Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Sorry for two R&Rs in one day, but:

Rant: I AM FUCKING OUT OF BACON!!! How did such a thing even happen? This is beyond bad...I'm thinking it points to a deeper mental problem or something. How am I supposed to make a delicious bacon and egg sandwich without fucking bacon?

Outrageous.

2. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Of the 12 people in my microecon class, 6 just got up and left. The professor lectures directly from the book and the powerpoints he posts online, so they saw no reason to stay. I'm only staying because I left early last week, and feel guilty leaving two weeks in a row. Fuck I want to leave.

Rave: No morning class Thursday. I can sleep in.

Rant: It is because the professor is resigning, and leaving mid-semester because she got a better job offer, and she hates our teacher prep program. Because she is leaving, she had no qualms telling us how poorly run and unorganized our program really is (she said it is the worst job she's ever had). It wasn't this bad a few years ago, but ever since the new department head took over, shit is unorganized and no one knows what we need to do or when we need to do it by. Registration for next semester has apparently been a clusterfuck to the point where several students are going to the dean of students to complain about the department.

Rave: Our teacher is still grading us, but she cut down what work is due (most of which was mindless busy work anyway) to the final paper and a few blogs, which will be easy. I should easily get an A.

3. fishysticks

fishysticks
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: My new years resolution was to write a book. And I did it. Finished it in just a few months.

Rant: I'm now in the editing process and it's proven to be a tedious bitch

Rave: I sent what i HAVE edited to a male friend (since it's a book about giving birth and raising kids, mixed with curse words and all that fun stuff). He loved it. Called me the "eminem of mommy blogging"

Rant: Even if the book is great I don't know how i'll ever find an agent/editor/publisher. It's like the damned music industry all over again

4. framerpro

framerpro
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: I asked for extra cheese at Subway today, then the "sandwich artist" informed me that it would cost me extra. Isn't that implied it the "extra cheese" moniker? What is America coming to? Fuck!

Rave: The sandwich was delicious.

5. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT:

I smoked part of a cigarette.

RAVE:

I took maybe four drags and I absolutely hated it! I put it out, and have no regrets. I honestly wish my mouth didn't taste like an ashtray right now! I am insanely excited about this!

6. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    This super cool new jacket I bought doesn't do shit by way of keeping me much more than lightly warm. There's no warm here. Which sucks because winter decided to show his ass back up.
    Rant 2:
    I WAS SUPPOSED TO SLEEP LATE TODAY.
    Rave:
    I get to get sexy lookin' for an auction tomorrow night. Bossman wants me to spend his money and hang with swanky folks.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: We've been facing a huge theft problem in my neck of the woods lately, with lots of people in the area being broken into and neighbourhood watches being stepped up. It hasn't just been a single crack-head doing some light B&E, it's been a somewhat large and coordinated ring of thieves. Why is this a rave, you ask? Seems that they picked on the wrong guy.

Maple Ridge ranch hand shoots thief

Seems that a 46-year old ranch hand caught a group of thieves around 1am, grabbed his shotgun, and shot one of the fuckers. 4 thieves are in jail, and the shooter has been released.

RANT: Being Canada, this will probably not end well for the shooter. Even though he was protecting his property, he shot someone. Canadian law does not allow the protection of property as a valid reason to shoot someone. And that's too bad. I hope he does get charged, and it goes to a jury trial, and I'm chosen, because that fucker would get totally cleared, and a medal. Even worse, the cops are still preaching the "run away and call us" mentality. Fuck that.

8. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I finally talked The Girlfriend into watching Firefly with me on Sunday, turns out she really liked it. She's cooking dinner for me tonight and we are going to watch a couple more episodes.

After we are done with Firefly and watch Serenity I am going to try out Battlestar Galactica on her, we'll see how that one goes.

9. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: An 86 year old man just asked me if I was married to a Mexican. When I said no, he then asked me if I was a U.S. Citizen. I am not fucking Mexican!!!!

10. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Where the fuck did I leave my calculator?

11. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I think I cracked my rib. Fuck.

Off the the Medical Center!

12. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Heres hoping I dont get fucked in the ass by the Canada Revenue Agency. Apparently I "make too much for my age" and am being audited.

13. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: got drawn for a bull elk hunt in the unit my cabin is in, must be my lucky day.

Rant: my health insurance cover 700 of the $5000.00 surgery my wife is having tomorrow.

14. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Having to read one of my friends, posting all about how he "wants to be on the ground in Libya to know what its like to fight for my freedom." Really? No, you don't.

Rave: Call me a redneck but hearing the National Anthem still gets to me. USA USA

15. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant Major cough that seems to abate during the day, but keeps me up late and wakes me up early. Hot shower and lemon tea aren't really helping. Almost throwing up because you're coughing so hard sucks. Here's to hoping it stays at "almost."
    Rant Winter storm warning starts tomorrow night. 45 and sunny today, up to a foot of snow tomorrow night. God damnit.

16. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yup, broken rib with the possibility of a bleeding spleen.

Ow.

17. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Raise

Rave: Said raise is chump change to anyone who has a career.

Rave: How do you flirt with someone for weeks, only saying you're spoken for when asked directly, and then refusing to acknowledge that the sentence "I haven't kissed anyone in a few months" might be just oh so slightly misfuckingleading?

Rave: I'm a fucking idiot. This one really could have gone under the previous "RANT", but at the moment I think this deserves a heading of its own. I need to grab my head and get my shit together.

RAVE: After years of an emotionally unhealthy living situation that has been tearing him to shit, and has recently become physically abusive to an extent, my brother is now living five minutes away from me in a home where he actually has the power to make some decisions for himself without being browbeaten, guilt-tripped, or otherwise treated like shit. Thank fucking God.

18. Croftie

Croftie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Finally decided that I think I may be emotionally stunted, as far as relationships go. Met a girl a few weeks ago that's cute. Nothing out of this park, but cute nonetheless. She's totally into me, and I could be into her if I gave it some time, I think. Anyway, I've completely failed to move it to the next level because I'm so freaked out by the idea of commitment. I blame my should-be-divorced parents.

Rave: Hung out all night and got drunk with this cool ass chick watching the Top Chef finale and eating delicious food. BUT, she has a boyfriend already. I think I have a type.

19. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Free trip to Amsterdam for a week in October, followed by a few weeks touring around Europe. Does anyone have any advice on awesome, road-less-traveled destinations?

20. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My new shoes came with instructions on how to properly ride an escalator while wearing them.