Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: The new bed came in 27 different pieces with over 100 bits of hardware. Holy hell, are we building the space shuttle here?

Rave: New bed.

2. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fucking God damn Winter Itch. The first time this year it has hit me and I am going fucking nuts. I can't stop scratching, I have nothing to stop it and the stores near me are closed.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After two more calls today I finally got the water on. Hopefully I will get a credit.

Rave: A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Rant: I swear to god I swear that Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown the other day. Time is going by too fast.

And what scares me more about this, that basic is coming up, or that the wedding is coming up?

The wedding. I don't want a huge wedding. If it weren't for the fact that you had to have witnesses Jägerette and I would just have a private ceremony. But we have a lot of family that we love and can't let down.

4. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Writing a paper.
    Rave: I've succeeded in getting myself a little drunk while writing.
    Rant: The girlfriend thinks I'm "being dumb" for drinking while writing a paper.
    Rave: I got a 93 the last time I did this.

5. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

rant lost our basketball game tonight by 4. They shot lights-motherfucking-out. 13-18 from the three point line. One kid hit 9 himself. We played great defense, they were just on fire. Goddamn.

rave beer cures all. And cute waitresses who say, "hey coach, I'll get your usual" when you walk in? Life is good.

Now let's win a fucking game again. Fuck losing.

6. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Roommate has a lady friend over; she's been over before. If I remember correctly, after they're done with the giggling and jokes, I'll get a rousing chorus of bed crashing, moaning and other. I'm happy for him and all but my sleep is a lot more precious to me than his desire too get laid.

Rave: Fixed the bass up a bit, now it's a hell of a lot easier to play some slap notes on it.

7. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Over the past year all of the close friends I have made in college have dropped out/moved etc. The only people left are my friend Matt and his ex. I am extremely close to both of them. His ex has begun spending the night at my house occasionally (just to cuddle). This girl and I were both dumped right around the same time and became very close because we had to pick up each others pieces so to speak. Now I am beginning to develop feelings for her that I'm pretty sure I should suppress. Whats a guy to do?

8. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE:
    STEEL MOTHERFUCKING PANTHER
    I'm sitting here, in snake skin print pants, a sleeveless Metallica shirt with my mullet wig at the feet of my bed. My ears are ringing like there's no tomorrow, and I'm about 90% sure I'm going to have a helluva a time studying for my exam tomorrow afternoon with the inevitable hangover, but man do those guys put on one badass show. The guitarist is mediocre, the only redeeming quality of the bassist is the fact that he sits there fixing his hair with a hand-held mirror and hairspray between every song, and the drummer did nothing memorable talent wise, but they are entertaining as fuck. Playing most of the songs off their album, plus an encore of Kickstart My Heart, Jump and Paradise City, rocking from start to finish. The crowd interaction and mid-song banter was definitely what set them apart from other bands.

I cannot wait for the next time for those guys to come here. They are a must-see for anyone who enjoys 80's/really early 90's rock bands like Motley Cure and Guns N' Roses.

9. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: SNOW DAY!!!

Rant: I really needed to talk to my 3D animation instructor today. My final project is fucked.

10. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: Didn't walk the dogs last night because I figured -30 Celsius (-20 Farenheit) would be too cold on their paws. How the hell do people fall asleep if they haven't walked/run at least 5k? Those people must be on drugs or something. 1am wasn't fun to see.

Rant: Cordless drill ran out of power before I could finish putting the bed together.

Rave: Fuck it, life is still awesome.

11. Dayvan

Dayvan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Finally went to Brickskeller in DC last night, accompanied by a close group of friends. After contemplating their huge list of beers I finally went with a Russian Baltica No.9, which has officially become my favorite lager.

Their Bacon Cheddar Burger was amazing as well.

12. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave?: 12:15am. My other roommate and I walked around the house to test her vocal range. We live in a 40 year old, three story house that is roughly 2300 sq/ft (there are five of us living there). There was not a single corner of the house that we could not hear her in.

Congrats roommate, you have had sex with the loudest women possible. Retribution shall be mine!

Edit: For Dcc001, don't say I haven't done anything for you.

13. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Fuck me. In the last 24 hours, I've 2 phone interviews with a Fortune 500 company for a job here in WA, that I am qualified for. First one went well, 2nd one, not so much, it's never good when they only talk to you for 10 minutes. I also had to go the ER due to dehydration, and I found out that an ex is moving to DC and getting married to the little shit she dated before me. The ex thing isn't really that big of a deal, but still, didn't need the bullshit.

Rave: Interviewed for an apprenticeship last month, and found out I am number 4 on their list, so hopefully it won't take too long for them to call me, I'd really like to start working again.

Rave: Realized I've had a good woman in my life who's wanted to date me for a long time. Moving on feels good.

14. nate84405

nate84405
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave - Girlfriend and I have finally gotten everything worked out and things are on the upswing.

Rave - After a year of waiting she finally got her settlement check, I no longer have to worry about money.

Rant - She is leaving tomorrow for 3 weeks in Mexico, I get to stay home and work

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

My pipes froze, my heat is struggling to keep up with the demand for it and I woke with a sore throat because I'm trying to catch a cold. I about tired of this motherfucking shitpussy cocksucking bitchass cold weather front. I don't know how the fuck you people up there deal with this shit. No wonder you say your o's and/or(?) u's weird. That's the rant.

I read a local news story last night that some 10 year old kid pulled a Christmas Story move and got his tongue stock to a metal pole. We breed intelligence I tell ya. This is the rave.

*That's right I used it. I'm ninja like that.

16. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: My last final of the semester takes place in 2.5 hours, I haven't studied.

Rave: Don't need to, it's easy shit.

Rave: Stopped at the local discount beer center, picked up a case of Utica Club, a 12 pack of Genny cream ale, and a 750ml bottle of Ommegang Rare Vos. Good thing I have absolutely zero responsibilities tomorrow.

17. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait a second, you ate there? I frequent that bar.... I would have ate there until I found out there is a family of mice that lives on the first floor. Instead of exterminating them, they put out a plate of food for them. Just remember that next time you have a burger there.

As for the beer list, I must agree it is awesome.

Rave: Brickskeller has Ten Fiddy on draft. My all time favorite stout, named because of it's 10.50 alcohol content. Sure it pours like motor oil, but it tastes like happiness. I think I may head there tonight and check up on old Squeeks Mcghee (the name we gave the head mouse).

18. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

19. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I am working on securing a Gov contractors contract for my company. I was working through what we would need, and giving design suggestions for applications and the guy mentioned they could use someone like me with my knowledge at their company.

I looked at the starting salary. Wow. Too bad I have a commitment.

Rave: I don't know how many of you listen to Coast to Coast Am, but when going through the email pool I noticed he has an order with us, so I pulled it and handled it. Probably the only celebrity that he ever bought something from my company.

20. Dayvan

Dayvan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: My memory of that burger is now tainted.

Rave: I sell a lot of things via Craigslist and this week I moved a lot of items. On top of that, one of my buyers during our post-sale banter reminded me of this: One of my favorite Mitch Hedberg clips.