Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE The Chiefs won last night are alone in first place for the first time in a LONG time. Sure it's only one game, but that's enough for me at this point.

Rave/Rant? On Friday, I am getting a vasectomy. I'm not that concerned about the procedure, and it will be nice to plow the wife without worrying about another kid coming along. But there will be needles and scalpels and other sharp instruments near my boys.

2. NotaPharmacist

NotaPharmacist
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Back on the road trip. Hit Charlotte, currently in Savannah and loving life
    Rant: Evidently I can't stay here just yet. Time to find a job.
    Rave: The road trip continues along the Gulf Coast until I hit Galveston or Houston. Can someone let me know whether or not I can call it Tarball Tour '10?

3. jrczj

jrczj
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just broke up with the GF, I really liked her too. She came over like normal and everything was fine, when I came out of the shower she just came out of left field and told me she wanted to end things. She kept saying that she thinks I'm hiding something from her, but wouldn't elaborate even when I asked. I checked my internet history and then noticed she went on my facebook and read through my messages while I was in the shower. Crazy bitch. Anyway, the thing that gets me is that there wasn't even anything bad in there. Just messages to a few of my friends, some of who happened to be girls. The worst part is even if she did get over it and wanted to get back together, there is no way I can do that. As much as I like her, I'm really big on trust. Oh well I guess.

4. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: My Physics class is dumber than shit. I guarantee at least 60% of these kids drop after the first test. They can't figure out vectors FFS. They're slowing it down so much I'm bored the whole time.

Rave: Locally grown onion and red pepper + local mozzarella + tomato from the backyard + local eggs in a pan = super delicious dinner. A little Cholula hot sauce on top and I'm in heaven. It's amazing the quality difference between local produce and supermarket bullshit.

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I've been asked to create some training materials that will be used nationwide. Awesome.

Rave: Accomplishing a hell of a lot more than I expected to around this time.

Rave: The girlfriend will be up here this weekend.

Rant: Dammit woman you can trust me! Seriously!

6. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got this straightened out and verified it. The people who adopted the two we re-homed work for an animal shelter and use Craigslist to re-home dogs from the shelter. The re-homing fee is a donation for the animal shelter.

The two they got from us are for their children, they are not being put up for adoption.

Rant: Slightly over-reacted.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Caught Nettdata's food poisoning (you baaastard...). Found out by waking up at 3am to some insanely horrible cramps and a rather agonising twenty minutes on the toilet. It's a good thing I live alone, but I think I may have woken up the neighbours.

Rave: I officially do not have Celiac disease. I didn't think I had it, but a rep point from the illness thread followed by an ad I saw on tv for a take home test kit prompted me to cross it off the list anyway. Completely negative test results. I guess I'm just not fucked up in that way.

8. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Looks like I'm in for a quiet, productive day. I can definitely use one of those.

Moronic Rave: Uncle recently joined Facebook. I was nosily looking through his friends list this morning and saw that one woman had posted some pictures of her infant son. 4 different albums and she's spelled his name 3 different ways. Idiot. I love it.

9. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Fucking McGriddles. I haven't had one of those in forever and they are delicious.

Rant: McGriddles and Coffee shits are due to hit me within the next four hours.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Rave: I have never had a McGriddle. To some of you I'm sure you'll think this should have been a rant. To that I say, I don't have to wash myself with a rag on a stick. Win.

11. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Fully moved into the farm, the move went very smoothly.

Rave: The GF loves the apartment

Rant: The shower only gets luke-warm at the moment, hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Rave: I've upped my milk consumption and am noticing that I recover much more quickly now.

Rant: I don't have cable and I'm still waiting on my wireless router to be shipped to me. There's nothing for me to do in my free time besides getting drunk and playing video games.

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got a new rag for my stick today. Tomorrow I might buy a longer stick for my rag.

Rant: Is it possible to get food poisoning over the interwebs? I'm the third person on here to suffer the gastrointestinal unpleasantness.

