Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. bigtom0404

bigtom0404
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT/RANT?: Anyone catch the f-bomb dropped by the UConn player during the game?

2. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: UConn mother fucking yes. I love this God damn team. WOOOOHHHHHHH

3. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant Woke up way to early with another coughing fit. Loaded up on Mucinex and hot tea, but don't think I'll be able to get back to sleep.

Rant The guy in the apartment below me. He works odd hours as a nurse or something, but god damn if he doesn't ALWAYS have a ton of other people in his apartment yelling in Chinese. The were loud when I went to bed at midnight, and they're still loud at 5.
    Not to mention they all smoke on the front porch with the door wide open, so it still smells like shit in the hall/stairway inside, and they leave cigarette butts all over the front steps.

God damnit.

Rave Finally getting over this stupid cold.

4. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today the Frebis turns 27.

In my short life I feel like I have accomplished more than most of you will in your life time.

My girlfriend is taking me to a beer tasting and then to a dinner at my favorite in town brewery. Then we will have sexy time all night.

If I wasn't currently at work and it was warm enough to play golf this would be the best day ever.

5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: That spring air smell. Nothing like it.

6. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

????: Maturity hasn't robbed Frebis of his smugness.

7. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    UCONN!

Rave:
    Won my office pool. What's that? Oh, I'll gladly accept $350. Fuck yes.

Rant:
    Home sick. Cough, sore throat, chills--this fucking sucks. I don't think it's allergies.

8. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Woman, well, the way she acts - child. We were once good friends and now I cannot stand the sight of her; she just enrages me like nobody else I have ever met; which is something, considering my personality. She is such a stuck up, self-entitled cunt.

Rant: I've been waiting for news on my applications to go back to university. Thus far, denied by one school and need to send more paperwork into the second. It really bummed me out, hearing that news. Time to buck up and man the fuck up. I've got projects I really need to start, learn myself some more C-programming and circuit design. I know what I can do and what I need to do; maybe this will be a good catalyst for that.

Rant: I really hate my job. I'm constantly looking for something new and it's incredibly frustrating.

9. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Taking the oldest for his first orthodontist appointment this afternoon. Those will be fun checks to write.

10. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rantish?: The fat man (my manager) has suddenly stripped me of my regular schedule. I now only work weekends. Why? Well, it seems when I went on vacation he became angry with me because he had to work so much more. He then called me and said "it doesn't seem like you want to be here anymore so I am taking you off of Mondays and Tuesdays." I opted to enjoy my trip and worry about his mental state upon my return. The man is SERIOUSLY out of his mind. He has been leaning on me for three fucking years and is butthurt I took five days off?

On myy rerturn to work he is maintaining that there "is no record of me requesting those days" despite the fact that every coworker I had knew what days I'd be gone and that I was actually scheduled to be off those days.

Rave: I don't give a fuck. I am so beyond bored with that place, I only stick around for the cash. Time to get my resume ready, I want a job that doesn't require a kitchen. Already got some leads and many reputable folk that want to be references for me.

I just have to get the below straightened out to get back on track with school.

Rant: My Arrest. I apologise for anyone sifting through the drunk thread for my story, I was a bit put off by the April Fool's foolishness and took a break for about a minute.

We were leaving Grand Junction after I had blacked out the night before. I only want to be home in my big fluffy bed. I'm on the highway where the speed limit is 65mph. There is a great big semi that I decide I must get around and romp on my V6. She delivers and we get around the truck, I start to slow down but it is too late, I am being lit up. FUCK!
    MrPIMPTRESS disposes of his nearly full can of beer by crushing it and shoving it under the seat. We rolled all the windows down as I am slowing down, pulling into a rest area.
    Officer friendly pulls us over and runs my license. He returns and asks me to step out of the car. This is a first, I have been pulled over many times, but never asked to get out. I immediatly think of how much I must've drank to blackout and start hoping my BAC is lowish.
    He asks me to do a roadside test and I try to comply. I am nervous, on rather uneven terrain and don't do this very well.Then he has me blow into the breathalyzer, which I passed. Hooray!
    He then explains that Ihave a warrant out for my arrest. For what?! I can't even think of why I would have one. Then, he reads me my rights and cuffs me.
    He goes and explains to Mr. PIMPTRESS that I have to go to jail, he must tow my car (Mr.PIMPTRESS does not have a license.) and that the other patrol car would wait for the tow truck with him and give him a ride to the jail.
    Then he takes me in to jail. I have never been to jail in my life. I decide that this should be interesting and roll with it.
    They give me a few more sobriety tests, measure my pupils with a penlight shining into my eyeball, and all kinds of weird shit so they can figure what drugs I am on. I just play along, joking, making one shy officer turn red every so often. Finally, they come back with "You're symptoms indicate you may be on marijuana." Really? I say. hhahahahaa
    Then they say they want to give me a blood test. Uh-oh. I hadn't smoked or drank in at least 12 hours by this time. They drive me to the local hospital, draw my blood and take me back.
    Then I am given the most horrible yellow uniform, with old granny panties and a sports bra underneath. I try not to think of who wore these panties before me and get attired.
    Then I sit in a cell with two crazy bitches, I opt to keep to myself after the short introductions.
    My man has me out within the hour. My bondsman has been on Dog the Bounty Hunter a few times, apparently.

So, I have to go back in a month to find out if they are giving me a DUAI and to take care of the speeding ticket.

edited to add: the warrant was fromm a 2008 traffic ticket that I must've forgotten to pay.

