Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. NoMames

NoMames
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: I've found the awesomeness of Blue Mountain State. I find it hilarious. Thank you Netflix.

2. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: It's really fucking cold in Denver right now. And the roads have been really icy the past 2 days. Its not conducive to a smooth commute, and I have to drive from Denver to Colorado Springs and back 4 days a week. So the past few days have sucked ass. As in getting up at 4:30am, driving 1.5 hours each way, and working 10+ hour days kind of ass suckage.

Rant: I applied for a job in early November, had my first interview in December, had 2 more interviews in mid to late January, and I still haven't heard on whether or not I got the job.

Rave: Talked to the HR lady today, and she said they haven't made a decision yet due to the decision makers being out of the office. So at least I'm still alive.

Rant: Have to wait at least 2 more weeks until I'll hear something.

Rave: Flying to Houston for one of my best friend's wedding on Friday. My group of college friends has moved to cities spread throughout the country, so we don't get to hang out as a complete group very often. The last time all 6 of us were together was my wedding 2.5 years ago. I can't wait to get down to Houston and have some beers with friends while witnessing a good friend getting married.

3. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: What the fuck. At least once or twice a week I wake up suffering from some sort of allergic reaction. Sneezing, that pain in the ass drainage that encourages sneezing, and that twitchy thing your eyes do when your histamine levels are all fucked up. It's not mold, else I'd be legitimately sick. I have no idea what it is. Unless I've developed a sudden allergy to the legion of spiders that keep zipping around here one at a time, I'm stumped.

RANT: And fuck those cocky little shits. Every goddamn time I get in the shower there's one in the exact same spot, by the ceiling above the shower head. Every time, I kill it, and every time, another has replaced him. I feel dirty when I finish my dolphin-polishing in the shower, and look up to see that creepy little prick watching me. If this shit keeps up, I'm going to have a spider roast with my brulee torch.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Justified!

5. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, aren't redesigns of sites you like just the fucking worst?

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Police apprehended a 15 yo high school student with a Glock and a 30 round magazine on his way to my nephew's school, where they are in the same grade.

7. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

RAVE One of the people at dinner ordered the special at the Thai place tonight. It was shrimp something or other:

Yes folks, that's three shrimp/prawns. They had to be over 4 pounds total. People at other tables were just looking over in disblief. He had to cut them like lobster-tails to eat them. The last had to be put in a to-go box but didn't fit. Fun times and many pictures snapped before he could start on his journey.

RAVE One arrogant jerk placed his order "Thai hot" and then also used a half of a jar of sambal oelek on his veggies and rice. Just by his tears, you'd have thought he was watching Old Yeller. That idiot lost hearing in one ear for 45 minutes of the 3 hour dinner. What a dolt. The staff kept coming by covering their mouths laughing as they delivered him over 10 ice teas. They love it when morons ignore their warnings and think they can handle "Thai hot - 5 chili's and a caution*".

RAVEST My hearing has somewhat returned and I can feel my lips again. I'm so bloated from the tea, but the laughs were so worth it. On the way home, I stopped to get some popsicle's for tomorrow morning. Keep me in your prayers as the sun comes up, or just ignore my screams.

Attached Files:

8. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I am not having a nice day. It's 6.30am and I'm already beyond my daily shit-limit and covered in a nice sweat-sheen. This sucks. Don't read this.

RANT: Summer sucks. It's so fucking hot I got a brilliant 2 hours sleep (passed out around 1.40am, despite getting into bed at 9.30pm) and awake again just before 4am. I average out at about 4 hours a day at this time of year.

The fucking bugs in this country are insane - first, my once-used packet of basmati rice has insects fucking in it, despite being carefully folded and sealed with the supplied tape, then I bite into a rusk (it's kinda like cultured stale bread - quite awesome with coffee, as it doesn't fall apart like a biscuit) and what do I see? Another insect crawls out the middle of it and starts flapping its wings at me. FUCK YOU BUGS. If you do not fuck off out of my food, I will throw out the entire lot and Bug Bomb your asses into the next world. At least there's no roaches.

