Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. amberisma

amberisma
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: Just got raped by my Pchem test. Seriously. He deliberately told us we were not going to have to do a diffusion constant calculation for the test, so naturally, I didn't review that material. JUST KIDDING! He fucking put that exact question on the test. I left it blank. 25 points down the drain right there. Our whole class (of 12 people) was just sitting in the classroom looking around at everyone completely clueless the entire time because no one knew how to do anything. So what did our professor do? He just sat behind his desk. And laughed. THE WHOLE FUCKING TIME. What a dick. Looks like I'll be having a nice meeting with the Chemistry department.

I got a whole 2 hours of sleep last night because I was studying so much (glad it helped), and now I have another test tomorrow morning that I'm just getting around to studying for, a paper due on Friday, a religion essay final Monday, a cumulative Biochem final Tuesday, and my favorite Pchem final which is also cumulative on Wednesday. Maybe I'll be lucky and get an hour or two of sleep a night for the next week. I thought I was supposed to be a senior?

Rave: Don't so much have a rave right now, but I will probably raise my middle finger to everything I have to do and just drink until I pass out tonight. That fixes everything, right?

2. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My Christmas came early... a big fucking hooray for not being knocked up!

3. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I woke up today well rested, feeling good to put yesterdays monumental hangover behind me. And then everything went to shit. I feel like the world is going insane. Got a call from the bank around 1:30 to inform me that my account was 193 dollars in the red and they suspect someone has fucking invaded my checking account. Well no shit, yesterday I had over 300 bucks in there. Luckily I'm poor or I would have lost a lot more. I remember something similar happened to one of you guys, but for a lot more. So yeah, kind of feel your pain now.

Buttttt I filed a fraud claim and my bank is being really cool about it. Will give me a provisional reimbursement in 10 days not only for the money stolen, but for penalty charges for being in the negative. Then they'll investigate, hopefully find this cocksucker(s), and I will get to reap gloriously revenge. I can only hope that the law which has so resoundingly fucked me so far in my life will actually help me for once. It's refreshing being on this side.

Theennnnn after filing paperwork and all that shit at the bank, I'm heading up to campus and I see the gnarliest fucking car crash I've ever seen. Car was pulling out and got fucking nailed on the front corner by a truck. Then I watched as the guy in the truck frantically made signs with his hands indicating he couldn't stop, and bashed into the steel telephone pole at about 30 mph, which then fell into the middle of the intersection. Fucking insane man. All this happened within about 40 feet of me as I sat there on my bike in shock. Luckily nobody was seriously hurt.

So yeah, all that happened in the last 2 hours. Weird how days just turn like that.

Edit: I have absolutely no idea how the money was stolen or anything, that is for the bank to figure out. Hopefully they'll let me know when they do. I just want my fucking money back.

4. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: Bought a buddy's DSLR camera for a decent price. Decided I didn't need the lens, especially since the purchase price left me with about $30 in my bank account. After posting it on craigslist, wading through the Nigerian scams, I was able to unload it for cash-money this afternoon (less than 24 hours after posting). Thank god, I needed the cash.

RANT: Still need to sell more 1 more lens, and my old camera body before I can pay my bills. Fuck me. I just gotta remind myself it's worth it, and will make it easier on me during those long-ass photo shoots with 1200 shots in a day.

RAVE: Have 2 more photo-gigs lined up. This photography thing is taking off for me whether I like it or not.

5. FoamyBologna

FoamyBologna
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Today is a Woot off! www.woot.com for those of you that don't know about this marvel of a website.

6. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    Finally got it!!! The most expensive key I have ever owned.
    Now the fun starts.

7. youaresomoney

youaresomoney
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Semester almost over, just got finals.

Rant: Finals...

8. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT & RAVE: Visited my grandpa with Alzheimer's today. Since he moved to the nursing home in town, I try to visit him once a week since most of the family is a couple hours away and can't see him very often. I enjoy visiting him, but at the same time it's very depressing to see someone I've known my whole life be so out of it mentally. It's difficult to explain unless you've experienced it. It's almost as if an alien has taken over his body and tries to pretend to be grandpa, but he only had a crash course in the general idea of his life and knows nothing of the specifics. Hopefully that makes sense to somebody reading this.

On the bright side, it can be very humorous to visit him. A couple stories from today: *kind of pertinent info: grandpa's room is a single 15X15 room with a small bathroom in it, only big enough for a toilet. And the only way to get into the room is the door from the hallway.*

It all started when one of the other residents was freaking out on one of the nurses in the hallway. He was yelling things like "Stay the hell away from me! I can do it on my own! I don't need anybody's help! If you don't back away I'll stab you!" Shit like that. The nurse kept saying that she had instructions to stay with him so she could help him in case he fell again. Anyway, when that funny drama was over, grandpa leaned in close to me and said:

"I don't know why they let that crazy son of a bitch in here anymore. The other day I came from the other building (I've figured out that when he says this he means he came back from dinner, which is on another floor. He thinks the floor change is a building change) and walked into my room. Well there in the kitchen was "Brian" and he was sleeping on my bed with his pants down taking a shit. RIGHT IN MY FUCKING KITCHEN!! So I picked him up by the ears and kicked him square in the ass as hard as I could. He flew from here to the wall before he even hit the ground. Stupid son of a bitch tried to shit in my kitchen. Luckily the nurse came and broke us up before I really got mad."

I wonder how much of that story is based in reality and how much he made up.

