, just "here, sign, we're leaving." Thanks, asshole. Expect that little survey you gave me to get filled out and returned, dick, and not in your favor. I swear, all three delivery guys combined IQ was lower than Forrest Gump.

Rant: Only got to spend about 30 minutes with my parents before returning home to cook for my in-laws. This evening isn't going to be fun.

Rave: Finals week. 3 exams and 2 papers due, then I am done for the semester, and don't have any more stupid long drives for at least a few months.

13. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just got back from Nashville. It was a drunken mess of a good time. Both nights were full of their own little parts of awesome. And the flights were pretty legit too.

Rave: Went home with a local chick. Kindergarten teacher, with a some metal in places the sun don't shine too often. Split personality like woh.

Rant: Cap off a long ass week with a flight with an instructor I hate tomorrow. She's new, doesn't know procedure, can't grade for shit, and is an all around bad teacher. Not to mention she grills hard in the brief...

Rant: These next two weeks coming up are incredibly difficult. Next week is hell in and out of the cockpit. Gotta prep like mad.

14. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: just got back from 12th stepping a wet drunk and finally convinced him to check into a rehab center so he could detox under medical supervision. Physical cravings, depression. Anxiety and suicidal thoughts. Ah, the bad old days. 31, the dude has his whole life ahead of him.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: My kitchen sink fell off. As in the contractors that redid the kitchen didn't use proper construction adhesive to attach the sink under the marble counter, only silicon. Queue me washing out a stew pot, and the whole sink dropped about 3 feet, and cracked the drain pipe. I now have a racing jack and a 4x4 holding my sink up. Fun times.

17. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I would like to give a big shout-out to Ann Taylor Loft for opening early this morning in order to accomodate those of us who didn't purchase Mother's Day gifts prior to the actual event.

That table of coordinated cardigans, scarves, and dressy tops next to the cash register was obviously meant for me. I rushed in there like a whirlwind after church, desperate to find something...anything...so that I wouldn't be the "bad child" who forgot Mother's Day. I ran in, cobbled together a cute outfit from the things on that table, paid, got that shit gift-wrapped, and was back in my car in under ten minutes.

And my Mom cried. "Did you look in my closet and see that my mauve cardigan was fraying and I needed a new one?" ".....Yes. Yes, I did. Hope you like it!"

Fuck. Yes.

Rant: The Dude. Oh, The Dude. He is making me feel all funny on the insides and I don't like it one bit.

18. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: People like lust4life

19. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Don't you love it when your three bags of weed are almost empty, but then you find a fourth bag of weed you forgot you had, and it still has a fair bit left in it?

20. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Birthday weekend was awesome. Didn't drink too much, but had a blast with everyone I was out with.

Rant: Detroit stays alive again. I was at game four and they won there, then managed to steal one on the road in San Jose for game five. Just die already, fuck.

Rave: After taking the better part of 5 seconds to painstakingly go over the pros and cons, my roommate and I have decided to go to game six tomorrow. Game four was fucking insane with Detroit going up to 3-0 after one, then San Jose coming back to tie it. If this game is even half as exciting as that one was, then everybody wins.