Rant: I screwed up Shegirl's quote and can't seem to fix it. I think I've shit my brains out quite literally.

13. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

RANT: Lost my headphones.

Rave: Double rainbow today.

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: My favorite cigar lighter is missing. I'm fanatical about getting it back whenever I let someone use it to light up. Except this past weekend when I had a pack of children chasing my puppy around the yard (had to make sure they were throwing the stick for him and not at him).

I'm 99% sure the last person who had it was my shady neighbor who would most certainly pocket the thing. I'm going to ask if I left it on his deck railing to give him an out for getting it back to me.

Rant: A very close family friend is trying to get me to hire one of his friends that has been out of work for a while. Today this guy sent me an email that rubbed me absolutely the wrong way. It says nothing specific about what he's accomplished but rather uses 1984ish newspeak that makes me think he's nothing but a fattened middle looking for another place to park for a while. I don't need any of those. A section of his email to me is below.

Rave:
    Famous Smoke is having an awesome sale right now. More cancer logs for everyone!

15. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: Mongolian Bar-b-que: 2, Annie: 0

2 days that bar-b-que has been ripping thru my system like Hurricane Whatever-one-we're-on and we're out of TP. Woot. Luckily (so I'm told I should feel) there's "like, a quarter box of kleenex left."

Hmmm, how do you say "fuck you" in Mongolian? Hahaha, or as the woman at the restaurant said "Mongorian."

Rave: having fun with my new Torch.

16. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: I picked the wrong day to try to quit smoking. Car got booted. Also totally forgot I have traffic court tomorrow for a ticket from April. 3 hour class this evening (which I could only last through half of.) I would literally murder someone for a pack of reds right now.

Rave: Still haven't had one yet.

17. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Spoiler because none of this all that interesting. It just feels good to have good news and I want to share.

Super Huge Mega Rave:

I think I am employed! It took fucking forever and I turned out to just get lucky, but Friday I should sign paper work, move over the weekend, and start Monday. First full time gig in the real world and first time living completely alone. My friends still make twice as much as I do, but hopefully with a little ingenuity and elbow grease I can turn the corner and at least be a semi-contributing member of society in spite of my English degree and the naive idea of being a lawyer. It doesn't pay great, but I get to live on-site in a 2 bedroom apt. rent free with my utilities paid. It's a small town in the middle of nowhere, but I don't even care at this point. Best job I have been qualified for by far.

Rave:

Went to the doc and she is putting me on lexapro. Probably not going to be a magic bullet for my shitty outlook on life, but I'm starting to get help after battling on my own for the past seven years, which is a good thing. Also, my cholesterol is low, not normal, but low. Not a big deal except I'm a fat worthless fuck that never exercises, so this was pretty amazing and my doctor was visibly surprised.

Rave/Rant:

My mom decided to be extra awesome and buy me new tires. I was going to wait and do this in a few months after I had a little money in the bank, but she decided to do it as a moving out sort of gift. (yeah, i'm a pos that had to live with his mom) This is a rant because it's going to cost about a grand to do it.

A whole bunch of other shit is starting to look up for my family as well. Been a tense few months.

18. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Get my puppy tomorrow!! Feels like I have been waiting forever.

19. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: Oversped the flaps today. Our flap lowering speed is 120, gear lowering speed is 150. In order to lose some speed I said this: "Airspeed below 150, gears." And I hit the flap lever without thinking twice instead of the gear handle. I was flying about 145 knots, caused an early ending to my flight. Stupid mistake.

Rantish: I'll fly the flight again tomorrow, and solo on Friday if not tomorrow too. Radial Instruments start on Monday.

Rant/Rave: Get a break from flying for a good 3 weeks at least because of my RI classes.

20. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave- I also got to see the double rainbow.
    Rant- I got to see it rushing to get coffee on my incredibly too short supper break.