Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I backed the horse that came second in the Melbourne cup, again...

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: My phone broke on Friday.

RAVE: Bought the Garmin-Asus I've been looking at for a while.

RANT: It bricked within three days of buying it. The software seized up, and it wouldn't register incoming calls, sending them straight through to message bank (so I had a bunch of people screaming at me for not returning their calls). I returned it to the place of purchase, and proved it didn't work. It even came up with a fatal error on screen when they turned it on. Bastards wouldn't give me a refund and they didn't have a replacement phone. They could only send it off to the manufacturer for testing. So I had to buy a new phone and wait for their response on the broken one.

RAVE: Bought a HTC Desire from the shop next to the above one. It's awesome.

3. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Too much (any) teeth.

4. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Adam Carolla's book comes out today, haven't been this excited read anything ever.

5. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: got to my polling place at 6:45 this morning and did not have to wait in line to vote.

Rant: my wife will sleep in until 10am and wait in line for a few minutes to essentially cancel my vote.

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Even though, my and my wife's votes probably don't count for much in the vast configuration of things, it sure as hell feels good to have had a say.

RAVE: My wife didn't cancel out my vote, and there was pretty large turnout already for so early in the morning.

7. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I'm really regretting eating Chipolte last night. My toilet looks like a Jackson Pollock painting.

8. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I received my absentee ballot in the mail. Today. In Moscow. My polling place is on the other side of another continent.
    minor rave: a friend of mine who tends to vote the other way, candidate-wise, didn't receive her ballot in time either. Hooray, our combined shitty luck/timing canceling each other out?

9. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE - Bought a new cell phone today. Was debating between the Evo 4G and Epic 4G, and ended up going with the Epic. Seems pretty cool so far.

10. Obviously5Believer

Obviously5Believer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave? Rant? Please, PLEASE California, for the love of all that is rational and decent in this world, please legalize marijuana. Your vote could help to end a long, failed and immoral legal travesty the world over. Please let the rest of the world have a chance to see that legal weed does not cause society to implode and is in fact the unquestionably right policy move.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: 200,000! Yeah.

Rant: Balloons and cash did not fall from the roof of 2004 Chevy Silverado when it happened. No dancing girls and confetti, either.

Attached Files:

12. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Nowhere near what the above milestone is but I hit 30 000 km on my first real car (the crown vic I had for two weeks doesn't count)

Rant: I told my insurance company I'd do 18-20k in a year, I've only had my car 8 months. I have the pressing suspicion they won't be pleased

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Rave. Hunt camp. Drunk. New Cel tower means 3G access.

Rave. 3 deer down today. 2 more deer and 5 more days to go.

14. j. walter weatherman

j. walter weatherman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant:

The place I live only assigns one parking spot for a three bedroom townhome, leaving my roomates and I frantically battling the surrounding neighborhoods for any free space. People park just far enough apart that they leave a fucking vaccuum of open space that if they all scootched forward and inch or two would allow at least two more people to park, bunch of selfish lazy pricks. The city only allows people to park on one side on even days and the other side on odd days. I walked two blocks to my home after parking last night, can't wait for the snow.

Rave:

The sun is shining and the pup was not an intracable beast on our run today!

15. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    RANT: Got my latest official rejection letter in the mail. You guys in the U.S. think you have it bad? If you're a white male in South Africa, you have ZERO chance of finding a job. Fuck this fucking country - over 40% unemployment rate and those daffy bastards in government are bragging about being able to create 5 million new jobs by 2020 - how about jobs NOW you useless incompetent fucktards? Oh, the company that rejected me? Friends of my dad's were on the hiring committee. Double kick in the crotch right there. They ended up altering the job description and hired someone else (a female, incidentally). I have a fucking Batchelor's Degree and I can't even get a data capture job? Jesus Christ.

RAVE: Starting January 1st next year, I'm going to start selling all my stuff. It's the only way I'll be able to get together some money. If not enough to leave, then I don't know what? Buy a boat, get on it and scuttle it? If I ever get out of this country, I will NEVER EVER move back here to live, I don't give a fuck how nice the climate is or what jobs are offered to me. Fuck this country.

16. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: been tooling Europe for nearly a month, only got 1 week left.

Rave: Portuguese chicks are hot.

Rant: I was only able to window shop.

Rave: back in Italia. The food is better and I can more or less communicate.

RANT: Do you Americans only allow the stupid and grossly incompetent to travel overseas? The number of hopless Americans making dumbasses of themselves is amazing. Over the last month I couldn't count the number of old fat Americans Ive seen trying to make themselves understood by talking slowly and more loudly (almost yelling) It was funny to start with now it's just grating.

Rave: full of food and booze and playing with free hotel wifi on my phone.

17. lugmastro

lugmastro
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Immersed in a culture devoid of human intelligence
    Rant: I have to teach a class tomorrow that just got dropped in my lap today.

Rant: I got zero notice that I have to pass a screening, for a school that starts the end of the month, tomorrow at 5 fucking 30. Fuck My Job!!!!! I'm going to burn that muthafucka down!!!!!

18. big B

big B
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT Andy Irons dies from....Dengue Fever. What the fuck?
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/03/3055693.htm?site=sport&section=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ection=all</a>

19. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Discovering I had two bottles of La Fin du Monde still in the fridge!
    Rave: Getting a random job interview over the phone for a big box electronics chain here in Canada. First actual job interview since June.
    Rant: Only heard bad things about working there.

20. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave Whether you're happy with the results or not, we can all be happy that we are done seeing awful campaign ads.

At least for 3 months.