Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Dick Winters, of Easy Company, 506th PIR, 101st Infantry has died. Rest in peace.

2. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Rant: My mother lives in an area that's going to probably get pretty flooded. She lives in a low set timber place. Her sister lives like 200 meters away in a high set brick place. She hadn't fucking left her house to go over there. Grah. She has a little yappy dog that she absolutely won't leave behind - but wasn't planning to leave home until it got bad! You're an old lady you daft bint, it's a flash fucking flood. Take the bloody dog and go over to the nice two story house and drink tea where you won't fucking drown - don't wait to try and carry the dog through hip deep flood water! (She is now there. FFS)

3. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Why do people always put up a fight over the dumbest things that they are flat out wrong about? It's the XBOX Kinect, not the Connect. There's no debating the simple fact that Kinect is the real name.

"It's Kinect, I think because of it using your kinetics"

"Orrr it could be connect, because you connect with the game"

Yea, great argument. At least one of my points is definitively correct and the other one a very likely scenario. You're just wrong on both counts.

4. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My car is stuck in about a foot of snow. I've got to call a tow truck to pull it out or help me with it.

The exhaust pipe was starting to rot out and was on the verge of going, getting it stuck like this has just ripped the pipe apart and jammed it up. The exhaust, which looks terrible coming out of my wheel well just spews everywhere and you can't push the car out.

Fuck.

Rave: Went and bought new clothes yesterday. I look like a fucking pimp. Got a $250 jacket for less than 100.

Double rave: Went and dropped the money for new skis today. Getting Armada JJ's with Marker The Duke bindings. I shall rule the backcountry on these bad boys.

Also signed up for an Avalanche training course (AST1) in two weeks and will do AST2 the first weekend of March.

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not really a rant or rave, but here goes...

I was watching some "Intervention" today and something occurred to me. They sell the same shtick to the addict every time, to do a show about an addict. They ask them to be in a documentary about addiction. At what point, wouldn't they say "Hey! That seems fishy."? Have they never heard of the show before? It always starts that way. Plus, some of them even deny being addicted to substances. Why would they agree to be in a show about something they claim not to have?

I know they are drug or alcohol addicts so they might not be on the up n' up with analytic thought process, but still. Am I crazy?

6. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave: Monday night and I'm buzzed. Yay for one more week without classes!

Rant: I'm seriously regretting not going to ATL this weekend. I miss my friends. I need to get away from town. I need to have more FUN.

Rave: New job lined up. It's such a small world in this industry. It's like once you're in you don't even have to interview anymore...it's all getting a referral from friends, formalities and going over availability. I love it.

Rave: I get to wash my hair tonight! Eat it, keratin treatment!

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    Jesus it's COLD outside.
    Rave:
    I got a kick ass haircut today.

Rant:
    The fat guy tried to get me to touch his gunt today.

8. bobdobolina12

bobdobolina12
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: Back on the road again for work tomorrow. 3rd flight in 4 days, with no off-day till Sunday. Oy vey.

Rave: For being a college kid, this is a pretty sweet job.

9. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Vacation starts tonight. Dont have to work again until next wednesday.

Rant: Going to Ohio with The Girlfriend to stay with her parents. Should be a nice vacation, but that means no sex for a whole week. I was hoping to get some tonight before we left but guess who's monthly visitor just showed up. Fuck.

10. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Ravt: Walking the dogs tonight with two friends; between us, we have a Lab/Newfie cross, a 20lb terrier, a 20lb shepherd/something puppy, a Husky and an Irish Wolfhound (Winston is about 200lbs).

Sooo...the Husky, Kyko, takes off out of the park. No big deal; he always comes back. Come back he did, with a freshly caught and killed rabbit in his mouth. He was kind enough to bring it right back to the pack, and I'm proud to say that all of our dogs were calm and showed no aggression towards one another at any point. They worked out a keep-away system and eventually tore the rabbit to pieces. Everybody got a part.

I never thought my evenings would be spent trudging in the bush through knee-deep snow, trying to get a dead rabbit out of a dog's mouth. Oh, and my terrier's head smells like carrion now.

11. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Holy Fuck They're talking about flood levels of about 5.5 to 6 meters in the city here by Thursday. I live about half way between Brisbane and Ipswich. Ipswich is expecting 18 to 19 meter deep flood water, going to 21 or 22 meters deep tomorrow. That's 70 fucking feet.

Fortunately, my house is about 110 feet above the river.

I really just cannot wrap my head around the idea that they're seriously expecting the river to raise 70 fucking feet. It's just beyond comprehension.

This is from the freeway just near my house. From the government published traffic cameras.

Attached Files:

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not for long!!! Hahahahahahaha! Seriously... best of luck. Hope it all works out for you guys.

13. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: It sucks being chopped liver.

14. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: What in the fuck, apparently the guy I've been playing with in bands for the past 2 years decided not to book me for a show he's setting up in a few weeks. This was after he requested some demos of songs, which I whipped up in one day and they sound better than every demo I heard from all the other bands, and after the fact that I was basically the first fucking person to say, "Hey, I want to play in this thing coming up in 2 months." I'm fucking furious right now.

15. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: That girl I talked about in the drunk thread? Yeah she just sent me a hot picture with a sign that says, "I will not kill/rape [friend] , but might rape [me]
    - [her]

I win.

16. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Pics or it didn't happen.

RANT: Can't shake this damn cold. This, plus working a 24/7 schedule (i.e., work whenever I'm awake, pass out for 3-4 hours, repeat) has left me feeling completely dissociative.

17. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No fucking way. Scootah saw it, he can tell you.

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I should have known better. Like we've ever not had sex anyway this time of month. I just got laid!

19. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: The Pet Thread. It always puts a smile on my face and really makes me wish I had a dog. If I get this new job, where I would walk to work, it might be an option.

Rave: Job interview tomorrow morning, work, then a second date with an incredibly attractive teacher. I don't think she knows she's out of my league in the looks department.

Rant: I think I may have an ear infection, the fucker hurts. Oh well, it'll go away.

20. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Verizon iPhone.

Finally.