Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Being in Canada where the GSM networks aren't a bag of shit like AT&Ts. Why? Because I like being able to be on a call and using data. CDMA fail.

2. JC62

JC62
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: Fuck...I own a manufacturing company and I have 7 large storage containers on my property. They were all safely padlocked or so I thought. Somebody cut all the locks last night and rummaged through the containers. Some of the containers had personal stuff that belonged to me and a good friend of mine - yeah those are the containers that have shit missing. The spare tooling and other manufacturing related stuff hasn't been touched - fortunately they didn't find the gaylord full of cupro nickel scrap! Talk about feeling violated! I'm not sure how to protect these things so they don't get broken into again. I hate people some times.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Prophesy and what not. w00t

4. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

RAVE: Back injuries are fucking scary.* Glad to be moving normally again and back to the usual routine.
    Thankfully there was never any nerve damage, just muscle swelling and pressure on my spine to the point where I couldn't move for 3-4 days. I had to piss in a gatorade bottle. Don't get me wrong, that's a rave for sure.

5. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Rant: I am at my wit's end when it comes to obnoxious neighbors, in particular obnoxious musician neighbors (and this ties in directly to when I was ranting about musicians in that "people you hate' thread). I swear I am cursed/doomed to forever have an obnoxious musician neighbor (can I make up a new acronym? An OMN?) When I was checking out the apartment I'm currently in, I even half-joking asked my future roommate if there were any musicians downstairs because I had just come from an apartment with THREE OMNs: one next to me, one below me, and one across the street. There wasn't any...and then four months after I moved in a fucking DJ moved into the room directly below me.

I understand that musicians have to practice, as much as it pains me, but what drives me crazy is that they assume that everyone in a five block radius must LOVE listening to their music just as much as they do. No, I do not love your straight-edge screamo band. No, I do not love your psychedelic ambient-noise metal band. No, I do not love your whatever-variation-you-are-of-current-indie-trends. No, I don't enjoy listening to you stumble around your beat machine. And, no, I do not love your fucking shitty DJing. I do not love your headache-inducing thumping, or my fucking furniture shaking, or feeling like I'm in a club when I'm dead sober and it's 4 in the afternoon on a weekday, or when it's midnight on a weekday and I'm trying to sleep because occasionally I have to get up at 6am to work. So just keep it at some reasonable level so that it doesn't carry outside of your apartment during the day and don't fucking play at night, especially during the week.

I actually cracked and went down to yell at him, and ever since then it's been like training our fucking cat. He gave me his number to tell him to shut up, and we agreed to a 9o' clock cut-off point (which he later pretended was an 11o' clock cut-off point, which I could deal with even when I have to get up early, as long as it's not so fucking loud and he actually sticks to it). Now during the day, when my whole room is vibrating and I ask him to turn it down, he'll play lower for a song and then it's back to the original volume. Or if it's 1am and I ask him to stop and he just turns it down. And then a few days later he's playing at midnight or 1:30 or 11:30 again, and I keep telling him I'm not unreasonable what I'm asking and that he needs to actually fucking stop at 11 like he said he would, and he keeps agreeing, and then a few days later it's just the same goddamn thing. It really is like a pet. "No. Do not get on the table. Thank you for getting off the table. No, what did I just say? You know you're not supposed to be on the table. Get off the table. Good girl. No! GET OFF THE FUCKING TABLE." And just like the cat, who makes you feel bad for disciplining it because she's so fucking cute and cuddles with you, he's always so damn nice about being an asshole so I always hesitate to ask him not to blast shabby mashups at 2am on a Monday.

GAHHHHHH. I can't stand it. If I disappear, it's probably because I was arrested for murdering my neighbor.

And he just started in as soon as I typed that period. *Bangs head against wall.*

6. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I also forgot to mention how at least one of them smokes inside all the time and it wafts up to our place so now our apartment reeks like an ashtray and it's disgusting. I seriously don't know how people can be so disrespectful, selfish, and completely ambivalent to the world outside of themselves.

7. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Temporary crown just fell off. There's no pain like dental pain. At least the permanent gets put on tomorrow.

8. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I can handle being sick. Coughing, sinuses, it sucks but it's bearable. What isn't is my mid to lower back constantly aching. I feel like the day after doing deadlifts with bad form. It just aches...and aches....and aches.

Rave: Thank God for three days off.

9. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: The broken bone in my foot is completely healed.

RAVE: I wasn't being a paranoid hypochondriac. There was still pain in my foot despite the break occurring seven months ago, and it was the right call to see a doctor.

RANT: Something called a Morton's neuroma right next to the healed bone. Basically, a ball of damaged nerves that hurts like a bitch.

RAVE: Can be treated with steroid injections. ROID RAGE RAWWRRRRR SMASH. No surgery needed.

10. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: 12 to 16 inches of snow in the next 24 hours.

Rave: Kids will get a snow day, and I'm going to build a bobsled run in the snow in my yard. I'm actually setting up a ramp from which to enter the bobsled run. Going to try to make a tunnel in it for the sleds to go through too.

Why? Because I'm a big fucking kid, that's why.

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RANT: Lost a bet and now this shit is my avatar and sig for 7 days. I'm a Ducks fan. It's painful. This blows.

12. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Been working a jackhammer for the past two days. My wrists are too jacked up to jack off.

13. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!!! Also I'm not banned today because Auburn won and I don't have to have a signature made by SheGirl. And I can jack off anytime I want. Win-Win!

14. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

15. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant & Rave Thread

Rant: Do I want to come into work for the 8th day in a row?

16. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hooray!!! Another few years (at least) of winning the in state rivalry for the Spartans!!!

hopefully...

17. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11/arizona.funeral.westboro/index.html?hpt=T2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11/arizon ... tml?hpt=T2</a>
    Look, Arizona did something right

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fucking piece of shitcunt Pyrex. Shit is garbage. Just found that my 1/2lb container of cannabutter had blue mold on it because Pyrex storage bowls don't seal well.

Rave:
    Had a full container of shake and bits so I made more.

Rave: Then I made brownies.

Rave: Then I went to the store and got some Cookies & Cream icecream.

Rave: I just sat down to eat this -

[​IMG]

19. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- not knowing whether to follow an instinct or behave.

Rave- telling some stupid bitch off via FB. She unfriended me, HOORAY!!!!(She was looking for support on getting a nose job along with a series of other "self improvements." Get on a treadmill and get a fucking life. Fuckin rich people...)

If you care...this is what I posted.

It's absurd, there are people starving to death in our country and all you can think about is your face. That will not make you feel better about yourself, neither will the myriads of drugs you are on. I read your posts all the time, I know you aren't well, but none of us are. Do something for someone else, you will feel much better than donating money to a rich surgeon. I am sure you will delete this and probably "me" but I think I will be okay.

20. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Today I have learned one of the many perils of perusing TiB high -- when other more wealthy stoners post about all of their lavish stoner food and you can't have any CURSE YOU GUY FAWKES CURSE YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!!