Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Rave: verbal job offer, current salary +50%, booya!
    Rant: Can't tell current job to go fuck itself till Monday when I get the paper work. Stupid responsible courses of action.

2. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: I just drunk bought some bagpipes on ebay, something tells me this was a good choice.

3. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Being woken up by EVERY fire alarm in the house. Fuck you, fire alarms.

RANT: I was the only one that took it seriously. Everyone likes to believe it's just a false alarm because, "it'll never happen to me." Idiots.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Phew!

5. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rant: Had to go to the hospital to visit someone. Didn't even get jello.

6. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE My mom is the most computer illiterate person I know. I bought her a computer for Christmas and when I was in town to give it to her I had it all set up with instructions for basic operations written out. I taught her how to literally turn it on and simply navigate Windows. I taught her how to to email and set it all up. I taught her some basic web browsing. Just tried to get her started so she can build from there and get comfortable exploring on her own. I also set her up with Skype so that she can video chat with my baby daughter since she can't see her but a couple times a year in person. It's been amazingly successful. My nine month old recognizes her when the video is on. We put the computer on the floor and let her play in front of the camera and she focuses on my mom. It's fantastic.

She has taken it a step further. She recently set up a Facebook page. She's reconnected with a bunch of old friends and this computer is opening up her world. The last handful of years have been rough on my mom and have made her very reclusive. I feel like she is finally opening up to the world again. It's a really good feeling. I just spent the last half hour on the phone with her guiding her through some things with Facebook. She has been calling me a couple times a week to get help with little things that most of us just know and probably take for granted knowing. This is very very cool.

7. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave:

Reconnected with a girl I once met through friends in late high school / early college and things are going well. Let's break this down, shall we?

1. NewGirl is not crazily religious like OldCrazyGirl.
    2. NewGirl is hotter than OldCrazyGirl, including larger tits, which is always a plus.
    3. NewGirl seems to have been raised socially, so she isn't all awkward and weird in public and knows how to deal with meeting people and social situations. OldCrazyGirl was home-schooled, and did NOT know how to handle social situations at all.
    4. NewGirl was a dancer for like 18 years. OldCrazyGirl enjoys sitting on the couch and watching movies while her fucking fat father whines about losing his job and eats.
    5. NewGirl is open and upfront about what she wants and who she is, and seems confident in both. OldCrazyGirl fucked me the second time meeting me, despite strong religious convictions to the contrary, in order to get me to like her. Whore logic at its peak.
    6. NewGirl smokes. This is the one negative quality I've found so far. Earlier in the week I made a comment about wishing I had a little pot to smoke since I work from home now and don't have to face co-workers. NewGirl brought me pot and smoked with me last night. OldCrazyGirl cried when I drank beers with my friends.
    7. Did I mention NewGirl was a dancer for like 18 years?

More to come.

Edit: To clarify, she did jazz, tap, and ballet. She has never (to my knowledge), been the lunch shift dancer at the BoomBoom Room. Thanks Gator.

8. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: My brother got me my belated Xmas present. I asked for a whetstone, but I'm not going to say no to a 1.75 liter bottle of Jameson instead. Fuck no. Cheers!

9. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Weather for the mountain I'm climbing Sunday, as forecasted Tuesday: high of 29 with a light breeze.

RANT: Weather for the mountain I'm climbing Sunday, as forecasted right now: high of 18 degrees, with 35mph winds and gusts above 50mph. Windchill well below zero.

10. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if posting my okcupid account was the smartest or dumbest thing I've ever posted here. At least I know what some of you look like. Naturally, most of my visitors were dudes.

11. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: I got hit in square in the nose so hard today I legitimately thought it was broken.

Walking at the dog park, I stopped to say hello to a dog and out of nowhere another one leapt up an just smoked me. It was so bad all I heard was the grinding crunch of cartilage and everyone within earshot made that horrified, "Ooohhh..." sound people make when they think they've just witnessed a bad injury.

No bleeding, but I have a viscous headache and my nose is all hot and tender. 50/50 I have two black eyes tomorrow.

12. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: It's my last night in India. God I hate this place and want a steak.

Rant: I was stupid enough to agree to come back in a month. Working is stupid, I need to get back to doing nothing.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rant: Found out last night that someone I knew committed suicide. He was a teenager in highschool. Earlier this year, his parents' family business burned to the ground. They'll get over that, but never this. RIP.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: My sister goes in for her biopsy next week to investigate a growth in chest. She finished chemo almost 2 years ago for hodgkins lymphoma and my entire family is a nervous wreck over this. Its the worst thing in the world to have to worry about.

Rave: My girlfriend is taking me to Foxwoods tonight for my birthday, its going to be a great time.

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rave: No black eyes!

Rant:
    The bridge of my nose hurts badly. I pretty much can't touch it, and all of my sinuses just ache. Blah.

Rave:
    Dogsitting a cutie named Tucker! I know, the irony of his name should not be lost to anyone here. His owners, though, have most probably never heard of Tucker Max so there was no namesake-ing intended. Not only is he cute on his own, but he looks EXACTLY like my big dog yet is the size of my little one.

Rant: He won't calm down. I think he has cocker spaniel in him, and Jesus is this dog high energy. My boys are glaring at me hatefully.

16. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave

Hooking up with a FWB's best friend...not to mention she is hotter and less annoying.

Rant

Whiskey dick

Rant

Wondering when the hell I'm going to pay off this car loan....

Rant

Feels like I'm throwing money into a lost cause

17. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mega Rant: dear citizens of Chicago: Just because you shovel out your car like the rest of us, it does not grant you special privilege to place lawn chairs on the street to save it. Nor does it give you the right to vandalize someone's car because they parked in that spot, especially when they weren't the person to move your shit.

I was really paranoid when I took this spot, because there was a folding plastic chair off in the snow. So I took a video of my car, the cars around it, the chair, and the homes in the area. Wake up, and find a yard long scratch on the driver's side, blatantly done with a key because it is curvy and inconsistent.

I will drive to that area later today to get my girlfriend, and phone the police when I come to that spot. If they can't do shit, obviously I can't identify which car belongs to the dick face that did this, so I am at a loss of what to do.

Regardless of what happens, I'm gonna steal that cunting lawn chair and knock on every door inquiring as to whose it is. What I don't want to do is fuck up an innocent person's car, because I don't want to be the cowardly piece of shit that did it to mine.

I have a feeling I'm going to lose my shit, though, and some poor bastard's car is going to end up needing a lot of cosmetic repairs.

I don't understand how some people can be such cock suckers. You don't own the fucking street, and placing plastic lawn chairs does not change that fact. As my wise room mate once said, "being a cunt doesn't pay".

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I hate myself.

19. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Father in law told me today:

"When you leave the country, we'll buy your truck. How about 5% of blue book"

That is exactly what I paid for it. Sweet.

20. jrczj

jrczj
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Sick new avatar.