Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Update to previous rant: had to call Mike and tell him that his (now former) friends basically told him to go fuck himself, and he was out of our fantasy football league. I also informed him of exactly what a lot of them said, including:

--One guy saying he'd rather have two new girls in the league than Mike (this is the same guy who has been accused of sexual harrassment multiple times)
    --One guy who said it was Mike's own fault for not signing up on time (The league was open for 1 day before we had 12 positions filled, including this guy's girlfriend, who has never been in the league before, and who everyone else agrees shouldn't have been signed up, but was anyway, and they refuse to kick her out)
    --One guy, the fucking douche-nozzle that I want to kick in the skull with steel toed boots, posting a passive-aggressive 'fuck you' to Mike after Mike argued that he should be allowed in because he paid last year, while this cum-guzzler didn't.

Rave: ...silver lining, now Mike and two of his buddies are joining my other league, which will have much less drama and stupidity

Rant/Rave?: Brother-in-law is leaving for college next week, and his college is a 13 hour drive away. This means I won't be seeing him again until probably Christmas. On the one hand, he can be kind of a tool. On the other, he is a funny tool, plus he keeps my mother-in-law occupied. My wife and I have no idea how she is going to handle empty-nest syndrome, but we are expecting a LOT more random visits from the mother-in-law in the coming months. Her visiting more will suck, but I'm glad for my brother-in-law to get out of that house and away from her for a while.

2. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Since when do the cherries that they put in Sonic cherry limeades having fucking pits in them? My teeth hurt like a bitch now.

3. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: (Preseason) Football has started!

4. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Finally have a car that works. Will post pictures when I take them. It's pretty sweet, a '96 Jetta.

Rant: Needs a wee bit of work done on it; namely, the speedometer needs to be fixed.

Whatever, easy stuff.

5. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- I dont accept the rally against building a mosque near Ground Zero.

Every objection I've heard- "it's not about religion, it's about sensitivity". Wrong on both counts. A temple there wouldn't create headlines and how sensitive is it to tie an entire religion to extremists? The 9/11 terrorists don't represent Islam anymore than David Koresh represented Christianity.

What's worse, a mosque near Ground Zero or a change in citizen's rights and thoughts (which is the intention of terrorism)? Listen, I understand why people don't want it. But it's a lazy excuse.

I hate ending this with such a cliche, but if we don't allow the mosque, the terrorists really have won.

6. fishysticks

fishysticks
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: We've been lied to! We're already screwed out of our 10k down payment for the house we were "renting to own".. then the owner backed out of the deal and went to foreclosure instead. Moron. She claimed she was getting out of foreclosure and all would be ok.. and I just got 4 certified letters in the mail stating this house IS infact going up for auction in 10 days. Insane. Now the owner has to give the deed to the house to the city in order to stop foreclosure.. and still there's no guarantee. At least if she fucks us, we can fuck her by suing the hell out of her.. but it doesn't make the situation much better. We still get screwed out of the house we put so much work into and possibly have to pay back our tax credit since we haven't lived here for 3 yrs. I want to punch the owner in the face. Greedy bitch.

Rave: At least tomorrow I get to get out of this damn house by myself for a little while and get my hair done. And i'm finally getting rid of the red hair.. I think i'll feel much better about myself with a small change.

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant? Rave?: I have now quoted Finding Nemo, Up, and Despicable Me during or immediately after sex.

8. Politik

Politik
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Working on my first screenplay. Think Superbad+Half Baked+The Great Gatsby. It's kinda a loose, modern adaptation of Gatsby that takes place in an affluent suburban high school with lots and lots of weed. Even if this ends up sucking it's fun as hell to write.

9. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Rave: Having a kinky birthday party tonight... With a bouncy castle.
    RAVE:Not rented in my name.

Attached Files:

10. Tope

Tope
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You ever have one of those days that starts out so well you know it is possibly going to end up bad? But you're so wrapped around in a good mood you forget all about the possibilities of anything bad happening and then -- SMACK! There goes your day.

Rave: Great day with the girlfriend it was one of our anniversary type things so we spent the day together. Went out to eat some great Italian Food and watched a few movies.

Rave: Great weather.

Rave: Filled up my tank of gas.