And just to illustrate how confused he is with directions and what not, we've had this conversation 3 times now:

"[MooseKnuckle], you wouldn't believe what this building can do"
    "What's that grandpa?"
    "Well the fucking walls must be on hinges or something because every night when I go to sleep they fold in and the roof folds down somehow. And the whole building moves over six inches. Then, it must be on some kind of swivel, because the whole fucking building rotates 90 degrees and then the walls and roof fold back up to normal."
    "That's pretty weird"
    "Well it pisses me off because every morning the fucking bathroom is in a different fucking corner!"

I guess that's how he justifies not knowing where the bathroom is or something. It's fucking funny to listen to him tell these stories in such great detail and with such conviction, but it makes me sad too. I guess he was looking out the window the other day and saw his reflection in the glass and tried to punch it because "He was staring at me funny". Can't make this shit up guys.

9. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Fucking finals. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Fuck.

Rave: They will soon be over and I will play Edward 40hands to celebrate. Eagerly anticipating the first swig of beer in three weeks. (Does this make me an alcoholic?)

10. sharald27

sharald27
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: I have to redo a class because my teacher is an unorganized, blazed out of her mind, retarded teacher that deserves to burn in the pits of hell with her fucking muumuu's and her dyke hair cut.

Rave: Teacher evaluations are tomorrow. There's a section that you get to write comments about the teacher you had and he or she will read it later.

11. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave:

It's my birthday!

Rant:

I don't see any tits or ass on here.

12. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: It's 58ยบ in my house but my roommates refuse to turn the heater on because it's inefficient, but refuse to let me call the owners of the house to even ask about just how inefficient it might be. They share a bed and have 2 dogs, I sleep alone in the coldest room of the house. I can't wait for my space heater to get here.

13. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: I work as an associate in a school district in the Midwest, and school was called off Wednesday and Thursday because of the great blizzard of 2009. Nothing like getting drunk in the middle of the week and sleeping in until the middle of the day instead of waking up at 6:30 and going to school.

Rant: It took me an hour to snow blow the snow off the driveway and sidewalks. A chore that normally takes 15 minutes. At some points the snow was up to my knees and I kept running into ice chunks the size of soccer balls that would instantly cause the snow blower to die. That, on top of the horrendous wind that made it so whichever direction I was blowing the snow in it would inevitably end up in my face, and this afternoon kind of sucked.

However I'm drinking rum and cokes to thaw out and watching Paul Walker's finest theatrical performance in Running Scared. Life isn't too shabby.

14. swood

swood
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: No more lectures this semester!!

Rant: 1 more lab write-up, due tomorrow, going to get this one in on time aswell. Looks like a bitch of a write up though, especially as I fucked up all my labs. 2 polymer and soft solid workshops due tomorrow, but I can have fun with at least one of them:

That just begs for my smart-ass sense of humour.

Rave: Once everything is handed in tomorrow I can relax, go see Carriers in the cinema, and then Russell Howard (english comedian) on Sat night, and I don't work til a week today.

Rant: 4 exams to revise for January, which I want to kick ass in (rave: 2 less than previous years) and my PGCE application to write and submit mean my christmas holiday is less drinking and partying and more studying and watching movies.

#934 swood, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    RAVE: I bought myself MW2 yesterday for the PC. It is AWESOME. I haven't even tried the Special Ops yet - I decided to do the campaign first. SO MANY WEAPONS. It also helps that you can carry MUCH more ammo (the old game you were limited to 840 rounds if you had 2 weapons using the same type of ammo - e.g. G36, M4A1 and M16A4; Mini-Uzi and MP5SD, etc.) - I've had over 1100 rounds with an M4A1 w/ grenade launcher and another M4A1 with the red dot sight. Pretty awesome.

RANT: Steam sucks a giant fat cock. I had to reinstall TWICE because Steam fucked out. It took nearly two hours from start to finish. Fuck. It was also fucking expensive - both for Steam in terms of the data charge and for the game itself.

RAVE: It was worth it.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Rant:It's 19 fucking degrees with a wind chill in the single digits.

If I wanted to put up with this shit I would've stayed in Idaho.

Oh well, at least I had the good sense to leave my water run all night and I can flush my toilet and take a shower this morning.

17. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I am currently listening to a lady in our accounting department hack up every bit of mucous in her body, as well as sneeze obnoxiously loud. If you're that sick, why the hell would you come in to work?? To infect everyone else? Maybe if she didn't smoke like a chimney, she wouldn't sound like an 80 yr-old lung cancer patient thus making my day even more enjoyable.

Rave: I took the week after Christmas off. I can't wait to have a week off from this hell hole.

18. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: I have been in the bathroom since about 6:30 this morning, when I was about to leave for work. I always wondered what a shart was. Now I know, and it isn't all it's hyped up to be. It seems like I'm ending 2009 the same way I began it: emptying out my body by both ends. I called in to work, and tried to explain my condition as politely as possible. There is no way of saying, "I need to be 3 feet away from a bathroom at all times today because I can NOT stop puking and pooping," and not sound like a disgusting slob. I am chugging Immodium in the hopes that this will end by the time I meet my study group and take my hardest final exam of the semester this evening. Today needs to be over. Now.

19. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: MY EX IS A BIG FAT OVERWEIGHT LYING WHORE OF A CUNT.

That is all.

20. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got a 97 on my research paper. I calculated that a 38 or better on the final still gets me an A in the class. Still going to study for it, but at least the pressure is off.