There it is, I am a sinner....

11. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I am having the worst two weeks that I have had in a long time.

Spoilered for length:

Last night, driving home from work, I notice my sister and her brother-in-law (which is also my ex), riding horses down my easement. I stop and chat with them for a little while. My sister's horse starts acting up. Her mare backs up across the front of my truck, rears, flips over backwards, and lands on the barbwire fence, with my sister still on her. My sister rolled out from under the horse, and slams against my truck. Meanwhile, the horse thrashed around in the barbed, and wraps its self up in it. My sister is screaming, crying, and bleeding. I checked her over quickly, made sure she wasn't going to die. My sister is screaming that her horse is suffering, and that she is going to die. I started yelling for my brother-in-law to call someone to get wire cutters. By now, the horse has ceased thrashing, and is just laying in the barb wire. I ended up sending my sister down the easement with the other horse, because she couldn't keep it together. I called my vet, got him on the way. I got a hold of my mother, who was in a college class. Me and my brother in law got wire cutters from his mom, and proceeded to cut the horse out. We managed to get her standing and barb wire free. Her leg was a mess. She couldn't stand on it. She was sliced clean to the bone, and it looked broken. My mom showed up, and I sent her down the easement to my sister, who was puking and crying non stop. Me and the brother in law attempted to hold the horse still until the vet showed up 40 minutes later. The vet said that her leg is not broken. However, her extension tendon is shredded. He wrapped her leg up, and we half dragged her to my barn which was a mile away. She can't even put her hoof on the ground. This went on until 2 am. The vet says that it is going to be a long haul to recovery. However, he has seen horses come back from it. This horse is my sister's baby. I'd like to see a miracle. My mom told me that she doesn't know how I managed to keep everything together and running smoothly. I don't know either.

Rant: More storms. More tornadoes. More claims.

Rant: My boss is furious with my entire office.

Rant: On top of everything else, my truck is making a god awful noise in the front end. Mechanic is looking at it today. I don't need anymore headaches

12. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Moved to a different team at work. I actually get to touch computers now instead of watching people touch computers!

Rant: My booking off work two hours early looks like it's coming to an end.

13. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rant: I had an awful headache last night and ended up going to bed around 8:30 because of it. I fell asleep pretty quickly so one would think the headache would be gone by morning. This was not the case, I woke up feeling hungover which really sucked because I didn't even get the pleasure of drinking last night.

Rant: My sinuses are also fucked up today. I think I went through half a box of Kleenex this morning at work.

Rant: I broke a tooth this morning chewing gum.

Rave: Dentist was able to get me in today to fix the damn thing

Rant: I'm still numb. I hate this feeling, especially because my stupid tongue is about 3/4 numb.

Rave: I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. I still haven't decided if I'm just getting it trimmed or if I'm going to get it cut above my shoulders. I keep going back and forth so I guess it will depend on my mood tomorrow.

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Saw a pretty girl in a sun dress today. Drove with the window down and my arm out. Wore a light jacket today. Relief!

Rant: Asked to do an LCA/LCI analysis at work today. Fuckkkkk.

Rave: Seeing my gf this coming weekend.

15. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: So the boys turned 6 months old just over a week ago and it looks like they are definitely caught up to full term babies already. For reference, they were born at 28 weeks and we were told it would probably take them at least two years to catch up size wise to kids their age. Well they are a little on the shorter side, but weight wise one is just over the 50th percentile and the other is at the 65th percentile. (right around 18lbs) Motor skill wise the only thing they weren't doing yet was rolling over, but with how much they spit up that's probably more due to us not wanting to put them on their stomachs very much. Otherwise there hasn't seem to be any other effects of being three months early. On top of that, they are now sleeping about eight hours during the night. Up to about 3 weeks ago they would maybe do four so this is a huge plus. I hadn't had more than three hours of uninterrupted sleep in about four months, so now I'm getting about five or six pretty much nightly. Now we just have teething coming up with twins so I have a feeling I better enjoy the sleep while I can.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Rant

I have offically named this winter Jason Vorheese because it slices through you with blades and WILL NOT FUCKING DIE no matter what.

GO AWAY. Snow sucks and winter sucks, I'm sick of you, please die a horrible death.

Rant

I am being eaten alive by a stomach bug right now. No food in three days. Hooray.

17. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I love Carmax. They've been great to me and The Guy.
    Bigger Rave: I have decided I heart my CX-9. I drove the 7 and well, The Guy's head was literally hitting the ceiling. That's a no go. Then I drove the 9 and it was amazingness.

Rant: I'm not going to lie. I'm going to miss driving topless with my leg out the door. But the comfort and overall safety and improvement make up for it.

18. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I never got to see shimmered drive around topless. Come to think of it, I've never seen any woman drive around topless.

19. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Every little thing today has been going wrong. Things are taking twice as long to do and shit that never breaks, does. To put my day into perspective, the following happened to me about ten minutes ago: As I stood at the urinal desperately attempting to navigate the dickhole in my boxers, I realized that I had managed to put my underwear on backwards this morning.

Fuck today.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rave: A lady at work brought in a crockpot full of chili for our quarterly potluck luncheon today. She ended up tripping over the cord and tragically/hilariously spilling it everywhere.

Rant: Its not acceptable for me to try and eat the spilled chili off the floor. (Not at work anyway...)