Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT/RAVE: Had a meeting with my boss today about my performance. It was reiterated that my week suspension was somehow designed to motivate me, because I am capable of a lot at this company. But said jackass boss wasn't sure if I really wanted to be with my company. (He is right to question this!) Fortunately I suggested a 30 day review period, and is was accepted. So I have at least a month of paid job hunting. (Something I know a lot of people in this economy would be very thankful for.)

RANT: That motherfucker told me to beg for my goddamned job! I am concerned he has lost control of his mental faculties!

RAVE: While I didn't make any acquiescence as far as my performance was concerned, AND I DAMN SURE DIDN'T BEG, I kept my cool. I was in no way shitty, or condescending. I presented my side of the story calmly, and in a very civil fashion. So hooray for personal growth I guess.

RAVE: Already have a few leads for good jobs, at better pay. So hopefully it will not be a choice of a job I hate, or unemployment.

2. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I picked my wife up from surgery and she did not have a new huge pair of tits.

Rave: Surgery went well, it was 4 hours long to remove some cysts and endometriosis, the doc came out and showed me all the cool pics. If you are going into medicine be a vag doc, they make some cake.

3. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Went to my first hockey game in a long time last night, fun times even though our team lost (Lake Erie Monsters). They have dollar hot dogs on Fridays... I need to be there for that.

Rave The girlfriend finally got her bed delivered after a week of being moved into her new place. No more sleeping on the shitty floor.

Rant Rave? Opening Day for the Tribe tomorrow...all I can manage right now is a "meh".

4. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My son turned 7 today! Time flies.

Rave/Rant: He asked for an electric guitar. Grandma and Grandpa actually got it for him.

Rant: It came with a small practice amp, and the AC adapter caused massive feedback.

Rave: It also works on a little 9 volt battery without the feedback issue, so he was able to mess around with it a bit before bed.

Rant: I get to deal with Peavey customer service tomorrow about it, and I'm sure it will be a fucking headache.

Rant: 6 to 10 inches of fucking snow tomorrow. Seriously, what the fuck?

5. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: No CPAP mask for the last week. I feel like the walking dead.

6. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

MEGA-RAVE: Just picked this up today. Only 1,911 of them will be built in the world. Porsche reports 0 - 60 in 4.0 seconds, while Road and Track reports it at 3.7 seconds.

Just drove it pretty hard after dinner tonight and for once, a car scared me. Holy shit, this is fast...way faster than any other 911 I've ever owned. I friggin LOVE it.

EVEN BETTER RAVE: My parents come tomorrow for the weekend. I'm telling you, if there are cooler parents in this world, someone is the luckiest mo-fo on earth.

REALIZATION RAVE: I just might be the most fortunate person ever. I hope I never forget that.

Attached Files:

7. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Successfully rode the escalator today.

8. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Made out with the cute girl on my kickball team I had my eye on.

RANT: I'm actually raving about making out with a chick. What am I, 16?

RANT: Not sure there's much of a future other than random hookups, which is fine, but I kind of dig the girl. Sucks it likely won't evolve into anything more.

RANT:
    I just admitted to TiB that I want a relationship.

9. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT Friends that bail at the last minute on things you agreed to do 24 hours ago.

10. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I learned an important life lesson today: wine tastings are EXCELLENT places to meet hot women.

11. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

MEGARANT: fuck this week. Seriously.

12. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Woo boy. My experiments are really bogging down my thesis.
    Rave: Weekend birthday party with one of my best friends.

13. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Wife and I paid for floor tickets to see Sevendust at the ACC last night and they fucking no-showed. We ended up watching Disturbed's set and then walked out as soon as we saw a Korn logo. Fucking waste of money.

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: One of my professors decided to do a lecture yesterday on the impact of the "lesser known" economist Loof Lirpa. He said this was some obscure European economist who came up with the idea for free market trading and all that jazz, but that he was frequently overlooked in the history books.

One of my classmates actually raised their hand to ask if it would be on the test.

I figured it out the minute he wrote the name on the board (even if it was a day early), but several students actually took notes on this shit. Normally this professor's sense of humor annoys me, but he just did 15 minutes on Loof Lirpa (and getting people to buy it) while wearing a shirt with a picture of Boris Badenov from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show on it. I think I underestimated him.

15. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: April Fool's jokes are dumber every year. Oh, you wicked prankster, you! Still not funny, just dumb. Calling someone an idiot over it is especially mental.

Rave: LOTS of great photos from my mountain adventure.

Rave: About to have some Afternoon Delight. Rawr.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Umm....I think you were going to post in the WDT about, something? Get on it Sister.

And yes I posted a none R or R in the R&R thread, because I can. Not you.

17. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: What a fantastic use of grad school tuition.

18. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Oh, did I want a weekend to myself? Obviously not. I am busy as fuck from 6 P.M. tonight till God-knows-when Sunday evening. FUCK MY INABILITY TO SAY NO.

Rant: My mother is a cunt. Really. I'm not even going to articulate why this is so, because I'm pretty sure dwelling on the issue will force me to start taking medication to lower my blood pressure. But seriously, fuck her.

RANT: Snow?! WHAT BULLFUCKERY IS THIS?!?!?

Rant: Finances.

Rant: That time of the month.

Rant: I can normally think of something, but there isn't a single fucking thing I can rave about today. Not a goddamned thing. Woe betide the next jagoff who crosses my path today.

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry to do this twice in a day, but:

Rant/Rave?: Wife is driving with her parents up to Detroit to visit family. I'm staying behind to study for an exam next week and work on the two big papers I have due within the next two weeks. On the one hand, it is two nights of living like a single guy again. On the other hand, I have serious studying to do, and I actually enjoy spending time with my wife, so this might suck.

If you see lots of random stupid posts from me in the drunk thread, this is why.

20. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Is this day ever going to end.

RAVE: Went to the bank over lunch and got pre-approved on a loan for a new motorcycle.

RANT: I want to keep the custom tank on my old motorcycle but I can't find one on e-bay to replace it with.

RAVE: I'm pumped about getting a new bike. I doubt buyers remorse will exist on this one.