Throbbing Cock Rant: So, some drunk cunt at around 2:30am decides to hit my parked car in front of my girlfriends house. We hear the noise and see a guy standing around his car, then he fucking takes off. He broke the tail light, scratched more than half of the left side and popped my side window right off. Called the cops, got my insurance covering it. All is good, but how fucking stupid can people be? I had an uncle die because he decided to get behind the wheel and drive. I can not stand that at all. I know you all here love your beer and liquor, but if you think that it is okay to get behind the wheel and drive home when you feel the whiskey dick, then fuck you. I hope the next time he goes out, has a few drinks and decides to drive ends up being his last.

That is all.

11. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Made it to LA. Out of Ohio forever. Thank god. 3 days of road tripping without the old man. Learned alot about the family that I didn't know. New job starts on Monday, gonna spend the rest of the weekend with the Girl. Who is fucking incredible.

12. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: My brother left for Afghanistan on Thursday. Granted he's more in computer support, so his exposure to danger will be significantly lower, but it's still 6 months I have to spend wondering what the hell's going on with him
    Rant: I feel like I've been conveniently ignoring the sacrifices of our Armed Forces the past 10 years until just now when it becomes personal. Kinda makes me feel like a shithead.
    Rave: Now that my sprained ankle has healed, I'm back in the gym full time. Not working out was seriously affecting my mood.

13. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Bumped into my favorite hockey player growing up, Guy Carbonneau, two days ago. It was the first time in my life I was star struck. He was my hero when I was a 'lil tyke.

Rant: I haven't been eating properly, or working out. I feel guilty.

14. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant & Rave Thread

Rave: <a class="postlink" href="http://mobile.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/14/1623111/mixed-martial-arts-mma-legalized" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mobile.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/14 ... -legalized</a>

This excites me like nothing else can. Holy shit.

15. TheCapn

TheCapn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: I've just found out that my regimen of Netflix streaming, Itunes downloading, and torrenting put me at 1TB of bandwidth usage for the month of July. Comcast isn't exactly pleased with this and they let me know that if I go over the 250GB cap again, my account will be cancelled. It makes me wonder: Why am I paying $120/month for premium internet service if it only gets me 1 weeks worth of bandwidth?

16. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave- I have gone to the beach or lake every weekend this summer and finally have, what could possibly be considered, a tan.
    Rant- I am so pale that my tan is pretty weak.

17. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: A plastic fucking carburetor? Sure, let's just shit on 5,000 years of progress in metallurgy.

18. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Raves:

A few weeks ago I interviewed for a great job a few days before my week of vacation. On my first day back (this past Monday) I got the company's "You Suck" letter, telling me that I didn't get the job. The hiring manager called me and said that she was very impressed with me and wished she could have hired me, but the company forces departments to give people their last jobs back if their current department is laid off. So while she couldn't hire me, she referred me to a manager she works with who was looking for someone to fill the same job. She went on to state that while the job title is the same, the other manager's positions are considered much higher in the company and are basically stepping stones to huge roles within the company. And huge paychecks.

That manager called me a few hours later and set up an interview for this past Thursday. I interviewed at 11:00 Thursday morning. By 4:30, I had the job. I start September 6.

Also, I think I'm dating this girl I met a few weeks ago. We've been hanging out and fucking a lot, but she isn't clingy at all. I called her earlier today on the way home from a kinda drunken night out with friends (I stopped drinking heavily a while ago) and she came over and hung out with them for a while. She immediately started giving one of them tons of shit for this whack-job girl he's been dating (I'll post about that mess some other time) and had them all laughing.

Life is good.

19. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Here's to you, deadbeat eBay members who bid on my items, win said items and then don't bother to pay. Thank you for wasting my fucking time.

Rave: She hasn't paid, but I still have her address. What should I do with it?

20. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Mexico was awesome. Enjoyed myself immensely, got a ton of work done, and made a bunch of progress on a huge project.

Rant/Rave?: The extremely wealthy of India are... a bit odd. They're like gods or kings over there. Literally worshiped and can seemingly do know wrong. Their view on society, poverty, and what it means to them is shocking. The guy I was with views these people as a natural resource to be used up through hard labor at cheap rates. No wonder their economy is booming.

Rave:
    I'll be going to India in a few weeks to stay at his compound and tour their manufacturing facilities. I wonder if I'll have my own food/poison taster like he does.

Rant/Rave?: My neighbor that's in the Air Force is moving. He got reassigned so he'll be gone in a few months. He's putting his house up for sale but there's no way he'll get close to the asking price. Wonder who my new neighbors will be... Wonder if I should just buy the place and rent it???

Hmmmm.