Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: UConn Huskies to the Final Four, fuck yes.

2. Evildreams

Evildreams
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Went to see a football match yesterday, Malta vs Greece for the world cup qualifiers. The Maltese played an almost perfect match, and everyone was expecting the game to end in a draw. The referee awards 4 minutes extra time and in the last minute the Greeks manage to score.

3. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Day three of no smoking down, and I haven't slipped once! The cravings are starting to feel like less of a physical need, and more of a desire for the routine. I might be jumping the gun, but I am starting to think of myself as a non smoker! (Although I am not going to be one of those douchey ones who are extra shitty to people that still enjoy smoking! God those people are fucking annoying.)

RAVE: You guys are amazing! Thanks for all of the support, and kind words.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: F1 season opener. Just finished downloading the qualifying, pre-race, and main race, made myself some waffles and a special coffee, and am planting my ass on the couch for the better part of the afternoon.

5. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Damn you Butler, damn you.

6. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: One year into home ownership, and: Escrow overage! Cha-CHING! Along with the tax return... Wuddayamean I gave the IRS and BoA an interest-free loan? Can't hear you, la-la-la-la-la-la, too busy counting my money...

7. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: fuck, school starts again tomorrow

8. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST KENTUCKY MISS A FUCKING THREE PLEASE. 9/15 WHAT THE FUCK

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rave: Had one last epic ski run today at Okemo. Perfect weather, perfect conditions.

10. Arctic_Scrap

Arctic_Scrap
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Why does Fox have to put Bobs Burgers in between The Simpsons and Family Guy? It's such a terrible show.

11. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: I built up Sucker Punch to the point that it was a bit of a dissapointment.

RAVE: The Icon Theater was AMAZING!

RAVE: The Concert Saturday was awesome.

RANT: Kaytlin did join us in the hot tub.

RAVE: A movie and a piece of ass when I got back Sunday.

12. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Fuck you, congestion! Fuck you and your interfering with Eustachian tubes! But I guess it doesn't really matter quite as much now because
    RAVE: I am now a SCUBA diver.
    rant: so much more to learn. So much more money to spend to be able to take those courses. So little income.

13. vex

vex
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: The first half of the Californication season finale was probably the best 15 minutes of television I have ever seen. I tried to eat dinner while watching and ended up spitting noodles everywhere. That episode made me laugh and made me happy.

14. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: Booked a night at the Grand Hotel. $99 per person includes: Carrage ride to the hotel (no cars on the island), breakfast, 5 course dinner, and 18 holes. One of the most historic and unafordable(for me) hotels in Michigan. Wife is beyond excited.

Rant: Spring's little ass better be here by then. Fuck this Sunny and 30 bullshit

15. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

???: I think I'm going to spend next semester at home getting some easy credits at a local school/maybe community college. Academically university has been a cinch but my depression still has me pretty fucked up. It PAINS me to admit it but this is probably the responsible thing to do. I know that I have a decent amount of potential and it's going to go to waste unless I can start thinking clearly. Watching Fight Club again was kinda a wakeup call that mental disorders will fuck your shit up if they go untreated. Plus, my short term post-college plan is to get teaching experience in Thailand while bumming around on white sand beaches. It has been my dream ever since I travelled throughout Italy and covered North America's Pacific Northwest region in high school (separate trips, equally inspiring). Can't be traveling if I have suicidal ideations.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated.

16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I just finished my homework. It's 6:30. Fuck I want sleep.

17. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Butler in the Final Four again!

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: made it through the weekend without a visit from the Sheriff's department, anyone being shot, or anyone dying of alcohol poisoning. That's a win in my book.
    My kid got to fire every weapon in the arsenal this weekend, 9mm Glock all the way to a 12g bigger than he is. He was thrilled.
    My horses are fattening up and shedding that godawful winter coat.
    I just videoed my cleans and there's more hip action there than I thought...I was pleasantly surprised.

Rant:
    How the fuck am I always the one getting out of bed at 5:30 in the morning on Mondays when I'm also the one who has to work until 10:30 p.m. the same day? Hrm.

19. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: What a ridiculous weekend. My liver hates me.

[​IMG]

20. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant/Rave: I have my first 2 tests this week since I've started school again.

Rave: This weekend, have a trip planned in Solvang(where Sideways was filmed, for you film fans). Relaxing weekend with the gf and some good wine and hopefully nice weather. It's been ass cold and piss raining here in LA for the last week or so.

Rave: Planning on throwing haymakers at my liver this weekend, that bastard has been a little uppity lately, and needs to be reminded who's boss. So, that's nice.