Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: All the morons on my facebook news feed who put up the "October has 5 fridays, saturdays and sundays this year. This only happens every 823 years. Copy this to your status to get money" or some bullshit like that. I've finally gotten to the point where I comment "Hey moron, look at a calendar. Specifically to 2004 when the same thing happened in October. Or this past January when the same thing happened in a different month. And stop believing any stupid thing you read on the internet". I don't know what's worse, these people actually believing that the whole 5 fri, sat, sun thing is real or these people believing if it is real they'll be able to get rich by copying that information to their facebook status within 11 minutes of seeing it. Sometime I wish I could go back in time to before the internet existed and be blissfully ignorant of people's stupidity. It's a shame that it's so easy for everyone to put it on display these days.

RAVE: I'm not nearly as stupid as most of my facebook friends.

RANT: That's not saying much.

2. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Party #3 was awesome. Got a little lazy though and went as Barney Stinson, i.e., wore a suit, drank scotch, and acted like a bro.

Rave: The Walking Dead premieres tonight.

3. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT FUCK FUCK FUCK... Wallet's gone. It's either lost or stolen. I'm gonna say stolen, because I had this thing as recently as 1:30 am last night when I was buying pizza after the bar. No one's bumped into me and I haven't been around any crowds since... so where the fuck is it? It's nowhere... and it has my credit cards, metro pass, business cards that I've garnered from networking all this time, plus old family photos and my 1999 Michigan State Football camp pass from the seventh grade. Fucking gone.

And it doesn't end there. I'm supposed to be in New York right now on the campaign trail before the midterm election, but couldn't exactly leave because I can't be out of the state for three days without the contents of my wallet. Yeah, exactly. This campaign was going to get me a job after the election, so this hardly helps. FUCK. FUCK. FUUUUUCK.

Hungry, too. But can't buy food. Because I don't have any money, or a wallet. Did I mention I withdrew $80 last night from the ATM? What the hell am I going to do? FUCK.

4. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Similar Rave: I used to live in Moncton. I'd just moved there and didn't own a computer yet, so I'd go to the public library to check my e-mail. I was there one day after work and the guy who was sitting next to me got a pop-up saying that he was the 1,000,000th visitor or whatever to the website that he was viewing. Something along the lines of call this number now to claim your cash prize. Dude absolutely lost his shit. He started frantically looking for something to write the number down while making sure that no one could see the monitor. He wrote the number down and made a beeline to the nearest phone. I had to stop what I was doing and take this all in. A few minutes later, he made the sad Charlie Brown walk back to the computer and plunked down onto his chair. He looked like someone'd just kicked his dog. And I just sat there thinking... Are people really that fucking gullible?

5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: My Anatomy and Physiology II lab professor is terrible. I find it mildly amusing that he classifies anorexia as a gastrointestinal disease. Call me crazy, but I would classify it as a mental health disorder. Also, he keeps confusing anorexia and bulimia. How is this difficult? One is where you don't eat; the other is where you puke. When we're covering the histology of various organs in the digestive system I have to correct him because his notes and his lecture contradict the textbook and my lecture professor. I despise this man. I think my cadaver, Sexy Rexy, could be a more effective instructor leading the lab "Weekend At Bernie's"-style.

Rave: Only 5 more weeks of his bullshit. I plan on writing a scathing instructor evaluation. Too bad nobody really reads them.

6. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Leftover candy. I didn't necessarily buy too much, but I should have given out a bit more. Plus, people literally stopped coming during the last 30 minutes of trick-or-treating. Have enough stuff to last me (I eat it very slowly) until Christmas.

Rave: Good fantasy day thus far, and hoping to hold of Chater in the TiB Free league.

7. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I thought this would be the year we'd get tons of trick or treaters because of the new neighborhood. Nope, barely got 10 kids.

8. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

rant: - mother fucker. I have been bitching at doctors about pain in my hands and arms for like 7 years. Finally got a diagnosis of Ulnar Nerve Entrapment and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Moved through all the motions of insurance claims (work cover crap) and getting started with arranging time off from work etc. In the last 6 weeks, i've wasted hours at doctors and fucking around and the pain has gotten substantially and dramatically worse - but it was sort of tolerable since I knew that soon there'd be something positive done about it. Today they decided that there is absolutely no chance that it is either of the previously diagnosed conditions and they have no fucking idea what it might be. I'm in fucking agony right now and no idea what the problem might be and no time line for when it might actually be resolved. Mother, fucker.

9. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: I broke up with my girlfriend today.

RAVE: I was able to break up with my girlfriend today.

10. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I love getting messages like this.

11. Spoz

Spoz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: 3:00pm - New climbing gear arrives, after 3 weeks waiting.
    Rant: 3:30pm - Suspected broken coccyx.

12. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Bought some new toys to use on the girlfriend, she wants me to tie her up to break in my new apt, plus anal might be on the horizon. And she was a hotass Playboy Bunny for Halloween.

13. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Had my first ambulance ride Saturday afternoon. I had the violent chills and screaming pain down my right side every breath I took. My chest was hurting and I was fucking scared.

Rave: Not a heart attack.

Rant: An extremely bad kidney infection. I have been dealing with back pain for months now and have even asked about my kidneys as I have had a kidney infection a couple of years ago. Doc told me no, that was very unlikely. I know they are human and all but damn!

Rave: My 103 fever finally broke when the E.R. doc was about to put me on ice. I'm gonna live. But it sure fucked up my Halloween.

14. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE Suicidal Tendencies last night. They fucking killed it. Fucking killed it. They opened with "You Can't Bring Me Down" and "Institutionalized".

RANT Lost my glasses and hat next to the pit due to some idiot crowd surfer clinging to everybody. His sleeve (or something) caught my glasses and I watched as they flew high in the air and into the crowd. I spent all morning looking for my destroyed backup pair, and had to buy frames so I could see for the next few days. Apparantly, I'm one of those odd people that can't get glasses in about an hour.

15. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    Well, it's that time of year again. It's cold, but there's no snow, and I've got so much static electricity pulsing up my legs that my cock could be used as a goddamn glo-stick.

16. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: The Minnesota Vikings: I fucking hate you. You toy with my emotions, give away hope for the future in bad trades, and take away any excitement I have for new players. You consistently employ a piece of shit coach who looks like he should be riding around in a van with "FREE CANDY" spray painted on the side rather than sitting on an NFL side line. Now rumors are circling about you moving to LA, which have been getting progressively worst the last couple of years. Why can't you just play nice? Why can't you do what the fans want you to? Why? Are you here just to torture us by crushing all happy emotions each fall? I don't get you.

Please, do what we the fans want. Fire Childress and keep the team here; quit blaming players for the teams struggles when that's obviously not the case. Promote Frazier, don't let another good coach go away to win a Super Bowl. Tony Dungy, Brian Billick and Mike Tomlin all left when they were young and promising and you could've kept them. Please don't do this again.

17. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: She has a boyfriend. Shit.

18. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- "What a cute little Asian baby" is not a compliment.

Esp when she's not Asian

19. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant/Rave: As most of you know my mom has breast cancer she had her surgery last month and seemed to be doing good. That was until we found that she had some in her lymph nods and has to go on Chemo and Radiation luckily its only for 6 months so hope were hoping for the best.

20. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: This took place the other day after it snowed above 4000ft.

I had an erection the entire time.

Attached Files: