Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: stuck in Florala, AL at a podunk airport because my instructor overtorqued the helo's transmission.

Rave: there's a cute girl working here who were chatting up. She's pretty funny to talk to cuz she's a local Alabama girl, thus, pretty naive and blonde.

Rant: the airport is an hour and a half from home and we are number three on the pickup list. Looks like were here for a good 4 more hours.

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- Thor looks Thorrible

3. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant My interwebs connection shat the bed a few weeks ago.

Rave Since then, I took the Fire Fighter's Agility Test and passed. They won't tell you what your time was, but it was under the allotted 7 min 30 seconds, because I was asked back to take the written test. For what its worth, that shit was fucking hard. Most difficult test I've ever taken. I was sore for three days.

Rant The Chief told us because of budget reasons, there won't be another Academy Class until Feb or March of 2012. This is fucking bullshit. Starting salary for a firefighter here is roughly $26,000. There are plenty of city council members, etc that make six figures per year, yet they want to cut positions for people willing to risk their lives for relatively shitty pay. Ghey.

Rave I did all I could do. I did my best and its out of my hands. I trained and prepped for that test for 3 months and I passed. I didn't sleep well for those months and the night after was the best sleep of my life.

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: WTF, i have TiB on autolog on. And when i get home from work today, it says my password is incorrect(i really dont remember it, cause it is saved), so i have to reset my password.

5. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: My job forces me to deal with some strange people.

Two sisters came into my office today looking for a place to stay. In the course of five minutes I learned that one used to be a stripper and the reason they needed a place was because the non-ex-stripper's husband tried to strangle her to death last night. Non-ex-stripper then showed me the lesions on her neck.

What the fuck?

Rant:

Rural Oklahoma strippers look like you think they would.

6. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: I ran outside today for the first time since July. It was
    awesome and a perfect day.

7. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: 1 hour in 1 week is unacceptable. I wonder what the hell is going on.

RANT: I want to hold out longer but I don't think I can.

RAVE: Posting on page 666 in the R&R thread.

8. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: The Mavs! I'm super excited over the prospects of winning this series, and I hope they can finally win a championship!

I know I just posted, but I'm stoked about my fav team. Btw, why is there funky spacing when you post with a phone? It didn't look weird when I did it...

9. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is my page Bitches!!!!

On another note, Rave: Finally home after sitting at the outlying field for 7 hours.

Rave I think: Won't have anything to do tomorrow until at least 1230 pm...and since I'm flying to Nashville on Friday, they might just cancel me tomorrow altogether.

10. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Posting on this page in the thread

Rant: Hate not being able to sleep. Tomorrow is not going be fun.

Rave: My new desktop will finally be here next week. I can't wait.

11. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Roommate's girlfriend has been visiting (she lives 6 hours away) and she's leaving tomorrow! She's a great girl, but our house is fairly small and she has a 1 year old daughter. She's about the best 1 year old I've ever met, but "quiet time" starting at 8:30 every night gets old real fast.

RAVE: I started swimming regularly in January, and it is paying the fuck off. I wish I had taken a "before" picture, or even weighed myself, so I could know exactly how far I've come, but whatever. My guess is I've lost 10-15 pounds, and I definitely put on some muscle. Now I'll have a much easier time tricking women into having sex with me.

RAVE: 6th post on the 666th page. I am the devil. You may sell your soul to me via rep if you wish.

12. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: GET OFF OF MY LAWN!

#9532 Queen-Bee, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Chater, you smooth criminal, you

Ravier: I'm going to see Third Eye Blind tonight at the Sound Academy. Quite excited over this. Going to be unreal.

#9533 JDTheHero, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Now THAT is the Chater I know.

15. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Scored awesome tickets to game 4 of San Jose vs Detroit tomorrow. They did not come cheap, but going to an elimination game as my first (and long overdue) NHL game with one of my top picks set to win the series makes it worth it.

Rave: Birthday this weekend.

? : My parents are in town on Sunday for dinner for mother's day/my birthday and will be meeting the girlfriend for the first time. We'll be hung over as fuck, but I'm confident she'll make a good impression since my parents have loved every girl I've brought home. Still though, it's always mildly nerve wracking.

16. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I found a girl who is equally crazy as me, but better looking. And we're kinda starting to be all in love and shit.

17. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Got pulled over on my way to work today.

Reason?

No registration sticker at all on my truck.

Well that is odd, as I have a brand new 2012 sticker on there.

The officer told me that there was nothing on there, and it looked like I had been scraped off, and I was OK as I had the paperwork, but I needed to get a new sticker. He asked if I put my new stickers over the old ones. I do that.

Apparently thieves target those because they can scrape off the whole stack and not damage the newest ones, and then glue them onto their cars.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Mythbusters is one of my guilty pleasures. For the most part, it's drivel on a loop, but every now and then they do some shit that is either downright fucking cool (blowing up a cement truck being at the top of that list), or just plain entertaining. Last night's episode was one that made me giggle a bit. First, the hydroforming that Jamie did was pretty cool. But the whole concept of having a rocket powered surface torpedo on a lake seems like fun.

I have a lake. It has rowers that practice multiple times a day. Plans are afoot.

RANT: 5 fucking bears came through my yard this morning while I was grabbing a coffee. No pics (phone was charging), but fuck me if a momma bear, 3 cubs, and a 2(?) year old didn't just wander through in a group. This is getting insane, and it's time to dig up a crossbow.

Attached Files:

19. jrussellmikkelsen

jrussellmikkelsen
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: My roommates are moving out. They are a couple. Never thought living with a couple could be good, but they've been pretty much the best roommates ever. Well, certainly the girl, the guy less so because he never cleans. But she does the dishes all the time and is always nagging him to clean more so I don't have to. It's a win-win! Well, it was.

RANT: And now my rent's gonna go up too!

MAJOR CRAZY RANT: Did I mention the guy never cleans? Our apartment is small and cleaning it is easy, so I have always been the one to sweep the apt and clean the bathroom. It doesn't bother me much and they're so great in every other respect that I wasn't about to complain. But now they're moving out and I'm interviewing potential replacements this weekend so I asked them via email to please do a thorough cleaning of the whole house before then. The girl responded right away with, "Of course! No problem!" That was yesterday, today the guy emails me... copy and paste:
    SCREW YOU GUY!!!!!! CLEAN THE EFFING HOUSE!! You've never lifted a FINGER to clean this place, you leave dirty dishes in your room and your desk with food left to dry and rot. YOU NEVER CLEAN JACK! And now you want to COMPROMISE?!!! EFF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RAVE: Happy Cinco de Drinko everyone!
    [​IMG]