Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Dating websites can go fuck themselves up their fucking asses.

2. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT Three of my classes have all been going over the same basic stuff (vector analysis). I thought it would be helpful to have it presented three ways; turns out it makes it more confusing.

RANT How is that I have almost no problem grasping and working through Calc III topics, yet Physics I blows my mind?

3. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Steelers lose on the big stage. I am content.

Rant Told myself I would take it easy this past drill weekend, but of course I gave in to peer pressure and drank hard. Work was hell the next day, as I expected.

Rave SuperBowl party at base...$50 bucks all you can eat and drink. Yeungling was on tap. First time in a while that I watched the game with other people instead of sitting at home by myself.

Rant Waiting on a call back for this new job I may have a good chance of getting.

4. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Was inside my first Asian chick last night. And again this morning. She's five years older than me, met her a month ago and things have been going really well. Not sure if its "love" or if its just because its something new, but I like how things are going. Bonus points: I first entered her under the protection of a Snuggie. A skull-and-crossbones Snuggie. Me 1, Universe 0.

5. Pow

Pow
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Shaved the butthole hair that was causing daily lint build up and general manly grossness. Wiping should see up to 50% efficiency gains.

Rant: Prickly butt.

6. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Reading the above rave. Jesus Christ.

Rave: Had a great time watching the Super Bowl with my brother and his girl. Low key, just how I like it. Watching my first Super Bowl in high def made the new TV transaction worth it.

7. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: It's the last day of work with the only other dude at my 2nd job. Will be surrounded by stories about how "my little guy went pee-pee in the potty" for a while.

Rant: Potlucks. Who the fuck likes these? "Hey, lets all make shitty food we wouldn't normally eat and bring it to work!" I get at most 4 hours of sleep between jobs, the last thing I want to do is make food, even for myself.

Rave: Get to sleep in on Wednesday, the possiblity on wake up sex looks bright.

8. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT I very rarely read something that has an effect on me. Maybe it's because I'm a pretty new dad, but this one really sucks.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/26761744/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/26 ... etail.html</a>

The pharmacy gave this pregnant woman abortion pills instead of antibiotics. How the FUCK can you mess that one up. There are already so many things that can go wrong with a pregnancy and this poor girl has to deal with this. I really hope that the baby ends up ok. This is really sad.

9. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rant: I'm so sick of the cunty bitches at work. I almost walked out today, if I didn't need the insurance I would have. I make enough at my second job to get me by until I find something else but I can't go without the benefits.

Rave: As soon as I've calmed down I'm calling my manager (who works from a different location) to see if he'd be so kind as to remind aforementioned cunt that she's not my boss.

Rave: Job search, commencing now. Fuck this place.

10. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: I would imagine that many of you are familiar with Stieg Larsson's books and the movies that were made from them, but if you are not I sincerely urge you to check them out. I just last night finished the third movie The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest and they were all fantastic. Noomi Rapace absolutely nailed this character. I don't generally like subtitled foreign films, but these were superbly done and the acting was mesmerizing.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Rave: Discovered that the ex-boyfriend who dumped me after a month because he wanted to convert me to his religion and get married (but I wouldn't, because I'm not crazy), and who got married literally 6 months after to a girl he just met, is divorced.

I may be a bitch for admitting that this puts an evil grin on my face, but so be it. At least I'm an honest evil bitch.

12. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got called up to the retail front to help out a guy who needed some technical help, and it was Jimmy Walker, a PGA player, in town for the Pro Am. Not too often you get to shoot the shit with a pro golfer in my line of work.

13. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE!!!!! FIRST FLIGHT TOMORROW IN THE HELO!!!! God I can't wait.

Rant: Lots of stuff to brief before I go fly. Lots.

RAVE!! I'M FLYING A HELICOPTER!!!

14. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

spoiled for length, rants about being sick, missing work and the bureaucracy that is a call center.

rant- got over the worst cold/flu ever to get a horrific bladder infection and my period all in a week span. Awesome.

rant- I work in a "contact" center and will be catching mad heat for missing so much time, which makes NO SENSE, as they will not accept doctors notes. How can I be written up for something that I could prove was valid if they would let me? I have missed four days over the last two weeks but each time was completely justified but since I only get a week of per year for sick time I have little to no time left if I get sick again.

rant- I am a financial service rep and probably shouldn't be dealing with peoples money when I am in so much pain I cant see straight but apparently I should try and "tough it out" instead of going to the walk in and getting the antibiotics that will cure the sickness.

rave- My team leader (boss) is super causal about leaving sick if needed but still will have to write me up which makes me feel bad for him. This is only a rave because my old TL used to grill me mercilessly about any absence and this team lead treats me like a grown woman, which I am, instead of a child.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Man, fucking women. Apparently they think that if one doesn't basically provide a constant Twitter feed from your brain, you're both not telling them enough and that you never think about them.

16. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Rant: I shave my head. It's time consuming and annoying. Especially when I accidentally nick the back of my head which pisses blood in a place where I can't see to clean it up myself. None of the permanent hair removal options appeal to me though.

RAVE: I so want this to be real.

17. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: My insurance went down $200 a month. It's $195 a month though, but Im still pretty psyched.

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Starting to pick up momentum at work. Feels good to be back at it.

Rant
    : Can't decide if I want to keep working for this company (a very small one) or another startup or go ahead and apply for big 'ol corporate jobs.

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Except for our yearly winter blast in February, life is good.

Rant:
    I hate hippie music.

20. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I took the online test for Jeopardy! tonight, and I think I passed the test with a 35/50. Now I hope I get an audition.

Rant: I didn't get any hours at work this week. I am trying to find a new job but have had no luck. A few restaurants around here are hiring servers, but I have no past restaurant experience. I don't care how trite it sounds, I am so sick of this economy.