RANT: Cicadas. I know you're also called Christmas Beetles, but it's fucking FEBRUARY. FUCK OFF YOU NOISY ASSHOLES! Several of you chirping at 5am is not fucking cool. I hope birds eat you all.

RANT: Going bald. Fuck. As if my looks weren't shitty enough. I can fucking FEEL my hair retreating daily. Goddammit. Looks like I'll have to go the shaved head route soon, probably within 2 years. At least I have some experience with that...

RANT: Here's the real kicker - it turns out I may be allergic to alcohol. My fucking sinus goes apeshit now every time I drink ANYTHING and I have to do my best to not drown in my own snot as it flows like a waterfall down the back of my throat. I cannot get tested for allergies because the only asthma medication that works for me also fucks with anti-histamines. Fuck me.

Really, fuck my life. Just come shoot me in the fucking face already.

9. NoMames

NoMames
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: My girlfriend lives two hours away from me and we haven't had sex in a while. But NoMames, why is this a rave? Because she sent me a video of her fingerblasting herself. And no, assholes, I won't send it to you!

10. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant/rave should I fuck my bestfriends ex girlfriend or not? Need qucik response!! Hana

11. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: read above and figure out what I did haha. Also yes my avatar is olivia munn

12. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: If I ever ride in your vehicle you DO NOT need to "prove" how fast/quick your car is to me. I went on a quick customer visit with one of my sales guys this morning. I had some shit to get done so I had him drive (something that rarely ever happens. I hate being a passenger). He has a newish Subaru Legacy GT. Nice little turbo car with a manual transmission. I've ridden in a bunch of these before and commented on this fact. He knows I'm a car guy so he launches into all sorts of details (some fabricated by the way) about how quick the car is. Over the next 1.5 hours he appears to be trying to prove it to me by over revving the car, dropping down a gear when it's not at all necessary, etc.

Now I've got a case of motion sickness like I've been on a fucking carnival ride all morning. Fucking dummy.

Rave: Watched a PBS/Nova special on dogs last night. Dogs Decoded is fucking awesome. Especially if you're a dog owner.

13. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave/Rant: Counter-Strike: Source, I hate loving you. Always have me coming back.

Rant: Unemployed.

Rave: Decided I'll be packing up this month, do some traveling & living out of my truck for a bit, then jump in to the Navy this summer.

Heyyy, why not.

14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: Not pregnant!

15. cargasm66

cargasm66
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: My fucking truck got prowled last night. TheGirlfriend and I *JUST* moved in this past weekend, and last night we were taking the last load of stuff to the house, so I'm pretty sure I forgot to set the alarm. They took my deck, Amp, and 2 6x9 speakers.

RAVE: Didn't leave anything of real value in there like I usually do. Toolbox, laptop, camera were all safe inside the house.

RANT: TheGirlfriend is FREAKING out. "OMG. What if they break into our house??" Relax, car prowlers and home burglars are two very different kinds of asshole. (The irony of all this is, we moved to a "safer" neighborhood compared to the old apartment, where we never had a single issue.)

RAVE: The sheriff's office and local PD have always been really chill on all of my interactions with them, including this time. Seattle City PD and WA State Patrol on the other hand? Those guys are a bunch of dickwads.

16. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE And Now For Something Completely Different.

17. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Jeopardy Online Test tonight. I am so going to kill this thing.

18. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: NOOOOOO!! It won't let me login using my info from the last one and it's too late to register!

19. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: sick. Im the 4th of 6 roommates to get it yay.

Rant/rave: found out mucenex* gives you the same high as red devils or triple c's whatever you want to call them. The rant is I wasn't trying to get high, I just took to much. Luckily it only lasted 2 hours, it was a crazy 2 hours no less hahaha.

20. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Stoned moment of self-awareness: the only girls I can easily charm the pants off of these days are the cute, awkward shy ones that probably shop at urban outfitters and give me shit for listening to Lil' Wayne "because he has no talent". It's probably because I read good and am mean to stupid people. One impulse is to just kill myself rather than accept the affection of a hipster *shudder* but the other impulse is sex. And they're always cute. This does not reflect anything positive about me.