Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: The Clutch concert last night was awesome!

RAVE: Uproar on Sunday. The pit is gonna be rocking.

RANT: One of the group might not be able to make it.

2. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Finally done with ex-boyfriend drama. It's safe to say we'll never be talking again.

Rave: Got a new piercing to celebrate.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:

Sometimes Facebook wins just rule:

Attached Files:

4. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Just ate $18 worth of Taco Del Mar. It seemed like a good idea at the time, ok?

Prepare yourself, toilet.

5. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant

May or may not have hooked up with a gorgeous Puerto Rican girl. I ave a girlfriend that decided to stay in tonight and the boys decided it would be "stag lad night". I fucked up.

Rave It's a college relationship. The phenomenal sex was worth it, maybe.

7. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rabies Redux

Rant: I'm receiving rabies vaccinations for the second time in two years. A bat was in our house recently, and although we are fairly certain that none of us came in contact with it, the whole family is down for the vax. This seems needless, particularly in my case. I wasn't home when the bat was found - literally walked in the door, put on a glove, grabbed the bat and tossed it outside. But when the state health department calls your local department of health and insists that you be sent to the hospital for the vaccine, it doesn't seem wise to argue.

Using the same logic, I've decided to insist on antibiotics the next time I have a cold.

8. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:It's Friday, got out of working my normal job for the rest of the weekend because of Reserve duty...although in fact, I rescheduled with my unit and that means I have a whole weekend off. Getting up early tomorrow and heading to BGSU with my best friend for tailgating/homecoming drunkenness.

RANT: Bought new tires for the car a few weeks back, little did I know that 3 of the hubcaps would come off. Awesome work guys...

9. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave:I just got back from the gas station and I go in to pay cash because I forgot my Shell card. The man in line in front of me is mexican and clearly does not speak English as he is mumbling and pointing at the scratch offs that he wants to buy. The clerk is pretending to understand him and attempting to respond in a type of Spanish that is even more broken than the English the mexican is speaking. The mexican gets his scratch offs and leaves, cue the clerk - "What the fuck? Just because I am brown I speak Spanish? I am from fucking Pakistan." I am not sure if this was more entertaining than the time the ghetto black lady accidentally kicked the trash can in between the pumps that was apparently filled with bee's due to the sugar invested trash there who ran around screaming THEY AFTA ME. Gas stations, if I didn't have to spend so much money I would love you.

10. Ogee

Ogee
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: An Open Letter to Comcast Customer Service.

Dear Comcast Customer Service (specifically "Jofedane" and "Operator ZYU")

You basically have one job: cashing checks. You don't produce content, you haven't been upgrading your services and you certainly aren't spending precious time training your customer service associates. So, with all this time that you have to cash checks, I don't understand how you can be so fucking bad at it. Maybe you hire illiterate workers who can't copy an account number from the check? Maybe you just periodically misapply funds in an effort to keep people calling you service centers, so the associates don't get lonely?

Whatever the case, please note that I am not amused. I do not need to speak to you on a monthly basis in order to get in a reasonable amount of human contact.

Additionally, please note that when some complains that an online payment hasn't been removed from their checking account, that is not an invitiation to (attempt to) explain to me (incorrectly) how a clearing house works. Also, it doesnt help when you simply copy and paste the same speech into an email that I received when I called.

You, dear sirs, are welcome to take this $5/mo moden and you shitty channel line up, turn it sideways, rough it up with some sandpaper and then insert it into your ass.

Thanks.

And go fuck yourselves. With the mailclerk's dick.

Ogee

11. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Applied to be an intern at a very large website/magazine. Here goes nothing. [If it works out, I'll be at my dream job]

12. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Can someone please explain to me when men shaving their chests became fashionable? And why the fuck (dumb) girls seem to like it? I snuggled with one of my best friends last night and passed out with my head on his chest for the whole night. We used to hook up ten years ago and back then I remember him having just a little teeny bit of chest hair that was soft and felt nice when I ran my hands over his torso. Sadly, a decade later, he has succumbed to the ridiculous vanity that is men shaving their chests. I woke up with razor burn on my cheek. And when I ran my hand across his belly to adjust, thick tines of stubble met my palm and poked into my forearm. Gross. I can't imagine men not wanting to be and look like men. And who are these women who find this crap attractive? Not only does it hurt the girl, it just looks stupid with stubble and razor burn sticking out of shirts. Even the Nivea for Men commercial showed a man with a hairy chest who turned around and two seconds later it was gone--WTF? Even mass media is buying into the crap?! Now I'm all for a little grooming, but Jesus H. Christ, shaving? Ugh! Next thing they'll be using my razor for their legs and borrowing my skirts. No thank you.

RAVE:
    The friend I've been seeing doesn't have the above problem. He's not a gorilla and he's not ashamed of his Italian hairy chest either. And in the morning, I wake up to softness that I can run my fingers through and play with to start the day off right. Awesome. Men rock.

13. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I was supposed to go out with my buddies tonight but looks like they're all bailing on me. Whipped like the family pig.

Rave: Chill night at home with my friends Bill Maher (David Cross is on the show tonight) and Johnnie Walker Black.

14. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:We totally ditched our loser friend tonight.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Screw you, Dish Network and Fox Sports. Why can't you play nice? This retarded: contact Dish, and they say, Hey, Fox tried to raise rates to much, and we can't charge you that much. You contact Fox Sports, and they say, Hey, Dish dropped us. Dish sets up a website: jointhefightagainstfox.com and Fox sets up a website: Getwhatipaidfor.com - nice.

Awesome. Meanwhile, you two bitches are arguing on the playground, and I can't watch my sports channels that I paid for. Goodbye Dish, and my 10 year relationship - hello, DirectTV.

16. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Traded in the ol' v-card last night, at the tender age of 22. Thank god that's finally outta the way

17. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant-

I weighed myself on the gym's scales today, and I'm down to 171 pounds, from 200+ in late August before the surgery. For the first time since I was a little kid, all of my ribs stick out horribly.

Rave-

3 more days until I can start weight-lifting again...

18. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    RANT: Bought a new IDE Hard drive enclosure (I have an old Seagate 160 gig drive that still works) and the fuckers didn't supply a DC adapter plug for it. Of course, you're not allwed to open the box at the store and check it. Assholes. It'll be going back.

RAVE: Great rugby match last night. Sharks scored four tries in the opening 20 minutes and thusly decimated the Leopards. One more win and it's a home semi-final...

RAVE: Bought a bottle of Coca-Cola for the first time in months. Captain and Cokes later. Woohoo!

19. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: I lost my fucking phone last night. I've always been pretty careful with the phone, never dropping it and always taking good care of it. I've woken up with it after nights of drinking, weekend benders, and even that one time that I woke up with different pants on. And somehow, after all that, I lose it last night between walking from my house to the car, and then from the car to the hockey rink. I know six phone numbers by heart and my phone had over 400 contacts. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

20. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I'm almost 26 and I still have no chest hair, apart from the six to eight that grow in random spots.

Rave: It's Friday for me and tonight, we dine.

And by dine, I mean, house party.