Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I fucking hate doing cardio, and it's REALLY starting to show.

Rave: Started biking twice a day in front of my big screen, already feel like I have more energy.

Rant: Sitting on the bike seat twice a day feels like getting a rectal exam from a doctor with a clenched fist.

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Taking Friday off for a 3-day weekend.

Rant: I'll be working at my storage business all day Friday and Saturday. Tis the season to put away your summer toys. Tomorrow will forever be known as Winnebago Friday. 8 of them coming in. Fuuuuuck.

Rave: There's something extremely enticing about having piles of cash in your hands. Cash business for life!

Rant:
    I did $45k in renovations to our building... so I'll only be making it rain into the pockets of the masonry guys.

3. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Spoilered for length. Only bother reading if you know the basics of how PCs function.

RANT: I'm the PC-Go-To guy for a few of my dad's friends. I've been given this PC with the problem of: "it randomly freezes". So, I open up the box to see if there's any loose connections or parts causing problems - nothing's obviously burned out or loose. I boot up the PC, run the antivirus (Kaspersky AntiVirus 2010) - it says the archives are corrupted, so I spend a few minutes fixing that, do a complete scan of the PC, which doesn't show any infections. I go to run Microsoft Update (it's at this point that I realise this PC doesn't have MS Update and only Windows Update - obvious foreshadowing which I brushed off) - it downloads 31 updates and then shuts down and installs them. I reboot the PC and - bingo - non-Genuine O/S which has never had an update installed - there's the problem.

I phone the guy today and alert him of the problem and he tells me he suspected something like that, since the guy he'd previously given it to had told him to not use Windows Update at all. I did so well to stay calm (my only Rave here) and not tear him a new one for wasting my afternoon by not telling me this. I've now been given the go-ahead to get prices for Windows 7 and then to install Windows 7 once finances allow (I told him it might well run slow, since it's an older PC - P4 2.8gHz, 2 gigs RAM, etc.). I've never even used Windows 7 - I still use XP Pro, mostly because my PC is over 3 years old and I don't see much point of getting a new O/S at this stage, so that'll be a different experience.

Honestly, I don't mind fixing other people's PCs but it pisses me off when I'm not given all the information I might need upfront.

RANT: Funeral for my mom's close friend's husband tomorrow morning. I had met the guy only once and I didn't particularly like him. She's a good person though, so I'm more sad for her as opposed to sad for him kicing the bucket, if that makes sense.

RAVE: Weekend soon...

RAVE: I'm not ballsack3.0.

4. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:
    I can't link to it because I'm at work, but there's actually a fucking alien fleshlight inspired by Avatar. That's right, guys, you can now bang a thermos that features what latex rendering artists have decided an alien pussy must feel like. My faith in humanity just got cock-punched.

Rave(?):
    Thinking about the product development meetings is kind of funny though. "No man, it needs to be more triangular. And you know what? Fuck it. Give it two clits."

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Rush fucking KILLED last night. Alex Lifeson was on fire -- new songs, old songs, just absolutely ripped them apart. Sooo, underappreciated. And, it didn't start raining until right after the show ended

Minor Rant: which meant, had to drive for 2 hours home in the rain. Got home late, work came early this morning.

6. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: the girlfriend made me a pretty good dinner last night, a mexican casserole that was really good and some cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

Rant: had two helpings of the mexican casserole and it is not getting along with my stomach. Been having some pretty narly farts all day and I'm sitting on the shitter while I write this. I have a feeling this won't be the only time today that I will need to punish the toilet.

7. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Round two. I will definitely be staying away from anymore of her mexican casseroles from here on out.

8. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave? Have an appointment with the orthopedist next week. I'm frustrated it's come to this. I wanted to pretend everything was getting better. It's not. People at work are telling me it's time to go. Maybe this will offer a solution to the fucking bane of my existence that is my foot/ankle before I cut it off myself. I haven't been able to sleep at night because it hurts so much. My script ran out so I'm popping Alieve like jellybeans. And, I know this guy is awesome. If it comes to someone cutting me open, I want him to do it.

Rave: Got an interview for another grad program.

Rant: My schedule is all over the place. Coordinating school/work/life around an out of town interview is going to be a pain in the ass.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Septic field issues yesterday afternoon, when an electrical contractor drove his bucket truck over my septic field while trying to angle in on the rectifier up in the pole in my yard. Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber came out this morning with their shovels and big-ass shit-sucking truck, and spent the last 4 hours fixing shit. Literally. My entire house and surrounding area reeks of shit. The fact that it's mine doesn't help. At all.

RAVE: It's all fixed now. And apparently, even though I haven't been treating my septic tank at all for the past 3 years, it seems that I haven't had to. According to these gap-toothed experts in the field, my shit is prime bug-fucking material, and the Shit Brothers were quite impressed and happy with the overall chemical/biological state of my massive container of shit.

BIGGEST RAVE EVER: I don't dig up other people's shit for a living.

10. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

11. Winterbike

Winterbike
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fuckings rocks!!

Rant: Some unclean fuck gave me impetigo, I'm on antibiotics for 10 days

12. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rave: Over 50% of what was supposed to be on this test tomorrow has been dropped.

Rant: Too bad I still have to read too much poorly translated text.

Rave: Finally back to the gym.

13. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: I'm so sick of vegetarian babble. Fuck!

<a class="postlink" href="http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2010/09/30/55-tv-host-jane-velez-mitchell/?hpt=C2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2010/09/30/55- ... ll/?hpt=C2</a>

Fuck. They're just so self-important.

14. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: You guys suck, quit lurking and post more. Even if it's just a couple of lines.

I can't just keep posting about my pants all the time, even though they're amazing.

15. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Frustrated. Had a shitty day. The idiotic coworkers who contributed to my mood can suck a dick.

Mild Rave: Paul Giamatti is on 30 Rock tonight. That can't possibly be bad.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Last night, I thought I chipped a tooth. Today, I learned that I actually (somehow) yanked an old filling out and as a result had a 3 hour long dental procedure. I am feeling shitty enough to not bother writing any more about it. It was the worst dental experience I've had yet.

Rave: Serendipitously, I made space brownies last night for me and my buddies in preparation for the Kid Cudi show tomorrow night (have I mentioned yet that I'm looking forward to it?). Man... they're some good brownies.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: "Worked" from home today. I was bored out of my tree, and everything smelled like shit. And by "worked" I mean I played through Half-Life start to finish for the first time in a long time. What a great fucking game.

18. PeruvianSoup

PeruvianSoup
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Well... I can walk even on my bum knee. It doesn't hurt nor is it swelling. Just a little tender.
    Rant: However, it does feel like it's going to "give on occasion" and as someone put it, "I walk funny."
    Rant: My PI, who is also an MD, told me these signs are probably bad. But he doesn't know.
    Somewhere in-between: Scheduled an appointment with an ortho guy in a few weeks.

19. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

I'm not doing a very well at my new job. 2 weeks in and I really don't know what the fuck I am doing. This is bad because it's pretty much a one man show. I have only been trained 4 days for about 4 hours a day, so I don't feel too bad about myself, but I thought I would do better than this. There are just so many little things to know that I can't fucking remember and my training manual sucks. I actually go to training on the 20th and 21st of October so hopefully I can figure it out bit by bit until then. The person who was training me was supposed come tomorrow, but our boss decided that she shouldn't. I'm unsure if that means they have confidence in me or if they are just saying: fuck it, it's time for this kid to sink or swim.

Rave:

Shiner Bock.

Rant:

It's only 3.2 beer. Fuck this state.

20. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed