Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Iron Maiden in Chicago last weekend. Those old fuckers can still throw one of the best concerts I've been to. They were absolutely awesome.

Rave: Women of Chicago. God bless them, every one (or at least the ones we met). Curves in all the right places, fun loving, booze loving, and very enthusiastic. A couple great ways to end a couple great days.

Rant: Fuck work. Right in it's goat ass. I wasn't done having fun yet.

2. LindseyBluth

LindseyBluth
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Got in a car accident July 2nd. I was read ended on the interstate causing me to hit the truck in front of me. There were 5 cars piled up. My Lincoln Aviator was totaled. I am having bad back and neck pain. None of this was my fault and I am seriously fucking frustrated by the whole mess. So much paperwork and pain. I am thinking about getting an attorney.

Rave: I wasn't killed or more seriously injured than my back pain.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Bigtime Gross Disgusting Rant:

Let it be known in case some are this dense, sending a mod a PM with only a "you know what's funny" and a "me" with youtube link to you jacking your disgusting self off, will result in a permaban.

In my 5&1/2 years on the TMMB/RMMB/TiB that was by far the most offensive thing I've seen.
    Fucking freak.

The click couldn't happen fast enough. The damage was already done. I wish I could go back in time or bleach my eyeballs and empty my memory bank.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RAVE: Permabanning (literal) jerk-offs is fun.

5. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE Got an A- on my history paper that I basically conjured up at the last minute Sunday night and put almost zero effort into.

RAVE Playing volleyball tonight.

RANT My wife's senile border collie pissed on the carpet in our room. I rented a steam cleaner and used every trick in the book, and it STILL fucking smells. He's 11, deaf, neurotic and wanders around aimlessly. He has peed in my son's room, in my workshop, on my tools, on my car, on the dining room table, he's just fucking nuts. He's an OK dog, other than being basically useless. My wife "loves" him, but he's not a companion like my chocolate lab, it's not like he fetches the ball or wants to lay around and hang out like Mayhem does. I've been subtly (and not so subtly) suggesting that he's pretty old, deaf and crazy, maybe it's time for him to be put out of his misery, but she wants nothing to do with it. So I get to keep on cleaning the carpets. With my luck, he'll live to 20. Now, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love dogs, and I can't stand it when they get put down, but fuck me, this is just annoying.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: being forced to rely and depend upon a group of fucking incompetents makes me want to go postal. Regardless of the amount of work that a whole shit-load of talented and competent people do as a team, a small 3-man group has the ability to tarnish the public impression of all of that with seeming ease.

Fuck them.

7. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Great weekend in LA. I believe that epic would be an appropiate term. Went to a friends brother's BBQ Saturday night. Met a great chick, was spooning a bit on the porch hammock with said woman, when her brother decided that he didn't like it and came over and threatened to "punch me in the face". Said woman is 33, she told him to "get the fuck out of there and shut the fuck up!" The rest of the family basically said the same thing to him. Went out with her on Sunday night and I am absofuckinglutely sprung on her. She is fucking amazing.

Rant/Rave: Still haven't heard from the anyone about the job interview. Hoping they're checking reference's and background before offering me the job. I hope that I am just being impatient. This is one of those life altering type jobs, the woman may be too.

Rave: Even if the job falls through, am still planning on going back to visit her every 3 weeks or so until I can find work and move back. (yes, I know that it's premature to be planning like this, but let me have my delusions)

8. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT/RAVE?: I guess this remains to be seen, but I'm starting to gravitate toward a Masters in Social Work rather than criminal justice. In my time at my current job, I'm starting to realize that crim is more "This is how we punish sex offenders" and social work is more "This is how we help the victims." It's a rave because it's breathing new life into my career aspirations. It's a rant because social work is the most unappreciated profession. My social working mother in law told me this regarding her job: "I get paid so little to be everything to everyone."

9. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goddamn, Smirnoff is fucking disgusting. If you're not springing for Russian Standard or better, at least buy Svedka, which tastes like nothing and doesn't poison the martini with its inferiority. No wonder the bottle's been sitting half-full on the bar for 8 months. Bleh.

10. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In response to my last rant about whether to move to Boise or Salt Lake City I have received a couple comments about staying where I am. I figured I would post a link of the last time my town was in the news. Admittingly I thought it was kinda cool at first but now seeing my old friends going to jail or simply being put in the hospital by these people (Earlier rant about my friend losing his toes and possibly his foot) I feel I need a change. Thanks for giving me your guys opinions though.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321747,00.html

Sorry about not linking urls in my text, I'm just not sure how to do it.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: $2000 back from the tax department.

RANT: Going straight on the $19000 bill I just got from the tax department.

I love taxes. I love contributing to society. I love paying proportionately more for public things, especially for things I get a guilt trip for using, and especially by non-contributing people who I prop up...... wheeeeeeee!!!!

Fuck it.

12. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: So, I grind my teeth in my sleep. A lot more than I thought I did. I got a few sealants replaced last week at the dentist, and I keep waking myself up to the sound of parts of them chipping off in my sleep. Again, wouldn't be so concerned, but literally half of 2 back molars are purely sealant due to fucked up formation as a baby....due to being sick and medicine inhibiting the enamel formation. I know it's that because of how my teeth feel after waking up. Not a happy camper. Not wanting to go back to sleep and grind away all of this shit. Not happy that $300 worth of sealants can easily chip away because of some grinding. Fuck you, stress that manifests in my grinding!

13. Dayvan

Dayvan
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RAVE: After several weeks dealing with the new puppy bringing Kennel Cough and Ear Mites into the house... infecting the other puppy with Kennel Cough, going through enormous vet bills, several antibiotics and lots of doggie cough meds they are finally looking and acting healthy again.

RANT: Disrespectful, low-class, peacocking motherfuckers [I mean, seriously, fucking skinny jeans hanging off your ass and a baseball cap that is not only backwards and side-ways but also cocked forward to your eyebrows, INSIDE? What the fuck is wrong with these kids/manchildren!? Oh, and then they think they are some sort of tough thug? You have Big Bird from Sesame Street blown up on your too long t-shirt you poor, poor confused individuals...] that come into my place of work and mar an otherwise good evening.

RANTx2: Arriving home from work at 3am.

14. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm having one of those spells again. One of those spells where I remember that I'm sexually frustrated. Where I look for girls to talk to. I know it's fruitless, it never ends like I want it to, with sex. I'll just message girls on dating sites and they'll be camgirls or I'll come off like a huge douche. Maybe because I am, I don't know. Either way, it's just a giant rabbit hole full of vagina and tits that I'll never get. Not that I think of women this way. I'll just fall down the rabbit hole until I come out the other side and start all over again.

In short, I need to get laid.

15. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Didn't sleep well and woke up pissed off. Today is pretty much a write-off.

Rant: I'd love a drink right now and I don't even want to be discreet about it, but drinking at work is frowned upon, apparently.

16. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: It's looking like I may soon be flatting with a friend. After living on my own for such a long time I think it's going to be enjoyable. (Also means a much bigger house)

Rant: Haven't lived with anyone for over 8 months, since my ex left, so thats going to be interesting if it happen.

Rave/Rant: The person I'm possibly flatting with is female and hot. Unsure at this stage whether that is a good thing or bad thing.

17. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant:

As many of you saw in previous posts, one of my best friends passed away Saturday the 10th and I went to his service this past Sunday. My boss returned from his vacation and was pissed off at me and laid into me for taking days off. I work the graveyard hours at a retail job and there are very few on the schedule who can work my shifts. I found out about my friend Sunday at 4 PM, and called in explaining what happened and that I wasn't going to come in. The assistant manager, the first thing he told me was how when he was in the Army his buddies would get blown up in front of him all the time and he had to retrieve them and then wash the blood off of himself later on and go back to work. I don't know how that was supposed to help me, exactly.

The next day at 8 AM I already had five beers in me and called in again saying I could not make it. I have never dealt with anything like this in my life before, this was all new. This was a guy who was two doors down from me for 6-7 years growing up and I lived with him during college one year when he was going through his roughest dealings with oxycontin, the worst fucking drug in existence. He died by taking too much of his prescribed medication but I think it was an accident.

Anyways, they were able to cover those two shifts. When I called in Monday, I also let them know I needed Saturday night off because his service was the next day at noon and I had to be there by eleven. If I worked Saturday night I would not be off until seven in the morning, which makes it a fucking impossibility. I let them know about this Monday and yet they didn't find anyone to cover for me, and with only one person working they had to close the doors even though we are open 24 hours. A customer came by and was super pissed and called corporate. My boss got chewed out for this. This is why he is angry with me.

He told me I should have worried about myself and my reputation and that what I did was job abandonment and I am getting written up. I listen and he basically lays into me and says since I am an adult I need to act like one and not a little kid. He told me I was entitled to zero days off because it was not a relative. He called me selfish a few times in there as well. It was about a 40 minute reaming.

Sitting here typing this there is probably some truth in what he was saying but I could not help thinking like I wanted to lay into the motherfucker with some straight left hands. Or just quit on the spot and fuck him over for three weeks. But I need the money coming in right now so I had no choice but to listen to the bullshit. And now I am also on a short leash.

Really shitty start to my day. /longrant

18. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant / Rave: After fucking up my credit royally a few years back, my fico score has done some form of recovery.... two points below what I need to qualify for prime mortgage.

Rave: By the time I can actually save for a down payment I likely will have recouped those two points.

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant- This isn't a bipartisan bitchfest. I respect (and agree) with ideas from both of our major political parties, however...

Sarah Palin's popularity astounds me. Since when is a platform based on ignorance popular enough to be a presidential candidate?

I get the hometown "you betcha" bullshit, but why is hometown flair and intelligence mutually exclusive?

20. Sleeves

Sleeves
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Damn Mosquitos have been having a field day on my ankles. It looks like I have a herpes outbreak down there and there is nothing I can do about it. I literally have around a total of about 10 on each leg just in the ankle vicinity and its to the point where anti-itch creams aren't helping at all.

Rave: Going to a friends concert up in Syracuse today. It so happens that the venue it's in is right next door to a titty bar. Its called Paradise fountain and from what I heard its pretty awsome, I mean really its called paradise fountain. Yeah tits!