Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I think I'm going to have to be sober and pass out candy this weekend. Post-college Halloween fucking sucks.

Envy Rant: My college friends are headed to Vegas this weekend to make bad decisions with slutty-(insert favorite costume here).

2. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: My first Halloween in 5 years outside of Athens.

Rave: Because I'm driving down to D.C. tomorrow for the Jon Stewart rally.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: No Banana costumes left in the county. So much for showing up as the only guy at work as a giant banana.

4. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: My flatmate got angry at me because it feels like I am in the flat to much and he needs quiet to work (He works from home). In the last week I've gotten in my door before 11pm twice.

Rave: I think I managed to piss him off more by telling him to shut the fuck up and explaining that because I pay rent I'm entitled to come home at whatever time I feel like.

Seriously I've been here two months now and this guy has got some sort of screw loose. I'll give it a few more months then move in with friends.

5. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Played some Modern Warfare 2 with IBF cruiserweight champ Steve USS Cunningham.

Rant: Dude's a noob tuber.

6. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Yet another shirt on shirt woot that I am severely tempted to buy. I gotta stop checking that site every day.

Rave: Came in at 7:15 this morning so I can try to be out the door not long after 4. Leaving early on a Friday is the best.

Rave: Halloween Party tomorrow night at our place; I'm pretty damned excited. The Girlfriend has been working on her Slave Leia costume all week and says it's looking good. She also showed me the awesome, super tall heels she bought to wear with it; she is going to look great in them.

Rave: Our good friend that lives in Dallas is coming up for the party too, should be a pretty great weekend.

7. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After doing nothing but shitty faces as a child, I've carved some sweet pumpkins the past two years.

Last Year:

This Year:
    Rant: My fingers hurt!

Rave: No landscaping duty!!

Attached Files:

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Phone died.
    RAVE: New phone!
    RANT: Stupid thing is not intuitive, and the manual is sketchy. And my phone carrier doesn't seem to support it. Had to arm wrestle with Google for an hour just to find out how to transfer the contacts over.

RAVE/RANT?: Got "asked to resign" from my industry board position this morning, which I did. Apparently government doesn't like me being there and wanted me gone. I don't know whether to be impressed or dejected. Either way, it's a ton of unpaid work off my plate.

9. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

rant Can't Sleep. Clowns will eat me.

Insomnia fucking sucks

10. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: I. Smell. Like. Pumpkins.

11. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Last night's party was a rager.

Rave: Party #2 tonight. Costume: zombie cage fighter.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Rude people piss me off. At least a couple times per day I have to move some files around on a cart. Occasionally some self important prick refuses to move from their spot in the middle of the aisle. Seriously, 3 inches to the left. How fucking hard is it? About ten minutes ago I politely asked a woman to move twice. I know she heard, but she refused to move and just stood there yacking about her fucking lawn gnomes so I rammed her with the cart. Of course she acted all incredulous, but if someone is that rude I don't give a shit. The thing is, the people doing this either make the same as me or a miniscule amount more. Not that it would be ok anyway. They're just assholes.

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I died a little inside this morning when I learned that my e-hero is turning in his cape to live amongst us mortals. There's nothing for it but to drink away my pain and disappointment.

Rave: Drinking away my pain and disappointment!!

14. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: People exploding at you for a negative rep is absolutely hilarious

Rave: Won a big ol box of chocolates for "scariest cubicle" - I plastered mine with positive news reports of our competitors.

Rant: wont eat any of the chocolate.

15. NickAragua

NickAragua
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: So, I'm doing a project at work, and I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with my code for about a day. At my wits end, I ask a coworker to come over and take a look at the code. As I'm explaining the problem, the solution finally dawns in my head, without him even having said a word. WTF?

16. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Girl at the Borders checkout gave me guff for buying Assholes Finish First.

Rave: I told her the only difference between a Tucker Max book and a Bret Easton Ellis novel is that Tucker's books are nonfiction. She had no reply.

17. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Monday, my youngest (12) woke up feeling a little sick: headache, feeling very tired, and sharp pains to her lower abdomen. No fever, glands weren't swollen, no sore throat, but we decide to let her stay home and rest (she's not the type to fake an illness, loves and does exceedingly well in school). Same thing Tuesday morning, so my wife takes her to the doctor that afternoon. Symptoms haven't changed. Doctor says he thinks its mono, give it another day, and if the it persists, bring her back in for bloodwork and they'll test for it (she has a serious fear of needles). He also says for her to take aspirin for the headache instead of Advil or Tylenol. Wednesday, same thing, so wife brings her in for the blood test and my daughter isn't given any kind of resistance about the needle. Doctor is convinced without even have drawn the blood, let alone gotten any results, that it's mono, and prescribes a corticosteroid. So while I'm in class Wed. night and we're reviewing the quiz, I'm online and looking up some info on mono since, when I had it back in college, I remember a high fever, very swollen glands and a throat so sore I could barely swallow. The only symptom she showed that I had was the fatigue. So, my research tells me that aspirin is contraindicated for patients 12 and younger when mono is suspected as they are at high risk for Reye disease. I text the wife, telling her to stop the aspirin and if she still has the headache, use advil or tylenol. Thursday, doctor's office calls my wife, tells her the tests came back negative, but the doctor said to continue with the corticosteroids. After she took her noon dose of those, she calls me as I'm heading home from the office and says she's broken out in a rash all over her arms, chest and neck.

I tell her I'm on my way home, take some Benadryll, and apply aloe. I call the doctor's office, tell them she's had an allergic reaction to the steroids, and what I told her to do. Doctor's office takes the info, and I get a call back about 15 minutes later telling me the doctor said its not an allergic reaction to the steroids.

Me: "Well, what is it then?"
    Guy at Dr.'s office: "He's not sure."
    Me: "But he's sure its not the steroids."
    GADO: "Yes."
    Me: "So let's review. My daughter presented with 3 symptoms, only one of which is associated with mono, and after 3 days, still did not have a fever, swollen glands, or sore throat--the primary symptoms for mono--but he's so confident in his diagnostic skills, he prescribes a steroid anyway--which is protocol to reduce swelling and inflammation, neither of which she has. Within the time frame, the only thing that changed was the administration of steroids and the rash that ensued, but he's confident they're unrelated. And lastly, he instructed her to take aspirin even though that's contraindicated for her age group within the diagnosis of which he's confidant."
    GADO: "If you'd like, I can set up an appointment for you to talk to him about the matter."
    Me: "No, that's alright. The folks at the Texas Board of Medical Examiners will have that conversation for me."

Yes, I'm filing a complaint with the state board and let them investigate and sort it out.

18. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, no one came in costume today. Would have killed to be dressed up.

19. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: After having two girls, l found out today that my next child is going to be a boy.

20. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Only one other guy (out of six total) came in costume. What happened to actually having fun at work?

Rant: Talked to the boss of bosses and after working every weekend (typically starting at 6 am, Saturday and Sunday and slaving over a grill under the sun) since May and working under the premise that I'll have a good marketing position after this weekend (last weekend to work), I was told today that my one opportunity to work now was at a mall booth. Fuck them for not appreciating any of the exemplary work I've done, fuck them for taking advantage of me, and fuck them for not being proactive and discussing my job until the last fucking weekend (I had to tell him to meet with today). I am going to start proactively looking for a new job.

Rant: I would have quit awhile ago had the startup I'd be working for fell flat. Oh, and most interns and new hires for local businesses have been hired up already. I'm pretty much SOL on the new job market.

Rant: I've got a ridiculous amount of homework to do... enough that I'll have to stay in this weekend and will be a mental wreck early next week.

Fuck work, fuck school, and fuck this weekend. I'll be hitting the suds and buds hard tonight but from now on, it'll be nothing but work and homework this weekend.

I am not in a good mood.