Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: A lovely night of drinking and home-cooked Persian food waiting to cure the drunk munchies. Yaaaay!

2. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Didn't have a heart attack

Rant: Angina attack instead... at 22. fuck.

Rant: Still a fat fuck

Rave: down 25 pounds since starting to eat healthier.

Rave: Start Karate tonight at a dojo mostly focused on giving fat white guys cardio. Will likely start judo when I'm in better shape.

3. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant This weekend I was at the beach and my friends made me play "scrabble." I had some drinks in me so I figured "why not how bad can it be?" Awful. It's an incredibly stupid game that requires little or no intelligence. I don't have sour grapes because I lost either I actually won the game, know what my high scoring word was? "Jaws" that's right that four letter baby got me 25 points. When I looked at the board I saw words like "tad" "jet" "or" "cheese" (that one had a blank in it) I was like are we all idiots? One of the girls is an assistant DA, there was an engineer, a computer programmer, clearly I'm the dumbest one here!

The game is stupid, it's luck. It's hitting the triple, and double word scores and that's it. I want that hour and a half of my life back.

RAVE I love the fall weather. Too bad we only get three weeks of it.

4. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Turned my Macbook on this morning and got the hard drive warning "This drive has reported a fatal hardware error to Disc Utility" Shitty deal

Rave: I managed to backup everything to a external hard drive with time machine (stupidly, this is the first time I've backed up) Any one know of a cheap place to buy replacement hard drives? Or what the best replacement is? About to do some searching around.

5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rave! I got into physical therapy school this morning. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It's the first school i've heard from. Not my 1st pick, but definitely my 2nd. Yay!

6. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave-prostitution, aggravated assault, meth, forcible detainers and justice court- shaping up to be a really good day

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- At dinner downtown the other night, I ran into an ex-coworker of mine who was always quite the slut.

She fucked 4 guys from the office, tried to fuck the rest of us until she was knocked up by a bartender, married him, and had his baby.

She was leaving the restaurant with a huge Michael Clarke Duncan looking guy aka not her skinny white husband. They were all over each other, and he was obviously going to rail her.

Next day I confirmed with another old coworker that stated she was still indeed married. So I had an idea-

Pay Edible Arrangements to make a fruit basket delivered to her office with a bunch of chocolate dipped bananas with a card saying "thanks for an awesome night",

Edible Arrangements wouldn't agree to the custom order, which is probably for the best.

8. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Dave Matthews Band won't be playing in 2011. This is old news, I know, but I've just been thinking about it and its been about 2 years now since I saw them live. I am really tempted to fly out and catch one of his last couple of shows on the east coast this November.

Rant: Traveling is expensive.

9. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Down hill. Gotta start the upswing IMMEDIATELY.

10. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Studying for exams

Rave: Last Exam

Rave: Flying home on the parents dime, to do what, I don't know.

Rave: Minecraft.....

11. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: My boyfriend's company is shutting down and he has known this for about four months. Yet today, he started full on freak-the-fuck-out mode. (They print magazines, who didn't see that one coming?) I've told him he could help out at my Dad's store until he found something else, but he'd rather throw a tantrum. I've offered to help him with his resume and I've found places that he can apply and all he wants to do is bitch and moan and blame the economy, because apparently he seems to think that is helping the situation.

"I've worked there ten years..." yeah OK, so you knew this was coming, do something about it. I've allowed you a couple of weeks of whining and complaining and yet you accept their reduced hours and won't do anything about it at this point, so who is to blame? The magic job fairy is not going to show up at the door with your dream job. For fuck's sake, take an active role in your life.

Rave: I have tacos. I made some really awesome tacos with peppers from my neighbors.

12. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: The instructor teaching our class is a complete retard. He was O-level on helicopters when he was out in the Fleet, and now they have him teaching I-level avionics. He reads out of the book stares blankly when you ask him a question, and then re-reads out of the book. Awesome. That wouldn't have been so bad if we had had him last unit; we were doing radios. Radios are fundamentally pretty simple things - there's about four fundamental steps to transmitting and receiving. Everything else is just amplification and tuning. Not to mention the maintenance manual explains in exacting detail how the thing works. That's why you can buy a build-it-yourself radio from Radioshack and put it together with your five-year-old.

