Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Florida is getting its assed kicked by mother nature. Multiple tornadoes since yesterday. Including one in my neighborhood. The sister's in laws were effected by it, but nothing too major. My job sucks right now. All I have been doing is taking claims since 4pm yesterday.

Rave: My property was untouched. Just alot of water.

2. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Same here! Mine even have bright orange velcro.

Rant:
    My helmet is too tight.

3. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've been holding on to this mega huge Rave for a while: I'm going to be a daddy. Wife is due in October, and all signs point to a perfectly healthy pregnancy so far. I am super excited, super nervous, and super broke since we're saving as much as we can to make sure that we can afford the massive cost that is an infant when the time comes. Very very happy about this.

Rave: Nothing quite makes you realize how much an old, cheap mattress sucks quite like getting a new one. I've been bugging my wife for a while that our mattress sucks, and I convinced her that if we're going to not spend money for a six months, I'm getting a new fucking mattress. I've slept like the dead for the past week. Added bonus: When they delivered the set, they didn't bring a low-profile box-spring. As a result, we are now sleeping over four feet off the ground. Wife needs to use a chair as a step-stool to get into bed.

4. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After a year of work, and a 5 month delay, and hundreds of hours of photography and editing on my part, we have finally gotten the new company website up, and it looks great.

Rant: Unfortunately the upper management decided not to carry over any of the several hundred thousand accounts with their history over. Our customer service department is getting hammered with angry calls.

Rave: I don't have to take calls.

5. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reading this just sent chills down my spine. If you've never worked in a call center, this would be similar to dealing with repeat customers right after management decided to put out a bunch of barbed wire in the parking lot that people have to crawl under to get into the store.

6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Nailed my mega presentation yesterday. I was the last of three companies to give an hour presentation and then field questions for 45 minutes (each company presented on a different day). I was forewarned that the previous salesman and two engineers that came in from my competitor put nearly everyone to sleep and generally sucked. Luckily it was just me presenting and then fielding questions so I kept my answers short and pace upbeat. No one fell asleep and we had to be kicked out of the conference room by another group because we were all shooting the shit and hanging out afterward.

Rave: Had one of the best steak meals ever last night to celebrate. I'm a steak snob and was figuring that it would be yet another good but not great meal. I was wrong. It was a top 5.

Rant:
    Waitresses complaining about tips out in an area where customers can hear them. Listen ladies I know it sucks when some cheap prick drops $120 on a meal for two and then stiffs you for 10% but complain about it out back or something. I always tip well but like to pretend that I'm not just a stack of currency in your eyes. Good thing the steak was so good.

7. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Made it home. 5 day roadtrip in the mountains, 4 different towns. The beautiful part was the no children part...

Rant/Rave?: Little Miss Sweet and Innocent was popped by a State Trooper and subsequently arrested. This was my first time wearing cuffs in the back of a Dodge Charger and it was a bit cramped. I got to go to jail for awhile, even! Thankfully Mr. PIMPTRESS managed to get me bailed out within 2 hours of being a jailbird.

Fuck. Pricey shit.

edited to add: I think the rave is that I don't wear shoes that assume I am too stupid to ride an escalator. I don't understand, are they stupid tall? Have an excess of ribbons and shit on them? I love my heels, got some real tall, sexy ones and have never required a "how to" outside of BALANCE.

8. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Just went over to the General Discussion board to see if this weekends drunk thread was up yet. Then I realized it wasn't even Friday yet. Fuck this week.

9. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: I'm taking a discretionary day tomorrow which means that my weekend started two hours ago!

Rant: I was going to take today off too so I could have a four day weekend but I got jerked around and wasn't allowed to do it. The worst part is that they could have done fine without me, I spent more time trying to find something to do today than actually working.

Rave: There's a good chance I'll be making a phone call on Sunday stating that I won't be in on Monday...instant four day weekend!

Rave: I'm finally working my way through the Lost DVDs I got for Christmas. I started Monday and I just finished season one. I love this show.

10. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Opening Day of Baseball Season is here at last!

11. JC62

JC62
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I hate when people post shit like this without any details. PIMPTRESS you got some 'splaining to do...

12. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Our drunk thread will be interesting this week...I promise to explain.

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Had a job interview last week that went great. By the end, the woman interviewing me was clearly wanting to hire me, and we were even discussing terms of my employment and negotiating salary. She said she'd call back this week to arrange a second interview with her boss. She hasn't called back yet. My guess is that my school schedule has worried them a bit, as I am a full time student and working around that to get their mandated training would be extremely difficult.

Rave: I didn't really want that job anyway. It was a position as a Case Manager with a mental health center, basically doing paperwork and working with mentally disabled children and teens. While the job of actually working with the kids and families was good, the fact was I'd spend 4 hours a day doing what I enjoyed (working with the families and kids) and 4 hours a day doing mindless paperwork and going to meetings about how they were changing the mindless paperwork to make it more complicated. Plus she said my client list would be nearly double what it was at my old job, and my client list at my old job had me working 45 hours a week, but only getting paid for 40. I saw no way that wouldn't happen with this job.

Rave: Applied at a local video store and was called back today for an interview. I would SO much rather work part or full time for a video store than do that Case Management shit again. Pay isn't as good, but it will be infinitely more flexible and infinitely less stressful.

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3 for 3 today

Attached Files:

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does a $120 meal take more effort to serve than a $40 meal?

Rant:
    I hate working on sunny days.
    Rave:
    Opening day tomorrow. OPENING DAY TOMORROW. YAY!

16. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Found out that the best friend I have made since moving out here talked to his doctors this weekend and isn't expected to make it past December. 31 yr old Marine Sgt. combat vet, father of 2. Fucking cancer, fuck.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: I know why.

#8957 Nettdata, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  18. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My cat just brought me a mockingbird chick. The damn thing was still alive. Evidently, she is unfamiliar with Atticus Finch.

In the cat's defense, Atticus was also unfamiliar with mockingbirds. They don't have pretty songs. All they do is squawk and we have two nests in close proximity.

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Baseball starts tomorrow...there goes ESPN.
    Rave: March madness still lives on!!

Rant: 0530 sim tomorrow. F-in a.

Rant: It's a flying weekend this weekend, which means we fly on Saturday.
    Rant/Rave: Meh, big deal, my week only lasted 4 days because I got drunk and saw strippers on Monday in Tampa.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: My sister and brother in law had their baby today! Welcome to Earth baby Gregory! He's their third, and was crazy tiny compared to all the other babies at 6lbs 7oz. He looks like a little birdie.