Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Watched a 2009 episode of Family Guy to see if it's gotten better/watchable. It has not.

Rave: Watched the behind the scenes documentary for Michael Jacksons' 'This Is It' tour. My god what an entertainer/musical genius. I yet again agree with George Carlin. Fuck those kids.

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SGEDIT: Don't respond to R&R posts, not even mine. You know better. PM stuff like that.

3. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SGEDIT: Don't respond to R&R posts.

4. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Back to work after a week off.

Rant: Had enough of not getting proper sleep. St6upid brain giving me fucked up dreams.

5. Brengsek

Brengsek
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Where David Hasselhoff is remembered for music, no
    Rave: Watching a large thunderstorm passing through the valley located below the terrace I'm enjoying a doobie on.

Rant: No fair female in sight...

6. Striding Man

Striding Man
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE! Just spent 4 days in Toronto with the wife for our first anniversary! We had the best time and it's such a fun city! Drank a shit ton of good beer at Bar Volo, that was tits!

Rave! Taking 6 days off didn't kill my business! We're kickin ass today!

7. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Is there anything pissing you off that bench pressing a couple hundred pounds can't cure? FUCK NO!

8. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: I'm really fucking happy for no apparent reason. Feels good.

9. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: So when they removed the strapping to remove my gas tank and change my fuel pump, they realized that the tank had rusted through and was now ruined. Thanks, because I really felt like replacing the gas tank, too.

Double Rant: It would appear that the new gas tank holds 25L (5.5Gal). WTF? My old tank was a 70L. What the hell is a pickup truck gonna do with a 25L tank? Drive back and forth between the house and the gas station?

10. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

AWESOME FUCKING RAVE: GUESS WHO'S GOING TO BE WORKING WITH A MIDGET!!!!

Dude's cool as fuck, too. Came up and shook my hand: "How's it going bro? You like working with midgets?"
    "Of course."
    "Then you're going to have a great fucking time in this place! See you around."

11. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

12. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: My weekend prior to drill weekend. So I am going to watch "Inception" again tonight and keep a careful eye out for little details we have been talking about.

Mega Rave: Tomorrow water slides in Redding!! Ill probably stay in the lazy pool all day.\

13. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave Got a new baby Chinese Golden Scorpion today on a whim. Girlfriend got a new puppy so I had to one-up her. This motherfucker is nasty! Girlfriend refuses to sleep in the same house as me now.

Rant? Rave? Still unsure. Last sentence above.

14. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Spinning in a plane is fun!!

Rant: 0530 briefs in the mornings are not...

Rave: I'll be done with my work day before the majority of you guys wake up!

15. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A quick follow up on this post.

Rant: Found out the mosquitos bites might be poison oak as I've recently realized how much of an outbreak I really have.

Rant: The show took alot longer than expected. I originally thought that it was only my friends band, one other, and then the headliner and damn was I wrong. There was a total of 6 bands, which actually weren't that bad, the venue was alot smaller than I thought it was going to be, but the "headliners" took over 30 minutes to actually get on stage when they didn't even set that much shit up. They weren't even that good for all the wait and the singer came off as a huge dick. Then, after the concert we had to deal with my completely hammered friend who was in one of the bands that played and he took another 30 mins to get settled before we took off, so we didn't even get to go to the strip joint. Damn.

Rave: Friends band killed it and met a new girl who came to the concert with us. She's having a party this weekend and she lives about 45 mins away, so basically I can do whatever I want and never have to worry about seeing half the people that will be there ever again. Sweet!

16. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Research assistant interview yesterday went very well. They also asked if I'd be interested in a teaching assistant position, which would be pretty cool as well. Both part time jobs that also provide state health benefits (how awesome is that?!). Should know in a few weeks.

Rave: Pretty much all caught up on my writing assignments. Another paper due Monday, group project on Wednesday, then a take home essay exam due on the 13th and this session is behind me. Last class is in a bar. Not sure if that's a rant or a rave yet.

Rant: Self-medicating with junk food. I'm drinking Mountain Dew like I used to drink beer. I have to get out of this sugar cycle.

17. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Had "Take Five" stuck in my head all day yesterday. Decided to sit down and learn how to play it on guitar. About twenty minutes later (with the help of tabs) I could play it in time.

To some of you, this is probably elementary, but I haven't taught myself a new song in probably 6 months, so it felt good to add something to my repertoire.

18. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Finally moving into the new house tomorrow after living with my parents for the last 3+ weeks. It wouldn't have been so bad buy my Grandma also lives with them and she can get on our nerves pretty easily. The best part is I was figuring we'd be paying $300+ more a month than our old house due to it being double the size and stuff but we got the numbers and it looks like it'll be about $100 more a month. We'll be going from a 1100 sq ft 40 year old house to an 2400 sq ft 1 year old house and only pay $100 more a month. I still can't believe it. We also have high efficiency everything so that actually will turn out to be a little lower. I cannot wait.

Rant: I think part of the stress of home selling/home buying has gotten to my pregnant wife. Her blood pressure has been up a little the last two doctor trips, and she has elevated ALT levels (whatever that is), so she was on bed rest last weekend and may have to this weekend too. Right now it's not a big deal since she's a teacher and summer school is finishing, but if she ends up going on bed rest for an extended amount of time come fall that's going to be really difficult financially. Luckily my cousin is a doctor and has talked with her and that has helped calm her down, but it's still a worry. It being twins makes everything that much riskier so I just try and keep her calm and hope the numbers come back down on their own. If everyone comes out healthy it'll be worth it, but I really don't want to be on a single income for 4 months.

19. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I hopped in my car to drive to gym class, turned to get something out of my purse and somehow wrenched something in my upper back. It was the most benign movement ever, and yet now I'm in excruciating pain and can barely move my arms or breathe.

Most pathetic of all, I can't reach the icebox because it hurts so much, nor could I reach the spot in my back where I need to ice.

RAVE: At least this happened while I am housesitting my mom's, so I can watch HBO all day.

20. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Shit!!! Still haven't heard anything from the job interview from last week!! Early next week apparently means whenever the fuck they feel like it. I guess it's their company, they can do that.

Rave: heading back to LA in a couple of weeks to see the Girl. Cross country long distance blows, but meh, she's worth it. Still trying to score jobs from Ohio bites ass. Might just have to say fuck it and head out that way and try locally.