We're doing radar right now. Radar is REALLY fucking complicated. And he doesn't know shit about it. We were the best class in the whole squadron before he showed up; now, we have 14 failures out of 19 and he's looking at us like we're the idiots. No, asshole, you can't teach, and we can't tell you off because you're a fucking sergeant. What's worse is that we aren't given the notes; he reads off the notes to us verbatim, and we have to copy as fast as we can and hope he didn't fuck up an explanation. That's class for us. And then he wonders why no one gets it.

He's a really chill guy; he loves martial arts, would buy us all a beer if we were out in the Fleet, and has all sorts of stories about acting stupid in Iraq. But he can't freaking teach.

RAVE: The staff sergeant running my MCMAP class is awesome and has us ground fighting pretty much every single day. Sure beats the hell out of "Basic Warrior Stance! Lead hand jab! Execute!" I've never done ground fighting before, and it's a fascinating subject. I now know why people spend years mastering it. It's just that freaking cool. I also gained a lot more appreciation of martial arts. Watching the UFC is actually interesting now. "Why are those guys just sitting there?" Because they've been going balls-to-the-wall for five minutes straight. I didn't appreciate that until I did shark bait. Fuck, that's tiring.

13. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: 6 hours to go.

14. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: The new diet program is working really well with the workout routine. No more, "I lift so I can eat what I want."
    RAVE: Cleaned the kitchen.
    RAVE: Friend gave me her ex's PS2. Second one I've picked up that way, love the spoils of war.
    RAVE: Work is caught up, money is coming in.
    RAVE: Minimal emails this week.
    RANT: Got the "the check is in the mail line." Knew it was, so all work on that project is stopped.
    RAVE: Can't wait for that douche to call me. He literally had the balls to act like he was getting the envelope the check was in back from the postal carrier, to change the address. "And the Academy Award for trying not to look like a lying dick scum bag goes to..."

15. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just finished Halo: Reach on Legendary.

Rave: 600 posts! Wooo!

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just played a 4v4 starcraft match and all of my team mates left right at the start. One guy jumped out, and the other two figured we were screwed so they left too. I fucking won. It was 1v4 and I took out everyone. My most impressive SC2 showing (no, it wasn't in bronze league). Having those extra resources really helps the rush.

Rant: Work is really going to suck tomorrow. At this point I might as well stay up all night. This is the price of getting an awesome new computer.

17. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: It's Friday, just have to make it through the rest of this work day.

Rave: Going to an Oktoberfest party tonight, complete with brats and sauerkraut and good beer. Anyone have any suggestions on some good Oktoberfest beers that I can pick up?

18. jakeblues

jakeblues
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Was able to jog a 10k on a treadmill. Only 5mph so slow, but still, for a fatass to jog 10k is still pretty good right?

Rant: Still fat.

19. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I showed up to work yesterday wearing good looking jeans and a V-neck (just got done with classes) and the CEO of the company instantly starts poking fun at me for "dressing up all fancy for work!"

I'm showing up today wearing Carhartt coveralls and a torn up cutoff shirt with oil stains. I love my job.

Rant: The girlfriend will be here today and I am getting a cold. It started yesterday and has not slowed down. God dammit!

20. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Customer visit went perfect today. First order at a HUGE account that is very very picky about their suppliers. Always a good sign when a customer starts talking about the next project before they've taken delivery of the first one.

Rant: I work with a bunch of fucking animals. Two minutes before the customers walked into the building two of the assembly technicians were arguing back and forth and getting heated. One of the guys has a history of snapping and getting into fights on the floor. If it was any other company he would have been fired years ago.

Rant: My puppy has been sick and shitting his brains out since I took him to the vet on Wednesday for a checkup and shots. If he isn't better by tonight I'm going to have to bring him back. Poor lil guy.